Are you an American?... Please read.

Are you an American?... Please read.

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
16 Dec 11

Originally posted by normbenign
Not to be too picky, but a glass of water isn't empty. Even an water glass without water in it isn't empty.
What about an empty jelly jar?

GRANNY.

U

Moves
16 Dec 11

Originally posted by smw6869
What about an empty jelly jar?

GRANNY.
You can have an empty jelly jar, but you cannot have an empty jar of jelly.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
17 Dec 11

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
You can have an empty jelly jar, but you cannot have an empty jar of jelly.
Actually, it is pretty difficult, if not impossible to have any kind of empty container at least on earth. Any totally empty container either fills with whatever has the greatest pressure surrounding it, whether water or air or some other element. If it is sealed and a vacuum truly empty, it would have to be strong enough to withstand the outside pressure.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
17 Dec 11

Originally posted by Sleepyguy
So seemingly hateful rhetoric like above, that's just playful banter then.
Take it as you please.

U

Moves
17 Dec 11

Originally posted by shavixmir
Take it as you please.
How about you just explain how you meant it? Did you mean it or was it playful banter?

s
Why so serious ????

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Moves
17 Dec 11

Well it looks like The Arab League is going to the U.N and even the Russians are not blocking the way for action to be taken against the Assad regime.

Should we be sending troops in?, is the next step Iran? and where does this all end?

Houston, Texas

Moves
22 Dec 11

Originally posted by shavixmir
Well... that's the whole thing, see...

As far as I'm able to detect, the plane was sending off a civilian signal.
See what No1 linked to: http://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/1993-08/vincennes-case-study

The flight path and the signal were both civilian. The captain of the boat knew this.
Fact!

End of story. And he got a reward for his murderous actions as well.
I wonder what the Captain and the US had to gain from intentionally and knowingly shooting down a civilian aircraft that was not a threat.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
23 Dec 11

Originally posted by moon1969
I wonder what the Captain and the US had to gain from intentionally and knowingly shooting down a civilian aircraft that was not a threat.
What does any psycho get out of killing?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
23 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by skipper2666
Well it looks like The Arab League is going to the U.N and even the Russians are not blocking the way for action to be taken against the Assad regime.

Should we be sending troops in?, is the next step Iran? and where does this all end?
I think the Syrian people will take out Assad (hopefully peacefully) with or without our help.

Interestingly, in a recent interview with Fareed Zakaria, Ehud Barak said that he doesn't expect Assad to be in power "in a year, or even a half a year."

http://podcasts.cnn.net/cnn/big/podcasts/fareedzakaria/video/2011/11/20/gps-podcast-11-20.cnn.m4v

s
Why so serious ????

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Moves
23 Dec 11

I'll listen to it and get back to you.

Barak is a man of integrity, intelligence and practicality. One of his mentors Menachim Begin is a hero of mine.
He was a top freedom fighter/ terrorist ( depending on your viewpoint ) and top leader.

He did let Sharon go too far in Lebanon in "82 but always regretted it.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
23 Dec 11

Originally posted by skipper2666
I'll listen to it and get back to you.

Barak is a man of integrity, intelligence and practicality. One of his mentors Menachim Begin is a hero of mine.
He was a top freedom fighter/ terrorist ( depending on your viewpoint ) and top leader.

He did let Sharon go too far in Lebanon in "82 but always regretted it.
Interesting.

So, you admire both Marwan Barghouti and Menachem Begin?

Okay, I'm not saying there's no logic to that, but it is, I would imagine, quite rare.

s
Why so serious ????

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Moves
23 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sh76
Interesting.

So, you admire both Marwan Barghouti and Menachem Begin?

Okay, I'm not saying there's no logic to that, but it is, I would imagine, quite rare.
There are some great leaders from both sides of the Israeli - Palastinian divide, to think differently would be a disservice to gleaning truths and seeing the big picture.

I did have a Moshe Dyan pic on my profile for a time.