1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 00:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    One thing in Manning's favor: None of the documents revealed were higher than mere secret. Manning was sentenced to far more time than anyone else for that level of treason. And the Duchess is right, if she can find another place to live, it would be in her best interest. She doesn't get out till May 17th.
    Can probably live in Canada.
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 00:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Self identification is not enough for people. One could for example make the argument that self identification may be a kind of self delusion, that one has convinced oneself that a determinism exists, that genetics have acted as a causation, all kinds of things and by contrast human physiology is very real. I am not arguing that Manning has no righ ...[text shortened]... elf identification is not enough for some people and some other compelling reason must be found.
    Either way, it's their call, not yours.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 00:26
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Continued:

documents ended in 2009, just before the president set a new policy in the war; and claimed that the whole episode was suspect because WikiLeaks was against the war. Still, it was hard to dismiss official internal memos such as: “The general view of Afghans is that current gov’t is worse than the Taliban.

Among the revelations that gai ...[text shortened]... day in prison would have been more appropriate than a commutation after 7 years in custody IMO.
    Agreed
  4. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 00:55
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I agree, but I'm just glad she's getting out. Some of her guards have been borderline sadistic.
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 00:56
    I have not stated that my religion can decide anything for anyone except for me and infact I have consistently stated on these forums that people are free moral agents. What I am trying to get you to understand although you seem rather unwilling is that if you want people to be more accepting of people like Manning you have to have something more su ...[text shortened]... m bothered though by a lack of reason as to why people should be more accepting of transgenders.
    Lack of reason? I can think of a number of reasons, but how about starting with reason number one:

"I don't want to be a d----k"
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 00:59
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Along with Willie McCovey, my favorite baseball player when I was a child.

Expect lots of whining about the Manning commutation. Expect it to bring out the transphobia for awhile.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us/politics/obama-commutes-bulk-of-chelsea-mannings-sentence.html?_r=0
    Why would anyone be surprised? Obama married a guy who pretends to be a woman, he likes that type. Right up his alley.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 02:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 02:56
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Good question, so I looked it up. Apparently she can go to just about any country which is not English language. However, not many English speaking countries will take her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_that_regulate_the_immigration_of_felons

So if she wants to live in an country where English is the majority first language, she's limited to Ireland, Belize, Liberia, and some Caribbean countries.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 03:072 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 04:061 edit
    I have not stated that my religion can decide anything for anyone except for me and infact I have consistently stated on these forums that people are free moral agents. What I am trying to get you to understand although you seem rather unwilling is that if you want people to be more accepting of people like Manning you have to have something more su ...[text shortened]... m bothered though by a lack of reason as to why people should be more accepting of transgenders.
    I am bothered though by a lack of reason as to why people should be more accepting of transgenders..

Over the years, RC has often exhibited his homophobia. That he also exhibits transphobia comes as no surprise to anyone who has read his posts over the years.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 07:223 edits
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Lack of reason? I can think of a number of reasons, but how about starting with reason number one:

"I don't want to be a d----k"
    I suspect like many people you have never really thought about it and that is why we are treated to these rather insipid platitudes, 'mind your own business', 'I don't want to be a d__k' and a plethora of other nonsensical, bumper sticker, rainbow flag waving, empty rhetoric. If you don't have a valid reason just say so but please spare us the amateur dramatics. The liberal strategy of 'shame and malign', anyone who does not conform to your way of thinking or who demands a reason from you is just so last year, its not working for you any more because its transparent and plastic. I suggest that you put a little more effort into your attempts to convince those who do not share your perspective.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 07:31
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Why would anyone be surprised? Obama married a guy who pretends to be a woman, he likes that type. Right up his alley.
    Yeah, she even "pretended" to give birth to two daughters.

Do people who spout such nonsense even realize how stupid it makes them look?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 07:325 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b] I am bothered though by a lack of reason as to why people should be more accepting of transgenders..

Over the years, RC has often exhibited his homophobia. That he also exhibits transphobia comes as no surprise to anyone who has read his posts over the years.[/b]
    This is simply a rather predictable appeal to personal consideration rather than attacking the substance of the post. How banal. I have appealed to and asked for a reason, if you don't have one just say so but simply telling others that they are homophobiac or transphobiac or attempting to malign them with any other debilitating mental ailment simply because they have asked for a reason is not working for you. Its nothing more than bumper sticker, rainbow flag waving, intellectually lazy, impuissant empty rhetoric. I repeat if you do not have a valid reason just say so or at very least put a little more effort into attempting to provide one.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 07:59
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Yeah, she even "pretended" to give birth to two daughters.

Do people who spout such nonsense even realize how stupid it makes them look?
    Did she give birth to them?
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 09:37
    When you say: "Bothered by a lack of reason as to why people should be more accepting of transgenders.". What do you mean? Do you mean that once people have decided to go down that route people should not be able to avoid them, should not be able to force them out of their homes or deny them employment, or are you referring to the availability of the procedure?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree