College Professor Says Math Is Racist, Anti-Gay, etc

College Professor Says Math Is Racist, Anti-Gay, etc

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
02 Feb 23

@soothfast said
There is no credible evidence that I'm aware of that any one race is more intelligent than another. But there is no point in discussing the issue with you, because your mind is made up. Having clearly never bothered to cultivate your own intellect, thinking of yourself as a member of the "master race" is too important to your self-esteem to entertain other ideas.
"There is no credible evidence that I'm aware of that any one race is more intelligent than another.'

Is there any "credible" evidence that all races are equal that you are aware of?

Planet Rain

Moves
02 Feb 23

@mott-the-hoople said
"There is no credible evidence that I'm aware of that any one race is more intelligent than another.'

Is there any "credible" evidence that all races are equal that you are aware of?
Make your own thread about it, Spanky, and have a Heil Hitlering good time with it.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Feb 23

@mott-the-hoople said

Try reading Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel" if you think the relative positions of "races" in the modern world reflect innate differences of ability in the "races".

Moves
02 Feb 23

@soothfast said
Make your own thread about it, Spanky, and have a Heil Hitlering good time with it.
I was just showing you reasoning was meritless...no need to show your true colors (pun intended)

Moves
02 Feb 23

@no1marauder said
Try reading Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel" if you think the relative positions of "races" in the modern world reflect innate differences of ability in the "races".
you are giving me advice on races? LOL...thats cute...race denier!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Feb 23

@mott-the-hoople said
you are giving me advice on races? LOL...thats cute...race denier!
I'm giving you advice on how not to be an ignorant idiot though it obviously too late.

Moves
02 Feb 23

@no1marauder said
I'm giving you advice on how not to be an ignorant idiot though it obviously too late.
that is even more ironic

Planet Rain

Moves
02 Feb 23

@mott-the-hoople said
that is even more ironic
Why don't you just read the book?

Moves
02 Feb 23

@soothfast said
Why don't you just read the book?
why dont you read all the studies showing the abilities in the different races?

Planet Rain

Moves
02 Feb 23

@mott-the-hoople said
Such studies fail to control for the innumerable confounding variables arising from cultural differences, socioeconomic status, geography, historical experiences, linguistic influences, and so on. The IQ tests, themselves, have demonstrated a racial bias deriving from the selfsame variables. Bias is the most difficult thing to control for in any statistical analysis. Even experiments on mice have been recently discovered to be bedeviled by significant biases tracing back to which supplier the mice came from.

I can't claim to fully understand why anyone (like you) would subscribe to such boneheaded tribalism, given the complete failure of experimentalists to produce a study demonstrating the inferiority of any one race that stands up to peer review and can be replicated. Frankly it's just depressing to ponder, and during my more charitable moods I can only find it within myself to pity you.

Planet Rain

Moves
02 Feb 23
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said
Addendum: studies of the brain structures of different ethnicities seem to always fail the Bonferroni correction. I throw this in to convey an inkling of the extreme difficulties in nailing down what appear to be at best extremely miniscule differences in the brain. The Bonferroni correction, to be clear, concludes that any purported differences are statistically insignificant, and that's despite all the confounding variables I listed in my previous post. What's worse for your case (i.e. that some races are genetically inferior mentally) is that there are likely many more confounding variables that are as yet unknown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonferroni_correction

Moves
03 Feb 23

@soothfast said
Addendum: studies of the brain structures of different ethnicities seem to always fail the Bonferroni correction. I throw this in to convey an inkling of the extreme difficulties in nailing down what appear to be at best extremely miniscule differences in the brain. The Bonferroni correction, to be clear, concludes that any purported differences are statistically insigni ...[text shortened]... onfounding variables that are as yet unknown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonferroni_correction
so you nailed the all time puzzle, bonferoni got it figured out.

You know you could always do as I do and open your eyes. You are making a decision based on emotion…not a wise choice.

Planet Rain

Moves
03 Feb 23

@mott-the-hoople said
so you nailed the all time puzzle, bonferoni got it figured out.

You know you could always do as I do and open your eyes. You are making a decision based on emotion…not a wise choice.
You are by no stretch the paragon of dispassionate discourse here, and I'm confident my choice to not be a racist as​shole is the correct one.

Moves
03 Feb 23

@soothfast said
You are by no stretch the paragon of dispassionate discourse here, and I'm confident my choice to not be a racist as​shole is the correct one.
yeah I see you speaking up all the time when those white cracker comments come out.

You are not fooling anyone.

on a side note…what would you libs do without the word racist?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Feb 23

@mott-the-hoople said
yeah I see you speaking up all the time when those white cracker comments come out.

You are not fooling anyone.

on a side note…what would you libs do without the word racist?
Thankfully the word exists so we can describe someone who stupidly believes that "races" are superior/inferior to other "races".