1. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 23:48
    Originally posted by Palynka
    For me was the opposite. I knew about the horrors, so I knew what to expect and so never thought it would have that much of an emotional impact. I was wrong. It's not that I learned anything about the history...but you feel it. You really do.

At least I did.
    I have been to Auschwitz in 1986. When we arrived it was this sparkling sunny and warm day in may. It was so unreal to be in this place of ultimate horror and at the same time hear birds sing their joyful songs. In the barracks seeing these enormous mountains of collected spectacles, suitcases and hair send shivers down my spine ... thinking about it brings me back instantly, even after all these years.
  2. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 23:53
    Originally posted by Kegge
    I have been to Auschwitz in 1986. When we arrived it was this sparkling sunny and warm day in may. It was so unreal to be in this place of ultimate horror and at the same time hear birds sing their joyful songs. In the barracks seeing these enormous mountains of collected spectacles, suitcases and hair send shivers down my spine ... thinking about it brings me back instantly, even after all these years.
    I am positively sure if I'd be in Auschwitz I'd collapse or something...
  3. At the Revolution
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 01:56
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Never again!
    Why are you posting this now? Did you have a dream about Hitler last night or something?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree