Clarence Thomas:

Clarence Thomas: "Reconsider" Gay Marriage

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
24 Jun 22

@suzianne said
While he's at it, maybe he'll stop Corporate Welfare that we all pay for, too.

Hahahahahaha... yeah, right.
I dont get the joke?

Über-Nerd

Moves
24 Jun 22
2 edits

@no1marauder said
Not much of a surprise; he dissented in the last two and it's hard to see how Griswold could survive the analysis adopted in Dobbs today.
Loving vs. Virginia will be next, and it's back to the Dark Ages.

It's a staggeringly stupid decision, regardless where one stands on the abortion issue, which sets a momentous precedent: it means that precedent means nothing anymore, any future court can simply undo whatever this court does. The justices made a politically expedient decision and didn't think it through.

Moves
25 Jun 22

@suzianne said
Special consideration not necessary. Just equal treatment under the law.
SPECIAL treatment

Lake Como

Moves
25 Jun 22

@suzianne said
It's cheaper than the state raising unwanted children, which is a direct result of abolishing Roe v. Wade. I figured you would be all for universal contraception, you know, since you are SO concerned about "the babies".
You are right. With the oncoming cultural differences, put me down now as paying for your contraceptives. Sounds familiar...."Gimme It!! Free Stuf!" But will you stop with that Suzy, or are you libs just getting started? You and I both know you lose in November, .....ahhhh, but we both know also that your cultural grab will succeed in the end. You would HATE what I am advising my children and grandchildren every chance I get. BTW, they will be fine, I will set them up on the hill. But I fear your grandkids will eat their grandkids alive. Rats, in the end, it will by MY hard-earned money that you convert to your prooooogggraaaamms. Brrrrr.

Moves
25 Jun 22

@averagejoe1 said
You are right. With the oncoming cultural differences, put me down now as paying for your contraceptives. Sounds familiar...."Gimme It!! Free Stuf!" But will you stop with that Suzy, or are you libs just getting started? You and I both know you lose in November, .....ahhhh, but we both know also that your cultural grab will succeed in the end. You would HATE wh ...[text shortened]... s, in the end, it will by MY hard-earned money that you convert to your prooooogggraaaamms. Brrrrr.
Who said you gotta' pay for em'?
Just don't make them illegal.....,You know, small government.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
25 Jun 22

@suzianne said
Congratulations.

You are this close to realizing that people have Natural Rights.

It might be awhile though, before you understand "equal treatment under the law".
..|..

All you have is lies and spam

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
25 Jun 22

Well, it’s very clear what has to happen.
6 conservative judges have to be hanged, drawn and quartered. Or just killed… whatever…

Then Biden can appoint 6 new ones. And put the middle-ages behind America.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Jun 22

@mott-the-hoople said
SPECIAL treatment
Hey, if YOU want to treat them special, be my guest. But all they're asking for is "EQUAL treatment under the law".

Lake Como

Moves
25 Jun 22

@suzianne said
Hey, if YOU want to treat them special, be my guest. But all they're asking for is "EQUAL treatment under the law".
Remember, though, that the definition of 'equal' or 'equitable' has a different definition in the lib world. Even the Vice President stated that our society should make it so that at the end of the day, everyone end up in the same place. In the logical, rational comment sense world of conservatives, everyone is equal at birth, and all race each other to the end. In commerce, for one guy to make a dollar, another has to pay him that dollar. So, off goes the guy with the dollar to make it grow to $2. Logic, rationale, common sense. There is simply no equality in that regard, Suzianne. There is a guy re-roofing my house today while I take my child to the beach. That is not equal.
Yes, you wrote above, equal 'under the law', but I took the opportunity to keep you rational. Everyone IS equal under the law, the same laws apply to everyone.
I now invite you to see page 5 of Handmaid's Tale thread, where I post more rationale, about ECollege.

rain

Moves
25 Jun 22
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said
Remember, though, that the definition of 'equal' or 'equitable' has a different definition in the lib world. Even the Vice President stated that our society should make it so that at the end of the day, everyone end up in the same place. In the logical, rational comment sense world of conservatives, everyone is equal at birth, and all race each other to the end. In comme ...[text shortened]... now invite you to see page 5 of Handmaid's Tale thread, where I post more rationale, about ECollege.
This has nothing to do with anything. A Supreme Court judge wants to deny gays the right to marry or to even have relationships, which would be a gross violation of civil rights.

Moves
25 Jun 22

@jimm619 said
Who said you gotta' pay for em'?
Just don't make them illegal.....,You know, small government.
no one made ANYTHING illegal…stop lying

Moves
25 Jun 22

@vivify said
This has nothing to do with anything. A Supreme Court judge wants to deny gays the right to marry or to even have relationships, which would be a gross violation of civil rights.
No he doesnt want to make it illegal…stop your lying

Thomas simply commented that what it is ruled on is UNCONSTITUTIONAL…substantive due process…its simply not in the constitution

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Jun 22

@Mott-The-Hoople
Something you can ONLY do.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Jun 22

@Mott-The-Hoople
So ANYTHING not in the constitution is up for grabs as far as that evil cabal of ultrarightwingers on SCOTUS, the decisions they are after have nothing to do with law OR the constitution, just out in the open religious right wing politics which is EXACTLY what this latest attack on women's rights are and that is only the beginning and you and the rest of the zombie crowd are too STUPID to see that, or on the other hand, completely agree with the idea we should go back to the 19th century version of morals.
AND you and the rest of the zombies could care less that 70% of Americans don't WANT these rulings changed, Roe V Wade has been around for 50 years and even REPUBLICANS have supported it but now the religious ultrarightwingnuts have succeeded in taking over the US.

Another issue is how we are perceived overseas, our reputation as a nation just took a major dump on the world stage but of course you and all the rest of your zombie crowd could care less about that also.

Moves
25 Jun 22
1 edit

@sonhouse said
@Mott-The-Hoople
So ANYTHING not in the constitution is up for grabs as far as that evil cabal of ultrarightwingers on SCOTUS, the decisions they are after have nothing to do with law OR the constitution, just out in the open religious right wing politics which is EXACTLY what this latest attack on women's rights are and that is only the beginning and you and the rest of th ...[text shortened]... world stage but of course you and all the rest of your zombie crowd could care less about that also.
"So ANYTHING not in the constitution is up for grabs as far as that evil cabal of ultrarightwingers on SCOTUS,"

Yes you dumbass, if it is NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION, the 10th amendment clearly gives those rights to the STATES

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."