1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    03 Nov '23 11:39
    @suzianne said
    And you call us 'idealists'.

Except your fever dream is far from ideal.
    No, it is not just I that called you an idealist. If you will google, “ conservatives realist, liberals, idealist, “ you will see that it is a given across the world that you are the idealist. So all of your posts in that regard are lsunk.
  2. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    03 Nov '23 13:33
    Even Dems are calling out to impeach Biden now, because they know the evidence is overwhelming and undeniable anymore.
    Not to mention they can't stand the thought of him running again.
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    03 Nov '23 14:131 edit
    @suzianne said
    What pure, unmitigated bullstuff.

50 years of Supreme Courts, mostly conservative, thought it was perfectly constitutional. Dream up another argument. Did you know Johnson has been trying to make birth control illegal?
    So you 'pick', of yesterday's decisions and that of today's court, the one that you like the most. This does not bode well for your reasoning, as the SCOTUS, with more adept minds than those of 50 years ago, labored for many many hours to come to the proper interpretation that they did.
    Are you basing your decision on experience, or emotion, or too many babies,,. how do you arrive at your conclusion, when SCOTUS has studied it much more than you have?
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    03 Nov '23 14:18
    @suzianne said
    And you call us 'idealists'.

Except your fever dream is far from ideal.
    ?? An iudealist is you, just willy nilly say Roe should not be overturned, but you give no reason for your studied decision.
    A Realist, is me, who gives the basis for why I think it should have been overturned.......the basis being supreme court justices behind closed doors.
    Try again, like you and I are chatting at Starbucks and I look quizzically at you while you state your opinions.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Nov '23 17:10
    @AverageJoe1
    You are living in a seriously deluded fantasy world. It WAS an insurrection and everyone but you maybe knows that. People DIED that day, and if they had found Pence they WOULD have hung him.
    If that is not an insurrection I don't know the meaning of the word.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Nov '23 19:03
    @jj-adams said
    Even Dems are calling out to impeach Biden now, because they know the evidence is overwhelming and undeniable anymore.
    Not to mention they can't stand the thought of him running again.
    This is Trump-level lying.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    03 Nov '23 21:581 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    You are living in a seriously deluded fantasy world. It WAS an insurrection and everyone but you maybe knows that. People DIED that day, and if they had found Pence they WOULD have hung him.
    If that is not an insurrection I don't know the meaning of the word.
    Seriously, please then tell us why Trump has not been charged with insurrection .let’s say we both think he is guilty of insurrection .
    Why no charge?
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    03 Nov '23 22:05
    @averagejoe1 said
    ?? An iudealist is you, just willy nilly say Roe should not be overturned, but you give no reason for your studied decision.
    A Realist, is me, who gives the basis for why I think it should have been overturned.......the basis being supreme court justices behind closed doors.
    Try again, like you and I are chatting at Starbucks and I look quizzically at you while you state your opinions.
    Why does Suzianne not respond to my post, this post. I always respond to hers.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Nov '23 05:22
    @averagejoe1 said
    Why does Suzianne not respond to my post, this post. I always respond to hers.
    As I SAID, 50 years of SCs, mostly Republicans, thought R v W was perfectly constitutional. It's today's court, responding to Trump's idiotic, obsessive base, who thinks the majority wanted it overturned, who is flat-out wrong about it.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    04 Nov '23 11:44
    @suzianne said
    As I SAID, 50 years of SCs, mostly Republicans, thought R v W was perfectly constitutional. It's today's court, responding to Trump's idiotic, obsessive base, who thinks the majority wanted it overturned, who is flat-out wrong about it.
    The SCOTUS, which knows more about law and the Constitution than we know, studied and labored over its meaning, and decided that Roe vs Wade should be overturned. Theoretically, you actually think that you could have sat in on their deliberations and lent deeper thought to the conversations, and changed their minds as regards the Constitution. Your basis would be 'what most people think'.
    Could you give us the legal reasoning that you would present, ....not what most people think? Could be a nice specific issue, and one that 'the majority* of the Forum' would like.

*Please avoid use of the word majority, it smacks of mobs. Creeeeepy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree