Bail out losers w $1.3T credit card debt?

Bail out losers w $1.3T credit card debt?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
45d

@wildgrass said
Enlighten me. It seems like they are the takers of society and we give them way more than others.
The farmers are takers says a lib rep, libs who do take indeed.
Spruce is a newbie. Watch how these libs never once deny that govt handouts are sickening, Spruce. Why? Because they are takers. You one, Spruce?

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
45d

@averagejoe1 said
The farmers are takers says a lib rep,
I had to look this up: "The first farm bill, the Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1933, was a part of the New Deal."

So farmers have been bailed out more or less continually over the last 90 years. But with the consolidation of small independent farms into bigger corporate enterprises, I guess a lot of that support now goes to Big Agribusiness.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
45d

@averagejoe1 said
Spruce is a newbie.
HAHAHAHA! @sh76, am I a newbie?

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
45d

@averagejoe1 said
Watch how these libs never once deny that govt handouts are sickening, Spruce.
Don't we? Remember, 'lib' is YOUR characterization. It might or might not be true.

But since you ask me by name, government handouts violate the 14th amendment of equal protection under the law. So do tax breaks.

Public debt is also a rights violation because it requires repayment from future generations who did not vote for or agree to that spending - a version of taxation without representation. So very problematic.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
45d

@averagejoe1 said
Because they are takers. You one, Spruce?
And btw, it's a little bit weird for someone I don't know to be asking me about my financial situation.

@averagejoe1 are you from a poor country? Do you need money? LMAO.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
45d
1 edit

@spruce112358
What do you expect from less than average Joe1?
I guess he didn't know you could click on a name here and see the flag, you OBVIOUSLY are a RUSSIAN plant paid by Putin, right?🙂

Lake Como

Moves
45d
1 edit

@spruce112358 said
HAHAHAHA! @sh76, am I a newbie?
To me, no offense. Glad you are here. So, who do you like for president?
And no intent for personal info, just getting an idea who is on what side of the fence. Apologies. Don't tell me! We have communists here, after all. Never have been close to one. Nor tattoos, for that matter.

Lake Como

Moves
45d

@spruce112358 said
I had to look this up: "The first farm bill, the Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1933, was a part of the New Deal."

So farmers have been bailed out more or less continually over the last 90 years. But with the consolidation of small independent farms into bigger corporate enterprises, I guess a lot of that support now goes to Big Agribusiness.
Well, our elected legislatures do it, so y'all can rail on about the making of sausage in the capitol, I would rather play golf. It is what it is. However, having said that, Sonhouse may prevail and break down a few barriers. Ooops, should not say break down, he is still smarting over Jan 6. Not very happy.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
45d

@AverageJoe1
You can bet it won't be Trump. My guess is he is libertarian or independent. But he doesn't have to answer to either you or me, it is HIS decision and not yours.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
45d

@sonhouse said
@spruce112358
What do you expect from less than average Joe1?
I guess he didn't know you could click on a name here and see the flag, you OBVIOUSLY are a RUSSIAN plant paid by Putin, right?🙂
Obviously. They have spruces in Russia, right? 🙂