This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 07:01
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I’m sure the second coming of Christ had something to do with it (Christian zionism).
  3. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 10:322 edits
    Perhaps the word "liberalism" should have been substituted for "democracy" in the title? Some champions of the old (British-ruled) Hong Kong have celebrated it as a "liberal autocracy", i.e., a state where a non-democratic administration protected basic human rights. Some have argued that "liberal autocracy" is to be preferred to "illiberal democracy".

Fareed Zakaria: "Until 1991, [Hong Kong] had never held a meaningful election, but its government epitomized constitutional liberalism, protecting its citizens' basic rights and administering a fair court system and bureaucracy. A September 8, 1997 editorial in the Washington Post was titled ominously, 'Undoing Hong Kong's Democracy'. Actually, Hong Kong has precious little democracy to undo; what it has is a framework of rights and laws."
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 11:311 edit

5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 13:24
    It's a fock of a lot better than Chinese Communist Racist Slavery rule over Hong Kong
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 13:26
    @Duchess64 - The real issue is that the USA fears China becoming stronger and will do about anything to stop it.

You may be right about American motive. But, all that means is that the US is right for the wrong reason.

They are still right.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 13:30
    @Duchess64 - When Mao Zedong died (1976), how many Westerners could have predicted that
    'Red China' would unleash (largely unregulated) capitalism? None.

Certainly not me. Strange world.
  8. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 13:46
    I wonder why you impute to me views that I explicitly attributed to "some champions of the old (British-ruled) Hong Kong" and to a specific, named writer?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 17:471 edit

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 18:161 edit

11. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 23:28
    @shavixmir said
    I’m sure the second coming of Christ had something to do with it (Christian zionism).
    I think it has more to do with the funding of specifically zionist Protestant preachers like Scofield.

Not even all Protestants buy into this -- it's really just problematic among evangelical Christians who have been groomed and are now actively maintained by Zionist interests & self-policing.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 23:421 edit

13. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 07:23
    I have a question:

Can all Jewish settlers be racist, or can only Ashkenazi Jewish settlers be racist?

Honestly, this would be a very pressing question if you bought into these racialized politics, IMO.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 07:35

15. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 07:37
    Earlier today, you talked about how some groups can be racist, while others have racial prejudice.

Note that Duchess64 is willing to use the adjective 'racist' both broadly (to refer to any racial prejudice against an out-group) and also more narrowly, in which case racism can only refer to an empowered group displaying racial prejudice. Also, note that Duchess64 thinks that racial identities sometimes are just a technical quibble when this can be a major barrier for Jews of non-Ashkenazi descent.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree