1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 14:09
    Cyanide fishing is damaging coral reefs in certain parts of the world. It needs to be stopped so we know it is not global warming causing it.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/cyanide-fishing/
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 13:511 edit
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Cyanide fishing is damaging coral reefs in certain parts of the world. It needs to be stopped so we know it is not global warming causing it.

As vile as that practice is, the key was 'where it is employed' which means those coral reefs in reach of those Asian countries. That won't effect the dying reefs around the south pacific like those around Australia and such. So this bit is just more evidence of you trying to debunk climate scientists saying we are in trouble and that caused by humans using fossil fuels mainly but also poisoning the oceans with plastic waste by the millions of tons, all of the above as the direct result of human activity.

But go on denying it as long as you are morally able. At some point even you will have to admit you were wrong and I hope to hell it is not too late when you deniers agree with known science because your denials when done by the thousands, effect policies around the world which of course is just fine by you and your buddies.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 14:28
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    As vile as that practice is, the key was 'where it is employed' which means those coral reefs in reach of those Asian countries. That won't effect the dying reefs around the south pacific like those around Australia and such. So this bit is just more evidence of you trying to debunk climate scientists saying we are in trouble and that caused by humans usin ...[text shortened]... housands, effect policies around the world which of course is just fine by you and your buddies.
    "That won't effect the dying reefs around the south pacific like those around Australia and such."

Are you claiming that vile practice does not happen around Australia?
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 15:41
    Are the ice caps still shrinking on Mars? We can fix that if would do the right thing and start taxing all the industry on that planet for their CO² emissions.

I'm just glad the science is settled here on Earth and the man-made global warming myth has been debunked and replaced with man-made global cyanide poisoning.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 16:42
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Are the ice caps still shrinking on Mars? We can fix that if would do the right thing and start taxing all the industry on that planet for their CO² emissions.

I'm just glad the science is settled here on Earth and the man-made global warming myth has been debunked and replaced with man-made global cyanide poisoning.
    Don't forget the round-earth myth. And the moon-landing myth. And the evolution myth. And the vaccination myth. And the 4-billion-year-old earth myth.

Glad we have people like you to call out 97% of the world's scientists on their BS.
  6. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 16:59
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Don't forget the round-earth myth. And the moon-landing myth. And the evolution myth. And the vaccination myth. And the 4-billion-year-old earth myth.

Glad we have people like you to call out 97% of the world's scientists on their BS.
    Right because when 97% of the "scientific community" agrees on something, it must be true.

Like a flat Earth.
    Or the Sun orbiting the Earth.
    Or eating spinach makes you stronger.
    Or more recently, global cooling and the impending ice age.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 20:01

Far, far more dangerous to the world's coral reefs is the bleaching effect of increased solar ultraviolet light reaching them due to thinning of the ozone layer, which IS caused by 'global warming'.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 00:18
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Far, far more dangerous to the world's coral reefs is the bleaching effect of increased solar ultraviolet light reaching them due to thinning of the ozone layer, which IS caused by 'global warming'.
    You don't know what you are talking about. Global warming does not effect the ozone layer. It has been a long time since I have heard such an absurd claim as this one. Absolute BS!
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 00:343 edits
    You don't know what you are talking about. Global warming does not effect the ozone layer. It has been a long time since I have heard such an absurd claim as this one. Absolute BS!
    The thinning of the Ozone Layer isn't caused by global warming, but contributes to it. Man-made causes resulted in massive Ozone depletion, adding to global warming, in addition to deforestation, carbon emissions, etc.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 01:16
    Right because when 97% of the "scientific community" agrees on something, it must be true.

Like a flat Earth.
    Just because they were wrong this doesn't mean it wasn't true.
    What I mean is, just because something isn't true this doesn't mean they were wrong because the evidence at that time proved it was true... even though it wasn't.

Wait, spinach doesn't make you stronger? Are you sure about that?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 04:21
    The thinning of the Ozone Layer isn't caused by global warming, but contributes to it. Man-made causes resulted in massive Ozone depletion, adding to global warming, in addition to deforestation, carbon emissions, etc.
    Correct, this is what I meant. Contributes to, not caused by.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 04:33
    Actually there is a 'rogue" scientist who believes it is the thinning of the ozone layer and
    holes within it that are responsible for global warming and not CO2 emissions. I'm surprised
    you have not latched on to that. Can't remember his name, you'll have to go agoogling.

So perhaps not absolute BS
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 04:37

Like a flat Earth.
    Find a scientist who said the Earth was flat.
    Find a scientist who proved the Earth went around the sun.
    Tell me about this scientist who said spinach makes you stronger.
    And impending ice-age? We are currently in one. We hope it stays!
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 04:38
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    Just because they were wrong this doesn't mean it wasn't true.
    What I mean is, just because something isn't true this doesn't mean they were wrong because the evidence at that time proved it was true... even though it wasn't.

Wait, spinach doesn't make you stronger? Are you sure about that?
    Standing under the crotch of midgets.
    (to paraphrase Newton)
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 14:43
    FALSE!
    Global warming does not contribute to it. CFCs and other man made chemicals contribute to it, but not global warming.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree