1. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 06:53
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    How the hell am I supposed to know that?

To deny global warming (which is proven) is madness.

To think that the ever-increasing human population isn’t influencing it is stupidity.

Think.
    I have never denied climate change. It has always changed, but surely you can see we need to know the purported effect of man. So to know this we need to know what it is, and what it would be without man.

You constantly whine about the effect. What is the effect? Quantify it.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 06:55
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    I have never denied climate change. It has always changed, but surely you can see we need to know the purported effect of man. So to know this we need to know what it is, and what it would be without man.

You constantly whine about the effect. What is the effect? Quantify it.
    If you are interested in man's effect on the climate, try reading more here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 07:01
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    If you are interested in man's effect on the climate, try reading more here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
    What is the temp now?

What should it be?

You floated the idea the temp should actually be going down if not for man. Who would that be good for if there were no humans?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 07:03
    What is the temp now?

What should it be?

You floated the idea the temp should actually be going down if not for man. Who would that be good for if there were no humans?
    Global temperatures are a bit higher than they would have been without man's influence. Read the article for details.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 07:08
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Global temperatures are a bit higher than they would have been without man's influence. Read the article for details.
    A bit doesn't sound like a lot.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 10:41
    A butterfly flapping its wings isn't a lot.

Google "tipping point".
    Read "Chaos Theory". (James Glieck)
    Ask a grown-up.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 10:42
    Originally posted by @suzianne to @wajoma
    Oh, because I exposed YOU for the liar you are, too?

Go pound sand, Neanderthal.
    Not fair.
    Neanderthal genes are of some use.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 10:531 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    A butterfly flapping its wings isn't a lot.

Google "tipping point".
    Read "Chaos Theory". (James Glieck)
    Ask a grown-up.
    shav harps about it, I was trying to get a grasp on what his knowledge of it is, seems he knows about as much as you.

Don't forget to book your ticket to the Maldives last chance to see them, they have been predicted to be under water in a matter of weeks.

Actually they have shifted their focus from being climate change victims to promoting tourism again. Bravo for them. Maybe the bottom is dropping out of the dooms day prophecy business, you should get onboard.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 11:26
    shav harps about it, I was trying to get a grasp on what his knowledge of it is, seems he knows about as much as you.

Don't forget to book your ticket to the Maldives last chance to see them, they have been predicted to be under water in a matter of weeks.

Actually they have shifted their focus from being climate change victims to promoting tourism ag ...[text shortened]... he bottom is dropping out of the dooms day [sic] prophecy business, you should get onboard[sic].
    I was trying to get a grasp on your knowledge.
    Seems very little.

Hadn't heard about the Maldives disappearing, perhaps you can give me a link?

btw:
    doomsday is one word ... else it makes little sense.
    on board should be two words (in the sense you are using it).

More FREE education for you.
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 11:31

Seems very little.

Never said otherwise, its' why I was asking.

wolfgang logic 🙄
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 11:591 edit
    Never said otherwise, its'[sic] why I was asking.

wolfgang logic 🙄
    Context.
    "Seems very little" was a comment on your
    knowledge as anyone reading the thread will discern.

btw:
    The apostrophe goes between "it" and "s" to denote the missing "i".
    MORE FREE EDUCATION.
  12. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 12:22
    Context.
    "Seems very little" was a comment on your
    knowledge as anyone reading the thread will discern.

btw:
    The apostrophe goes between "it" and "s" to denote the missing "i".
    MORE FREE EDUCATION.
    Yeah but I's denoting ownership with the apostophe outside
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 14:23
    Wikipedia, the new scientist, the BBC, Australian bureau of meteorology, “Contribution of anthropogenic warming to California drought during 2012–2014": Geophysical Research Letters.

Etc.

There’s tons of research proving proving that humans influence global warming and that the severity of the droughts are influenced by global warming and human beha ...[text shortened]... ssue of global warming). There’s too many people living there for the available water resources.
    "Contribution of anthropogenic warming to California drought during 2012–2014"

Here is the first paragraph of that article:

"A lot of people think that the amount of rain that falls out the sky is the only thing that matters," said lead author A. Park Williams, a bioclimatologist at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory. "But warming changes the baseline amount of water that's available to us, because it sends water back into the sky."

A. Park Williams is an idiot. The amount of warming is very small, too small to overcome the increased rainfall. The assertion that the opposite is true is absolutely ridiculous.

Here is another excerpt from that article:

"But average temperatures have been creeping up--about 2.5 degrees Fahrenheit over the 114-year period"

That means that the average temp increase in 10 years is less than .25 degrees Fahrenheit and less than .025 degrees per year on average.
    That is not enough to make much of a difference at all. This is about as laughable as the claim heat strokes will increase because of GW. Nobody can even notice a temp difference of such small increases, yet alarmists use these illogical arguments to convince people the sky is falling.

El NIno and past forest mismanagement is the reason for the California drought. Alarmists just like to associate any weather pattern with GW. At one time the water levels of the great lakes were low and when I mentioned it to sonhouse he quickly found an article blaming it on global warming. Water levels have since came back up and it is no longer a concern.

You can even find articles blaming GW on earthquakes. It is becoming so ridiculous I have to laugh at the idiocy.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 14:27
    How the hell am I supposed to know that?

To deny global warming (which is proven) is madness.

To think that the ever-increasing human population isn’t influencing it is stupidity.

Think.
    There is global warming, but it is mostly from natural causes. I don't deny a man made influence, but it is negligible. The assertion that man's influence is more than that is stupidity.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 14:34
    Well, if average temperatures would have been 100 degrees higher we'd all be dead.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree