1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 00:36
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_temperature_record
    Learn the difference between weather and climate and get back to me.
  2. Standard membergumbie
    The man himself
    Totally lost
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 01:14
    Forest fires have been a natural phenomenon in history. They are a part of the carbon cycle.

Humans cause there to be more fires now but the total area burnt is lower because humans also work to put them out.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 01:22
    Originally posted by @gumbie
    Forest fires have been a natural phenomenon in history. They are a part of the carbon cycle.

Humans cause there to be more fires now but the total area burnt is lower because humans also work to put them out.
    It depends where the fire starts. Some fires are so far from sight it takes time to know there is a fire at all, then it takes more time to get to it.
    Some tree species depend on forest fires for reproduction. The DNR does controlled burning of forest areas here in MI.
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 01:28
    Tin-foil hat wearing progressives™ hate carbon dioxide and anyone responsible for emitting carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide keeps our forests alive. Obviously, progressives™ hate forests.

The logical conclusion is, any arsonist that starts a forest fire is most likely a progressive™ democrat. Own it.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 01:57
    Originally posted by @gumbie

There ain't no "cycle" here.

http://www.planetforlife.com/co2history/index.html
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 01:58
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Learn the difference between weather and climate and get back to me.
    Weather is over a short period of time and is localized. Global temperatures over decades ain't weather.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 03:21
    According to King, the Fort McMurray fire was so severe thanks to “the effects of El Nino and historic forest management decisions.”

One summer is NOT evidence it is caused by global warming. Learn the difference between weather and climate and get back to me.
    You so know that California and Australia are both becoming increasingly drier?
    Year after year.. not just one year.

I reckon it’s caused by surfer babes in bikinis.
  8. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 03:58
    Originally posted by @shavixmir

California is uninhabitable. What, with all the liberals concentrated there and all. The harsh weather just makes it worse.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 07:36
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    California is uninhabitable. What, with all the liberals concentrated there and all. The harsh weather just makes it worse.
    You've clearly never been to Venice Beach.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 10:41
    Forest fires are caused by a lot of different things, mostly from lightning and careless people who play with fire. Despite the known causes of forest fires there are lots of very stupid people who blame it on global warming.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/03/160308105625.htm

Global warming leads to a general increase in rainfall. The assertion that a warmer planet leads to more droughts is false. It is a myth.
    For future reference, here is a comprehensive list of things caused by global warming.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/globalwarming2.html

😵
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 12:35
    Weather is over a short period of time and is localized. Global temperatures over decades ain't weather.
    Good. Now you know one summer is weather. It was a dry summer and that was weather, not climate.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 12:36
    Originally posted by @shavixmir

What is your source of information?
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 15:591 edit
    Good. Now you know one summer is weather. It was a dry summer and that was weather, not climate.
    I posted a table with decades of global temperature information you pendejo
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 16:01
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Good. Tell all your friends. We don’t want you.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '18 11:28
    I posted a table with decades of global temperature information you pendejo
    You said this:

"You so know that California and Australia are both becoming increasingly drier?"

Since you will not give your source of info you must have made the whole thing up. Lie much?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree