1. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    31 Jan '23 23:13
    @kevcvs57 said
    Care to name one math text book with either of those examples in them or are you just whistling Dixie in the dark again.
    One of your friends already posted examples of them try to keep up.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '23 23:20
    @soothfast said
    Yes, I'm sure it does.

I do object to anything political being slipped into mathematics textbooks on subjects as prosaic as arithmetic and algebra. The foremost problem is that it muddies the waters so as to make it harder to actually learn the subject.

When it comes to mathematics I'm about as right-wing a bastard as you'll ever find. The subject must remain pure, or else the structure and logic can be lost.
    ⬆️ That is how a Democrat is supposed to be ⬆️
  3. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    31 Jan '23 23:25
    @soothfast said
    Yes, I'm sure it does.

I do object to anything political being slipped into mathematics textbooks on subjects as prosaic as arithmetic and algebra. The foremost problem is that it muddies the waters so as to make it harder to actually learn the subject.

When it comes to mathematics I'm about as right-wing a bastard as you'll ever find. The subject must remain pure, or else the structure and logic can be lost.
    THANK YOU!
    Libbies want to politicize and inject race into everything.
    They suck for doing it.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 02:02
    @soothfast said
    Yes, I'm sure it does.

I’m sure anything added to mathS books is to make them less boring.

😎
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 02:30
    @shavixmir said
    I’m sure anything added to mathS books is to make them less boring.

😎
    Say Maths class ten times fast!!

It's grammatically retarded!!
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 02:43
    @jj-adams said
    Unbelievable garbage:
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/vanderbilt-professor-says-math-education-200027972.html
    Needless to say, he didn't say "math was racist".
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 04:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 04:091 edit
    I have absolutely no idea why that post was removed. I'll repeat the gist of it:

While the right wing propaganda machine wants to insinuate to the usual gullible suspects that this is an example of CRT and "Bill has two mommies" being slipped into first grade times tables lessons, it's actually research into possible bias against certain groups of minority students effecting student achievement at the STEM University level.

It was presented at an academic conference, not at a kindergarten recess. https://meetings.ams.org/math/jmm2023/meetingapp.cgi/Paper/16248
  9. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 05:244 edits
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you create your own facts? if it wasnt for lies you folks couldnt talk

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/florida-gives-examples-after-math-books-rejected-for-crt-other-issues/2742102/
    There's no CRT in any of these books.

I was replying to a post implying that 54 textbooks banned from Florida schools had CRT, leftist garbage in them. These examples you provide (which are most certainly the best examples the gov't could come up with) are extremely benign graphs representing public surveys. They do not in any way justify government-initiated book bans. This stuff was in textbooks 30 years ago. I don't understand how and why you are so trusting of government that you believe they are banning books with good intentions for the citizens.

On the one hand, you have politicians banning books, and on the other its one looney professor with no authority over anything spouting nonsense. Somehow we're deciding to be outraged by the latter?

Get the government out of this carp.
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 05:29
    @jj-adams said
    Nope.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 09:17
    @soothfast said
    Yes, I'm sure it does.

I just cannot imagine how you would do that, what would that look like.
    “If you had 15 slaves but you lynched two of them and worked three to death how many slaves do you now have”
    It’s the politicisation of math by right wing culture warriors that is going to destroy its innate purity.
  12. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 10:56
    @kevcvs57 said
    I just cannot imagine how you would do that, what would that look like.
    “If you had 15 slaves but you lynched two of them and worked three to death how many slaves do you now have”
    It’s the politicisation of math by right wing culture warriors that is going to destroy its innate purity.
    Stupid and completely untrue analogy.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 11:28
    @jj-adams said
    Stupid and completely untrue analogy.
    Hahaha Jesus H Christ you is sooo stupid
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 13:33
    @jj-adams said
    I’ve checked and your lying again, it’s pathological with you isn’t it
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 17:581 edit
    @jj-adams said
    THANK YOU!
    Libbies want to politicize and inject race into everything.
    They suck for doing it.
    Libbies want to politicize? The entire act of government banning 41% if the math books in Florida "because of crt" was pure performance art and theater. There was zero substance to it. A chart of a public survey, with a question about statistics? That's enough to trigger a book being banned from schools?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree