1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 04:12
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Truth is very few Republicans are uncritical or adoring of the GOP. I would say none of the regular "right wingers" that post here match that description.
    I don't really get why generalissimo thought he was enhancing his point by making the claim about specific "right wingers" posters when it clearly isn't true. Mind you, slapping highly generalized strawmen positions onto "opponents" in fits of hyperbole is something that whodey and utherpendragon tend to do too. People can surely oppose Obama without having heaps of inaccurate or deceitful adjectives shovelled onto them?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 05:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have some cheek. I don't think I have ever come across anyone - and certainly not in the RHP community - who seems to want to hang everything on President Obama as much as you do. Bizarre attempts to conflate disparate information; strawmen marching across your OPs by the legion; hijacked threads by the dozen; paranoid theories by the blatherful.
    I am not hanging anything on Obama, rather, I'm only observing that the American people do this. You see it every presidential election. It's the only time people show up in mass to vote because they think the one vote is the most important one for their well being.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 05:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    I am not hanging anything on Obama, rather, I'm only observing that the American people do this.
    You have started dozens and dozens and dozens of threads over the last 3 years where you tried to hang all manner of things on President Obama, sometimes justifiably, sometimes dishonestly. In the same period you have written literally hundreds and hundreds of posts in which you tried to hang almost anything you could think of on Obama, often very conspicuously so, as it would frequently be off-topic or utterly far-fetched. Now after 3 years of it, to pass this all off as 'not whodey' but as "observing [..] the American people", just doesn't wash.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 06:013 edits
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Speaking of playing both sides...

I find it funny (although admittedly politically clever) that Tea Party candidates such as Bachmann seem all-too-willing not to flinch at the prospect of reaching our debt limit because we can simply "pay off the interest." They have this imaginary course of action that the United States could potentially take to aver ole global market collapses, then it was still somehow the fault of Obama and the Democrats.
    Ben Barnanke recently said that if the high US budget deficits are not curbed, the economy would slow and interest rates would go up. However, if the US defaults because Congress and the President refuse to agree on addressing the situation the same will happen.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-14/reinhart-rogoff-warn-rising-government-debt-levels-threaten-global-economy.html

In addition, a poll showed that 61% of the American population is not willing to increase taxes to pay off the increasing debt. Also, 60% are not willing to cut social security and medicare benefits.

So I think the answer is obvious. Obama most locate the millers daughter in Rumpelstiltskin and have her begin spinning hay into gold once again. It's our only hope!!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 06:071 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have started dozens and dozens and dozens of threads over the last 3 years where you tried to hang all manner of things on President Obama, sometimes justifiably, sometimes dishonestly. In the same period you have written literally hundreds and hundreds of posts in which you tried to hang almost anything you could think of on Obama, often very conspicuously ...[text shortened]... his all off as 'not whodey' but as "observing [..] the American people", just doesn't wash.
    Obama is an empty suit, but that empty suit is the front man for the progressive movement. All attention and commentary is therefore, focused primarily on him.

I have in the past dismissed those that say the President has any power to jump start the economy. It is just as absurd to think he can jump start it as Obama's claim that his stimulus pacakge would keep unemployment below 8% and create millions of jobs.
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 06:10
    Obama is an empty suit, but that empty suit is the front man for the progressive movement. All attention and commentary is therefore, focused primarily on him.

I have in the past dismissed those that say the President has any power to jump start the economy. It is just as absurd to think he can jump start it as Obama's claim that his stimulus pacakge would keep unemployment below 8% and create millions of jobs.
    The progressive movement has pretty much disowned him. Or hadn't you noticed?
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 06:11
    Ben Barnanke recently said that if the high US budget deficits are not curbed, the economy would slow and interest rates would go up. However, if the US defaults because Congress and the President refuse to agree on addressing the situation the same will happen.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-14/reinhart-rogoff-warn-rising-government-debt-levels-th ...[text shortened]... in Rumpelstiltskin and have her begin spinning hay into gold once again. It's our only hope!!
    But on Thursday Bernanke said that if we cut too much too quickly we will plunge ourselves into another recession. When should we listen to him and when should we ignore him?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 06:17
    If, as you say, Obama is an empty suit, then why have you spent the last three years or so trying to hang everything you could think of on him?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 06:391 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    If, as you say, Obama is an empty suit, then why have you spent the last three years or so trying to hang everything you could think of on him?
    To prove a point about the progressive movement.

I have tried to talk about other progressives like Pelosy and Reid and "W", but by in large the news of the day is only about Obama.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 06:41
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    But on Thursday Bernanke said that if we cut too much too quickly we will plunge ourselves into another recession. When should we listen to him and when should we ignore him?
    Don't look at me. He's not my appointee. All I know is that Obama and the rest of Congress seem to have a knack for knowing when to listen to him and when to ignore him.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 06:52
    To prove a point about the progressive movement.
    So you're saying you have been BOTH trying to hang everything you could think of on Obama and NOT trying to hang everything you could think of on Obama. A typical whodey stance perhaps.
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 12:57
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Those figures have been debunked thoroughly. It was promoted by people who either don't understand what a multiplier is, or figure that their constituents won't.
    Debunked by who ? You ? Where is your data to support your claim ?

“Seventh Quarterly Report”released on Friday, July 1 2011

The report was written by the White House’s Council of Economic Advisors, a group of three economists who were all handpicked by Obama, and it chronicles the alleged success of the “stimulus” in adding or saving jobs.

The council reports that, using “mainstream estimates of economic multipliers for the effects of fiscal stimulus” (which it describes as a “natural way to estimate the effects of” the legislation), the “stimulus” has added or saved just under 2.4 million jobs — whether private or public — at a cost (to date) of $666 billion. That’s a cost to taxpayers of $278,000 per job.

In other words, the government could simply have cut a $100,000 check to everyone whose employment was allegedly made possible by the “stimulus,” and taxpayers would have come out $427 billion ahead.

Furthermore, the council reports that, as of two quarters ago, the “stimulus” had added or saved just under 2.7 million jobs — or 288,000 more than it has now. In other words, over the past six months, the economy would have added or saved more jobs without the “stimulus” than it has with it. In comparison to how things would otherwise have been, the “stimulus” has been working in reverse over the past six months, causing the economy to shed jobs.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-s-economists-stimulus-has-cost-278000-job_576014.html

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/cea_7th_arra_report.pdf
  13. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 13:47
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Nobody else other than Obama and his big gov progressive cronies crammed the trillion dollar stimulus down our throats. The blame rest with them. The last election was a referendum on this as well as 2012 will be.
    Blaming GW and or the GOP is not cutting it with American people any longer.
    The stimulus balied out a lot of states and kept police and teachers employed. I know you feel awful in that it didn't all go to the wealthy.
  14. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 13:49
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [b]Debunked by who ? You ? Where is your data to support your claim ?

“Seventh Quarterly Report”released on Friday, July 1 2011

The report was written by the White House’s Council of Economic Advisors, a group of three economists who were all handpicked by Obama, and it chronicles the alleged success of the “stimulus” in addin ...[text shortened]... ob_576014.html

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/cea_7th_arra_report.pdf
    [/b]
    The Weekly Standard? Give me a break. If you think that Krystal is a quotable source you have some real problems.
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 13:51
    Originally posted by badmoon
    The stimulus balied out a lot of states and kept police and teachers employed. I know you feel awful in that it didn't all go to the wealthy.
    I would of preferred a $100,000 check to every one. Think that would of stimulated they economy ? Hell ya.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree