1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 23:502 edits
    "Yesterday, the Biden administration continued their attacks on the private sector option for seniors on Medicare, Medicare Advantage. This is the second cut in two years. This latest round of cuts will cost seniors an extra $33 per month. That’s a $396 per year rate increase for a cohort largely on fixed incomes and still reeling from terrible inflation. Medicare Advantage is so well-liked and so popular, over 50% of seniors – about 33 million – choose it over traditional Medicare. It’s incredible to me the administration is choosing to assault one of the most popular programs for our seniors."

"Heritage Action wrote, “Biden is cutting Medicare Advantage benefits for 33 million Americans—and hoping they don’t notice until after the November election.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/04/03/joe-biden-moves-to-slash-medicare-advantage/
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 00:24
    @mott-the-hoople said
    "Yesterday, the Biden administration continued their attacks on the private sector option for seniors on Medicare, Medicare Advantage. This is the second cut in two years. This latest round of cuts will cost seniors an extra $33 per month. That’s a $396 per year rate increase for a cohort largely on fixed incomes and still reeling from terrible inflation. Medicare Adv ...[text shortened]... . [/b]

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/04/03/joe-biden-moves-to-slash-medicare-advantage/
    Libs don't care about this.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 13:10
    @AverageJoe1
    Yeah, that TERRIBLE inflation of 3 percent. and near a million new jobs. Can't have THAT from a fukking DEMOCRAT can we.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 12:33
    @mott-the-hoople said
    "Yesterday, the Biden administration continued their attacks on the private sector option for seniors on Medicare, Medicare Advantage. This is the second cut in two years. This latest round of cuts will cost seniors an extra $33 per month. That’s a $396 per year rate increase for a cohort largely on fixed incomes and still reeling from terrible inflation. Medicare Adv ...[text shortened]... . [/b]

Finally, some responsible fiscal policy.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 10:58
    @mott-the-hoople said

so he isn't slashing medicare, he is slashing a private sector option of medicare
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 11:001 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    so he isn't slashing medicare, he is slashing a private sector option of medicare
    Exactly.

Republicans spewing misinformation? Who knew?

Everyone knew.
  7. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 12:16
    @sh76 said
    We are going to need deep cuts in Medicare and Medicaid to have any hope of paying off the national debt.

Deregulation of healthcare *might* help, but I think price controls are going to be mandatory at some point. Unfortunate, but I don't see another way. The gouging has just gone too deep.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 12:38
    @sh76 said
    ya think stop giving money to illegals might be a better start?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 12:42
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    Yeah, that TERRIBLE inflation of 3 percent. and near a million new jobs. Can't have THAT from a fukking DEMOCRAT can we.
    What do the job numbers have to do with the cuts in this discussion? Do you have something to say about the topic or do you need to find something else to complain about to cover for this?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 12:43
    @spruce112358 said
    We are going to need deep cuts in Medicare and Medicaid to have any hope of paying off the national debt.

Deregulation of healthcare *might* help, but I think price controls are going to be mandatory at some point. Unfortunate, but I don't see another way. The gouging has just gone too deep.
    leaving all the SSI income the people pay into it alone and not spending it on other things would do it too.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 12:44
    @zahlanzi said
    If you are losing money because of a cut does it stinking matter?
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 12:491 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    The illegals and undocumented may have a claim for some benefit though.

"Agricultural workers in the United States not only support the US economy, but are also responsible for keeping people across the country and the globe fed. The agricultural sector contributed $1.055 trillion to the US GDP in 2020, with $134.7 billion coming just from farms. US agricultural exports were worth $139.6 billion in 2018. The agricultural sector in the United States relies on foreign workers; 86 percent of agricultural workers in the United States are foreign-born and 45 percent of all US agricultural workers are undocumented. Seasonal and agricultural labor demands are also growing in the United States. Requests for the H-2A Temporary Agricultural Worker Program, which brings immigrants from abroad for periods of up to eight months to meet agricultural workforce needs, have more than doubled from 2010 to 2019. The program increased from 79,000 H-2A workers in 2010 to 258,000 in 2019. "

https://cmsny.org/agricultural-workers-rosenbloom-083022/

I don't think illegals are sitting around on their butts waiting for a cheque to roll in.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 13:441 edit
    @kmax87 said
    The illegals and undocumented may have a claim for some benefit though.

"Agricultural workers in the United States not only support the US economy, but are also responsible for keeping people across the country and the globe fed. The agricultural sector contributed $1.055 trillion to the US GDP in 2020, with $134.7 billion coming just from farms. US agricultural exports we ...[text shortened]... 083022/

I don't think illegals are sitting around on their butts waiting for a cheque to roll in.
    Like a drug dealer has a claim?

“Democrat governors and mayors earmarked at least $517 million for the programs, which generally consisted of providing cash payments to individual illegal immigrants. The funding reviewed by Fox News Digital was drawn from the American Rescue Plan (ARP), the $1.9 trillion federal COVID-19 stimulus package President “

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-states-cities-overrun-migrants-funneled-millions-federal-covid-19-aid-support-illegals

“The program, which the mayor's office confirmed will provide migrant families of four with two children under 5 with up to $350 each week until the end of their stay, began with a limited number of families on Monday and will expand to about 115 families, or roughly 460 people, over the next week”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-city-begins-giving-illegal-immigrants-prepaid-debit-cards-part-53-million-pilot-program
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 13:502 edits
    @sh76 said
    Responsible would be that everyone shop around and BUY health insurance coverage. There are many providers to choose from, you can google them. When you reach the age of 65, it is even cheaper. (AARP) But you have to buy it, to be responsible for your own healthcare. The govt is not responsible for my healthcare. I am. So, I plan, and get a policy to take care of me if I get sick.
    Whew. So easy.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 14:50
    @mott-the-hoople said
    The thing about giving money to illegals is that transparency is extremely limited, how much is actually going where they say. If it’s all about giving money to people here without a paper trail of record of birth, historical records of their life so are they all actual people?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree