1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 22:04
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I do have excellent hearing for the record.
    Wearing the head phones really made the difference for me though.You can clearly hear a young womans voice (at least once) say OBAMA above but in unison with the other monotone voices
    That's because you WANT to believe every bad thing possible since your guy didn't win.
  2. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 22:08
    I can't think of a less appropriate subject for a text-based internet discussion forum than people endlessly repeating their subjective experience of a poor audio recording.
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 22:29
    this whole thread is a metaphor for politics in general.
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 22:38
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    this whole thread is a metaphor for politics in general.
    No kidding. If I wanted to read this sort of trash I'd just turn of the spam filter on my email.
  5. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 23:201 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I just listened to it using headphones. I'm not blaming you for this because it's an honest mistake. YOU FORGOT TO REMOVE THE FRICKING TIN FOIL.

It's not even a question, they are clearly saying "oh, God"
    3 syllables that sounded like Obama. They could have been saying oh goda. But definately 3 syllables there, yes three the square root of nine. You betcha. No doubt it was Obama as he is worshipped by many. Uh huh. I heard that Obama kept hearing them chant and answered them but they couldn't hear Obama. Doesn't seem fair.
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 23:27
    Originally posted by telerion
    No kidding. If I wanted to read this sort of trash I'd just turn of the spam filter on my email.
    You could of course leave your email settings alone and read some of your old posts at RHP.
  7. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 01:21
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    3 syllables that sounded like Obama. They could have been saying oh goda. But definately 3 syllables there, yes three the square root of nine. You betcha. No doubt it was Obama as he is worshipped by many. Uh huh. I heard that Obama kept hearing them chant and answered them but they couldn't hear Obama. Doesn't seem fair.
    When multiple people are saying "God" you hear the "Ah" multiple times. They are CLEARLY saying God. I know you WANT to believe anything negative. I know you WANT to have evidence of obsessive Obama supporters. But the irony is the obsession is yours.

It's hard for me to believe you're truly making "Obama" out of what they saying.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 02:32
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    http://the-classic-liberal.com/deliver-us-obama/

This video came from last December, not recently, which means that the lunacy preceded the current debate over ObamaCare. This was at the tail end of the Democrats’ campaign attempt to cast their agenda in religious terms of social justice, although they have certainly picked up that effort ...[text shortened]... y want and to deliver them from their enemies.

That goes just a touch beyond creepy, I think.
    From my observation, most atheists/agnostics lean toward the left. I think it all has to do with what you have hope in. For example, the religious lay all their hope upon God for their ultimate "salvation", however, what does the atheist have? All they have is the hope that some utopia here on earth will form and the state is the tool for this endevour. It is then not surprising that such cultic personalities spring up in their midst as they swoon when he promises them their utopia that will never arrive.
  9. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 11:361 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    From my observation, most atheists/agnostics lean toward the left. I think it all has to do with what you have hope in. For example, the religious lay all their hope upon God for their ultimate "salvation", however, what does the atheist have? All they have is the hope that some utopia here on earth will form and the state is the tool for this endevour. I ...[text shortened]... ing up in their midst as they swoon when he promises them their utopia that will never arrive.
    Except the premise of this whole thread is based on a complete fallacy. Listening to it myself I don't think any objective observer could really think they were saying "Obama"

I am not an atheist myself, but I also don't believe in any bible. It should be the goal of everyone, atheist or not to create the highest possible standard of living for all Americans (or the country in which you live). I don't know how you can equate such a thing to cultism.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 12:04
    Except the premise of this whole thread is based on a complete fallacy. Listening to it myself I don't think any objective observer could really think they were saying "Obama"

I am not an atheist myself, but I also don't believe in any bible. It should be the goal of everyone, atheist or not to create the highest possible standard of living for ...[text shortened]... or the country in which you live). I don't know how you can equate such a thing to cultism.
    Because you have a fawning press who took on the "mandate" of getting Obaam elected, got tingly legged feelings, swoon, applaud when Obama swats flies and failed to porperly vet his candicacy. That's why it seems cultish. The tape could go either way. You are equally at fault for hearing what you want to hear. That's the way it goes. For you Obama can do no wrong nor can his mmm, mmm, mmm folowers.
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 13:081 edit
    if you showed this clip to a crowd of conservatives, 95% of them would likely say they heard "Obama!" - and they would probably all REALLY hear it that way - they'd likely pass a lie detector test on the question.

if you showed the same clip to a crowd of liberals, 95% of them would likely say they heard "Oh God!" - and they too would likely pass the same lie detector test.
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 15:32
    That's because you WANT to believe every bad thing possible since your guy didn't win.
    Not so,
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 16:43
    Originally posted by DrKF
    Nice work, sir. "I guess we are going to hear what we want to hear,no convincing each other any differnt [sic]" but you're still right!/ Nice.
    don't spoil it, can't you see utherpendragon is aroused by the belief that they're chanting "Obama"?
  14. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 18:23
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    if you showed this clip to a crowd of conservatives, 95% of them would likely say they heard "Obama!" - and they would probably all REALLY hear it that way - they'd likely pass a lie detector test on the question.

if you showed the same clip to a crowd of liberals, 95% of them would likely say they heard "Oh God!" - and they too would likely pass the same lie detector test.
    And I'm willing to bet 95% of unaffiliated people would hear them saying, "God" Listen to it again, this is really stupid.
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 18:26
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Because you have a fawning press who took on the "mandate" of getting Obaam elected, got tingly legged feelings, swoon, applaud when Obama swats flies and failed to porperly vet his candicacy. That's why it seems cultish. The tape could go either way. You are equally at fault for hearing what you want to hear. That's the way it goes. For you Obama can do no wrong nor can his mmm, mmm, mmm folowers.
    I totally disagree with you about the "fawning press" but that's for another thread.

I have absolutely NO vested interest in what those people are saying, Even if they were saying "Obama" (which they weren't) it has absolutely no relevancy to Obama, his policies or his Presidency. I would simply say they're wackos and I can care less.

Being totally objective it was CLEARLY a large group of people saying "God" out of sinc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree