1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 16:35
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    MSNBC does a pretty good job with it's Morning Joe show -- The main voice is actually very conservative (Joe Scarborough) but others on the show offer other viewpoints.

Scarborough is clearly conservative, and he feels that much of Obama's domestic agenda is "radical". But he expresses his views in a dignified, intelligent way. I disagree with many of ...[text shortened]... ns but I respect everything that he says. The GOP would do very well to tap him as a leader.
    He was elected to Congress from Florida as part of the Gingrich revolution. I read his book, though I'm drawing a blank on the name of it right now. He seems to have been let down by what the GOP did after taking power in 1994 as much as anyone.

Scarborough has never struck me as much of an intellectual, but he is calm, dignified and generally honest- all things that most political talking heads are not.
  2. cube# 6484
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 18:22
    Originally posted by Barts
    And a bit as an open question to everyone here, how is finding reports and data that support my theory evidence of me not thinking for myself ?
    Because you are using the opinions of others to support YOUR argument. Why don't you spend a week watching Fox News and then form your own opinions based on specific examples YOU saw first hand....
  3. cube# 6484
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 18:31
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Ok, I'll post it again, since you ignored it before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_bias

there you go.

From the wikipedia page:

"Glenn Beck, the host of an eponymous afternoon commentary show, has used rhetoric on his program that critics claim is over-the-top and extreme. In early 2009, Beck -- who had previously hosted a show on ...[text shortened]... rries a negative connotation."

so, what do you think?
    Why are you posting this propaganda? It quotes olberman/media matters..2 of the most vile and extreme left wingers/sites there is. That is a great example of the msnbc ilk that would draw a correlation between a murderer and Beck. As far a colmes, he said he left on his own account, but I much prefered hannity and colmes to just hannity which i won't watch. I hate hannity. as far as anything stuart smalley/franken says, it's irrelevan because of how far left he is, not to mention he's a flat out liar.
    And John Moody crap? I really don't see anything in the text you put forth that is that bad. Since every other media outlet was characterizing the military, iraq war, and pro-lifers in the most negative way possible there needed to be someone that would characterize these thing in a more honest light. what's wrong with putting abu ghraib in context (not saying its ok, PUTTING IT IN CONTEXT), be positive about pro life (since msnbc is negative about them), etc. What is wrong with that?
    Sorry but i fail to see the relevance of this entire wiki article that appears to of been put forth by someone else with a left agenda. I mean who else would put forth info on "fox_news_bias" but someone who wanted to hurt Fox News.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 18:58
    Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
    as far as anything stuart smalley/franken says, it's irrelevan because of how far left he is
    lol

PS: Democrats are not "left".
  5. cube# 6484
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 19:01
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    lol

PS: Democrats are not "left".
    really? So on the political spectrum the dems are on the right, and the republicans are on the left? Is that how it works?
  6. Germany
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 19:19
    really? So on the political spectrum the dems are on the right, and the republicans are on the left? Is that how it works?
    No, they are both on the right, if you also take parties and ideologies outside the US into account.
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 15:31
    Why are you posting this propaganda? It quotes olberman/media matters..2 of the most vile and extreme left wingers/sites there is. That is a great example of the msnbc ilk that would draw a correlation between a murderer and Beck. As far a colmes, he said he left on his own account, but I much prefered hannity and colmes to just hannity which i won ...[text shortened]... who else would put forth info on "fox_news_bias" but someone who wanted to hurt Fox News.
    Why are you posting this propaganda

Im just looking at both sides of the argument.

Since every other media outlet was characterizing the military, iraq war, and pro-lifers in the most negative way possible there needed to be someone that would characterize these thing in a more honest light. what's wrong with putting abu ghraib in context (not saying its ok, PUTTING IT IN CONTEXT), be positive about pro life (since msnbc is negative about them), etc. What is wrong with that?

two wrongs make one right?
    just because msnbc insists on reporting the news in a biased way doesn't mean fox should do it as well.

they're supposed to report the news, give the people the facts and let them decide for themselves whether they agree with something or not.
  8. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 21:58
    Why are you posting this propaganda? It quotes olberman/media matters..2 of the most vile and extreme left wingers/sites there is. That is a great example of the msnbc ilk that would draw a correlation between a murderer and Beck. As far a colmes, he said he left on his own account, but I much prefered hannity and colmes to just hannity which i won ...[text shortened]... who else would put forth info on "fox_news_bias" but someone who wanted to hurt Fox News.
    your whole argument is only justified on a 3rd grade playground. "Since they did it first I can do it too, waaaaaaa!" Good journalism does not "balance" out other biased journalism, it is unbiased to begin with. You can see that MSNBC is biased but not Fox? What does that say about your leanings?If you think Fox is really unbiased you need to take a good hard look at yourself and open up some books about the rest of the world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree