1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 23:17
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Well, but for the jobs generated by the stimulus, the deficit would be much worse for lack of revenues. So no, Obama isn't to blame. Republicans fixate on the spending, but ignore the revenues.

The tragedy here is that even though the Republicans are losing the debt debate, they've won the narrative, because the real crisis is unemployment - NOT the deficit.
    Well, but for the jobs generated by the stimulus,-Kunsoo

Utter B.S.

Obamas "American Recovery and Reinvestment Act" got some jobs alright, at the cost of about $ 300,000 each ! It is a complete and utter failure.
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 23:201 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Utter B.S.

Obamas "American Recovery and Reinvestment Act" got some jobs alright, at the cost of about $ 300,000 each ! It is a complete and utter failure.
    http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/2011/jul/15/john-boehner/house-speaker-john-boehner-says-obamas-economists-/
  3. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 23:21
    If he is being blocked for anything it is to stop him from making a even bigger mess than he has already caused.
    How exactly would blocking Obama from raising the debt ceiling assist Obama in repairing the economy to whatever extent he is able?
  4. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 23:21
    Well, but for the jobs generated by the stimulus,-Kunsoo

Utter B.S.

Those figures have been debunked thoroughly. It was promoted by people who either don't understand what a multiplier is, or figure that their constituents won't.
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 23:23
    Contrary to the popular belief of liberals, Obama cannot walk on water nor can he "fix" a 14+ Trillion dollar deficit.
    If he is being blocked for anything it is to stop him from making a even bigger mess than he has already caused.
    Oh, I blame Obama for caving in to Republicans, over and over again on everything from the size of the stimulus (which should have been about 500 billion higher and more oriented towards economic restructuring to replace lost manufacturing) to health care reform. I'm wishing I had voted for Hillary Clinton. She would have at least put up fights.
  6. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 23:35
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I'm wishing I had voted for Hillary Clinton. She would have at least put up fights.
    If memory serves correctly, she lost her fight to overhall health care back in the 1990s.
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 23:45
    Contrary to the popular belief of liberals, Obama cannot walk on water nor can he "fix" a 14+ Trillion dollar deficit.
    Well, he certainly won't be able to even begin to fix a 14+ trillion dollar deficit if the solution to this problem is dependent on his ability to strike a deal with Congress; in a legislature dominated by reactionary republicans devoted to vodoo economics the prospects of a serious compromise being reached are pretty bleak as we can all see.

Apart from yourself and whodey, who seem to have an uncritical adoration of the GOP, everybody else can see that the responsibility for an economic collapse, if a reasonable compromise is not reached, will fall not on Obama and the democrats but on the republican party.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 00:00
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Apart from yourself and whodey, who seem to have an uncritical adoration of the GOP, everybody else can see that the responsibility for an economic collapse, if a reasonable compromise is not reached, will fall not on Obama and the democrats but on the republican party.
    I can't recall anything that utherpendragon has said on this forum that would justify equating his disapproval of Obama with "an uncritical adoration of the GOP".
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 00:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    I can't recall anything that utherpendragon has said on this forum that would justify equating his disapproval of Obama with "an uncritical adoration of the GOP".
    Then I suggest you refresh your memory

"Nobody else other than Obama and his big gov progressive cronies crammed the trillion dollar stimulus down our throats. The blame rest with them. The last election was a referendum on this as well as 2012 will be.
    Blaming GW and or the GOP is not cutting it with American people any longer"

"If [Obama] is being blocked for anything it is to stop him from making a even bigger mess than he has already caused"

Clearly uther is making some extraordinary effort to exonerate the GOP of all responsibility for the economic situation the US currently finds itself in, basically rewriting recent history. Im sure you know this, but I understand you like to put up opposition for opposition's sake.
  10. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 00:15
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    If memory serves correctly, she lost her fight to overhall health care back in the 1990s.
    And Obama lost it a couple of years ago.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 00:201 edit
    Then I suggest you refresh your memory

[b]Originally posted by utherpendragon

"Nobody else other than Obama and his big gov progressive cronies crammed the trillion dollar stimulus down our throats. The blame rest with them. The last election was a referendum on this as well as 2012 will be.
    Blaming GW and or the GOP is not cutting it with ...[text shortened]... sure you know this, but I understand you like to put up opposition for opposition's sake.[/b]
    utherpendragon, quite pointedly and deliberately, has never expressed "an uncritical adoration of the GOP" on this forum, that's all I am saying. It doesn't help the discussion to claim he has or does.
  12. Pepperland
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 00:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    utherpendragon, quite pointedly and deliberately, has never expressed "an uncritical adoration of the GOP" on this forum, that's all I am saying. It doesn't help the discussion to claim he has or does.
    Feel free to entertain such pleasant thoughts about utherpendragon, Im simply not interested.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 00:27
    Feel free to entertain such pleasant thoughts about utherpendragon, Im simply not interested.
    Well you were interested enough to make the silly claim about utherpendragon, to the detriment of the point you were seeking to make about the GOP.
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 00:341 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well you were interested enough to make the silly claim about utherpendragon, to the detriment of the point you were seeking to make about the GOP.
    You're entitled to your opinion. In my point of view you're wrong about uther, he has consistently show himself to be squarely partisan in his criticism of Obama, always minimizing Bush's policies and the role they played in adding to America's debt, opting instead to shift all the blame to Obama and his "progressive cronies".

Your denial of this observable pattern in uther's posts suggests you may perhaps be simply arguing for the sake of arguing instead of posting anything of real value to the discussion, as you often do when you feel like indulging in your trolling habits, but like I said, you're entitled to your opinion.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 00:371 edit
    You're entitled to your opinion. In my point of view you're wrong about uther, he has consistently show himself to be squarely partisan in his criticism of Obama, always minimizing Bush's policies and the role they played in adding to America's debt, opting instead to shift all the blame to Obama and his "progressive cronies".
    Equating utherpendragon's disapproval of Obama with "an uncritical adoration of the GOP" is an error on your part. Perhaps you don't understand the political dynamic in terms of the opposition to Obama. It's not simplistic as you make out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree