Clarence Thomas:

Clarence Thomas: "Reconsider" Gay Marriage

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Jun 22

@Mott-The-Hoople
Oh, I am SO hurt. I have to go back and take my meds now.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Jun 22

@mott-the-hoople said
umm, yes they can. states can make laws as they please as ling as they dont violate laws laid out in the US constitution
That's not what the Ninth Amendment says, Mott. It says you have rights besides the ones enumerated in the Constitution. And the 14th Amendment says:

"No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Moves
25 Jun 22

Hmm, not sure about this but I don't think there is any explicit right to any kind of marriage in the Constitution.

So let's nullify all marriages and make everyone redo their tax returns.

Moves
25 Jun 22

@moonbus said
Loving vs. Virginia will be next, and it's back to the Dark Ages.

It's a staggeringly stupid decision, regardless where one stands on the abortion issue, which sets a momentous precedent: it means that precedent means nothing anymore, any future court can simply undo whatever this court does. The justices made a politically expedient decision and didn't think it through.
I bet SNL will do a broadway tune, "Farewell, Stare Decisis."

Hoping that one or more of the recent SCOTUS additions slipped up while applying for the job, so they can be charged with contempt of Congress.

Moves
25 Jun 22

@sonhouse said
@Mott-The-Hoople
You are REALLY dense. He just SAID that. You prove you have limited powers to understand what is typed. Learn to read.
better read it again dumbass

rain

Moves
25 Jun 22

@mott-the-hoople said
dumbass…” right to bear arms” plural, no limitations…the RIGHT to bear arms
Fine, every type if gun can be banned according to your logic except two.

See how dumb your thought process is?

Moves
26 Jun 22

@vivify said
Fine, every type if gun can be banned according to your logic except two.

See how dumb your thought process is?
I see how dumb you are

Moves
26 Jun 22

@mott-the-hoople said
I see how dumb you are
Have you ever considered writing longer utterances with some punctuation and maybe a legal phrase or at least a twenty-dollar word tossed in now and then?