1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 01:01
    Originally posted by kmax87
    things that are hard to xplain tend to do that...😉
    So all the US has to do to keep the Republic from crumbling is to avoid challengesa abroad and trick people into thinking that the dollar actually has value. Whew, what a relief.

I suppose now we can continue the progressive insanity of living beyond our means so carry on!!
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 01:30
    I realize that this is a beat up the democrats thread, that offers absolutely no substance, just griping (typical right wing shallow, no promise, no future, p*ss on the common man paranoid bs) but the dems agenda is still environmental concentrated solutions, create a realistic immigration policy, conclude Afghanistan among other items.

Now go back to your little pity party.
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 02:32
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I realize that this is a beat up the democrats thread, that offers absolutely no substance, just griping (typical right wing shallow, no promise, no future, p*ss on the common man paranoid bs) but the dems agenda is still environmental concentrated solutions, create a realistic immigration policy, conclude Afghanistan among other items.

"environmental concentrated solutions,"-badmoon

ooh,that sounds good badmoon. almost intellectual. what does that mean exactly?

Cap and tax perhaps?
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 04:16
    Biden has emulated Carter--Carter blamed us for the "malaise" (though he didn't mean to--he just opened his mouth and stupid stuff came out). Same as Biden--he didn't MEAN to call us all a bunch of morons who couldn't follow his explanation of the progress nade bt Democrats--he just left that pie hole open too long and what always happens? He mucks it up. Good job, Joe.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 06:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    So what has Obamacare given us?
    As far as I am aware, most of it has not been implemented yet.

It's really easy to explain actually.

- The US has the most inefficient health care system in the world.

Therefore,

- We should change it.

Of course, Biden doesn't want to say this because saying anything other than "USA #1 yeah!!!" is political suicide.
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 14:40
    So what has Obamacare given us? Is it not a sell out to insurance companies as predicted by its supporters like Congressman Kucinich? What have we attained with the financial reform? Do we not have the same problem which are comapanies that are "too big to fail" and if they do fail they are still free to use the tax payers as ATM's courtesy of their puppe ...[text shortened]... u know, I forgot to include the wars over seas. Why in the #@@@ are we still there? Anyone?
    Do you believe that the Tea Party has offered a serious alternative to Obamacare that will significantly improve the efficiency of the healthcare system, reduce the power held by the insurance industry, and address the needs of everyone who is unable to afford the insurance they need?

Do you believe that the Tea Party has offered an alternative financial reform plan that will truly reduce the likelihood of future financial bubbles and force Wall Street to face the consequences of its reckless actions?

Do you believe that the Tea Party has offered an alternative plan to stimulate the economy and quickly bring us back to "full employment"?

Do you believe that the Tea Party has offered a serious plan for balancing the budget that involves specific cuts to specific programs including Medicare and Social Security.

Do you believe that the Tea Party has offered a specific plan and timetable for wrapping up the wars in Afghanistan and elsewhere and bringing home the troops - while still ensuring that the nation is protected from terrorist threats?

Do you believe that the Tea Party has offered a specific plan to greatly reduce America's reliance on foreign oil and promote renewable energy resources?
  7. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 15:451 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Biden has emulated Carter--Carter blamed us for the "malaise" (though he didn't mean to--he just opened his mouth and stupid stuff came out). Same as Biden--he didn't MEAN to call us all a bunch of morons who couldn't follow his explanation of the progress nade bt Democrats--he just left that pie hole open too long and what always happens? He mucks it up. Good job, Joe.
    I completely agree with you! Biden didn't mean to say that! Though you did draw the correct conclusion for you at least.
  8. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 15:49
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    Do you believe that the Tea Party has offered a serious alternative to Obamacare that will significantly improve the efficiency of the healthcare system, reduce the power held by the insurance industry, and address the needs of everyone who is unable to afford the insurance they need?

Do you believe that the Tea Party has offered an alternative financi ...[text shortened]... n to greatly reduce America's reliance on foreign oil and promote renewable energy resources?
    "No" on all of the above.

They do have some marvelous 30 year-old lies to crap out: "Baby, this time I really mean it! (But I'm still going to try to sleep with your sister.)"
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 16:16
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    "No" on all of the above.

They do have some marvelous 30 year-old lies to crap out: "Baby, this time I really mean it! (But I'm still going to try to sleep with your sister.)"
    but you're not a Tea Party supporter -- I want to know if any of the Tea Party supporters believe that their movement has specific, effective plans for dealing with these important issues.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 17:49
    Originally posted by badmoon

It's not a jab at merely democrats. After all, "W" started the party with his spending and ignoring immigration and passing massive entitlements and wars abroad. Its just a shame that the Democrats are doing the exact same things.

So do you think cap and tax is our salvation environmentally? If that is your main concern you must have a job. If it is a good paying job it isi probably with the government.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 17:52
    [b]Do you believe that the Tea Party has offered a serious alternative to Obamacare that will significantly improve the efficiency of the healthcare system, reduce the power held by the insurance industry, and address the needs of everyone who is unable to afford the insurance they need?
    New ideas? How about not violating the Constitution by requiring us all to purchase health care at rates determined by corporations. Of course, without this provision we all know that Obamacare is dead in the water. Don't you just hate the Constitution!! 😠

See ya all in court!! 😵
  12. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 17:57
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-13/stimulus-traveling-salesman-biden-making-hard-sell-to-middle-class-voters.html

According to Vice President Biden, Democrats are not running on the administrations accomplishments like health care and financial regulatory overhaul and the stimulus package because, "it's just too hard to explain".

Perhaps some of the geniuses on this site can xplain it to my feeble mind.
    Biden was smart enough to not finish his sentence.

"It's too hard to explain....to people like you"
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 17:581 edit

Do you believe that the Tea Party has offered an alternative financi n to greatly reduce America's reliance on foreign oil and promote renewable energy resources?
    The notion that you can make the economy safe and end all risk is absurd.....unless it is state run. Of course, with risk comes growth. Without risk equals no growth. So if you offer a plan to withdraw all risk economically perhaps you would like to live in Cuba.

As for the economy recovering, increasing government red tape and taxes and entitlements is probably not a good way to stimulate the economy.

As for punishing those responsible for the credit crisis, I am all for it. In fact, without it you are only going to encourage such behavoir in the future. So who has been held accountable I wonder? (crickets chirping)

As far as balancing the budget and bringing down debt, we must look at the biggest expenditures and curb them. This includes social security, medicare, defense. There is no way around this fact.

As far as the wars abroad, I not sure what the Tea Parrty has said about it specifically but I get the vibe that it is not that popular. Again, its all part of fiscal sanity to bring the troops home and end the spending.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 18:00
    Originally posted by uzless
    Biden was smart enough to not finish his sentence.

"It's too hard to explain....to people like you"
    Its not just Biden, its everyone who ever voted for these things. Go figure.

I'm just glad we have intellectual giants like Biden at the helm. If they left things to the average Joe people would be dying in the streets!! 😲
  15. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 18:15
    If they left things to the average Joe people would be dying in the streets!!
    finally....you've said something correctly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree