Go back
Countries I’d love to visit, but won’t because of the tyrannical government:

Countries I’d love to visit, but won’t because of the tyrannical government:

Debates


Iran
North-Korea
America

1 edit
Vote Up
Vote Down

@Great-King-Rat

Saudi Arabia. They beheaded people for sorcery/witchcraft. Sure they are an ally of the US (where I live), but I might spit the wrong way and regret it.

Saudi Arabia's school religious curriculum teaches children to hate minority Muslim sects, Christians and Jews, Human Rights Watch has revealed.

https://www.newarab.com/news/saudi-school-textbooks-teach-children-hate-other-religions

Russia. I might find myself in jail for smoking cannabis and trade me for a spy eventually.


@Metal-Brain said
@Great-King-Rat

Saudi Arabia. They beheaded people for sorcery/witchcraft. Sure they are an ally of the US (where I live), but I might spit the wrong way and regret it.

Saudi Arabia's school religious curriculum teaches children to hate minority Muslim sects, Christians and Jews, Human Rights Watch has revealed.

https://www.newarab.com/news/saudi-school-textbook ...[text shortened]... gions

Russia. I might find myself in jail for smoking cannabis and trade me for a spy eventually.
Yes, two other countries with tremendous potential ruined by its tyrannical government, like America.

Does Saudi Arabia also do those executions publicly, like America wants to do?

2 edits

@Great-King-Rat said
Yes, two other countries with tremendous potential ruined by its tyrannical government, like America.

Does Saudi Arabia also do those executions publicly, like America wants to do?
Yes, beheadings are public. Sometimes if the crime is serious enough they will put the head on a stick as a warning to others. The Saudi Kingdom is a brutal dictatorship. They rule by fear because most people there do not like that regime and some would like to overthrow it.

Trump tends to like people that show him respect. MBS did just that. Sucked up to him big time. It paid off. I highly recommend you watch this:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/documentary/the-crown-prince-the-president/

I have no desire to see s public execution in my country. I will take their word for it he is dead when they kill him. I don't see the purpose of allowing Americans to watch it. Few Americans would do what that guy did so it is not a necessary warning to us IMO. Maybe they just want to be more like the Saudi Kingdom one step at a time so few people notices much. I oppose public executions. The victim's families should be able to, but not everyone that wants to see for who knows why.


@Great-King-Rat said
Iran
North-Korea
America
A good measure of a tyrannical government is provided by Freedom House, and others as well who measure tyranny using things like, no democracy or elections, suppression of speech, control of the media, persecuting journalists, control of courts and judges, detention of political opposition, violence against civilians.

Out of the worlds 195 countries ..
- 67 listed as Not Free
- 52 Partly free
- 89 Free [the USA included]

Freedom House 2026, ranks these from 0 to 100. Have a look at the listing. You might be surprised at how deluded you are to refer to the US as tyrannical.

1 edit

@Rajk999 said
A good measure of a tyrannical government is provided by Freedom House, and others as well who measure tyranny using things like, no democracy or elections, suppression of speech, control of the media, persecuting journalists, control of courts and judges, detention of political opposition, violence against civilians.

Out of the worlds 195 countries ..
- 67 listed as Not ...[text shortened]... ook at the listing. You might be surprised at how deluded you are to refer to the US as tyrannical.
“Among countries rated Free, the United States, Bulgaria, and Italy have experienced the year’s largest declines. In the United States, an escalation in both legislative dysfunction and executive dominance, growing pressure on people’s ability to engage in free expression, and the new administration’s moves to undermine anticorruption safeguards all contributed to the negative score change. The United States lost 3 points on the report’s 100-point scale, bringing its net decline since 2005 to 12 points, more than any other country rated Free during the same period except for Nauru and Bulgaria.”

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2026/growing-shadow-autocracy

America is free because of its past leaders, not because of its current one.


@Great-King-Rat said
“Among countries rated Free, the United States, Bulgaria, and Italy have experienced the year’s largest declines. In the United States, an escalation in both legislative dysfunction and executive dominance, growing pressure on people’s ability to engage in free expression, and the new administration’s moves to undermine anticorruption safeguards all contributed to the ...[text shortened]... ing-shadow-autocracy

America is free because of its past leaders, not because of its current one.
I read that. 3 whole points ... wow, disgusting tyrannical country.


@Metal-Brain said
@Great-King-Rat

Saudi Arabia. They beheaded people for sorcery/witchcraft. Sure they are an ally of the US (where I live), but I might spit the wrong way and regret it.

Saudi Arabia's school religious curriculum teaches children to hate minority Muslim sects, Christians and Jews, Human Rights Watch has revealed.

https://www.newarab.com/news/saudi-school-textbook ...[text shortened]... gions

Russia. I might find myself in jail for smoking cannabis and trade me for a spy eventually.
Well, the seemingly-civil Singapore will jail you for dropping a tid bit on the street . It is true. Chewing gum, piece of paper.
Would I lie? I like USA better, I can steal stuff in a store and have committed no crime!! I will go to USA from any country.


@Metal-Brain said
Yes, beheadings are public. Sometimes if the crime is serious enough they will put the head on a stick as a warning to others. The Saudi Kingdom is a brutal dictatorship. They rule by fear because most people there do not like that regime and some would like to overthrow it.

Trump tends to like people that show him respect. MBS did just that. Sucked up to him big time ...[text shortened]... ions. The victim's families should be able to, but not everyone that wants to see for who knows why.
When Trump ‘sucks up’ he’s not.
Best example, saying “ I’m in love with Kim.”

Everyday I see more how clueless you all are. Sue once said Trump was/is not respected.


@AverageJoe1 said
Well, the seemingly-civil Singapore will jail you for dropping a tid bit on the street . It is true. Chewing gum, piece of paper.
Would I lie? I like USA better, I can steal stuff in a store and have committed no crime!! I will go to USA from any country.
You can attempt to drive away in your car in America and receive a bullet in your head. Sounds very 1984, but it's true.


@AverageJoe1 said
When Trump ‘sucks up’ he’s not.
Best example, saying “ I’m in love with Kim.”

Everyday I see more how clueless you all are. Sue once said Trump was/is not respected.
Newspeak.

War is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength.


@Great-King-Rat said
You can attempt to drive away in your car in America and receive a bullet in your head. Sounds very 1984, but it's true.
Sorry, I was speaking of govt/law, such as that.

To your point, cannibals in Borneo will EAT you!

Slow day on the forum.

Vote Up
Vote Down

@Metal-Brain said
@Great-King-Rat

Saudi Arabia. They beheaded people for sorcery/witchcraft. Sure they are an ally of the US (where I live), but I might spit the wrong way and regret it.

Saudi Arabia's school religious curriculum teaches children to hate minority Muslim sects, Christians and Jews, Human Rights Watch has revealed.

https://www.newarab.com/news/saudi-school-textbook ...[text shortened]... gions

Russia. I might find myself in jail for smoking cannabis and trade me for a spy eventually.
Saudi is fine to visit.


@Great-King-Rat said
Newspeak.

War is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength.
I recognized that from Orwell, looked it up. So, see if you can actually close a post like a respectable gentleman .
Which specific contradiction are you pointing to? You have the 3. Are you applying that standard toboth parties, or just the side you disagree with? Give me a concrete example of what you mean.

Vote Up
Vote Down

@AverageJoe1 said
Sorry, I was speaking of govt/law, such as that.

To your point, cannibals in Borneo will EAT you!

Slow day on the forum.
ICE is not “govt/law” - or at least pretending to?