1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 14:57
    @no1marauder said
    Screw you. I've already given you multiple cites backing my argument while you have provided nothing supporting yours.

How many Senators have been impeached since Blount?
    Was Blount impeached or not? Yes or no?
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 14:58
    @no1marauder said
    And Trump was impeached while in office anyway.
    Are you claiming that is unique?
    What do you think that proves? Anything?
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 15:09
    no1 already stated Blount was impeached. He wants us to believe that Trump being impeached proves he can be impeached while Blount being impeached proves he cannot be impeached because he was a senator.

It is a clear contradiction. With Blount he wants you to think conviction means impeachment to prove there is a precedent that senators cannot be impeached while embracing shav logic where conviction does NOT mean impeachment.

no1 clearly wants it both ways. He and shav need to agree on the definition of impeached. They can work it out and get back to me.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 15:27
    @metal-brain said
    Was Blount impeached or not? Yes or no?
    How many times do you want me to answer "yes" to that question?

As explained, the outcome of that case established the precedent that members of Congress cannot be impeached and none have been since.

Contrary to your baseless claim, it did not establish the principle that leaving office ends an impeachment proceeding since Belknap was impeached and tried.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 15:37
    @metal-brain said
    no1 already stated Blount was impeached. He wants us to believe that Trump being impeached proves he can be impeached while Blount being impeached proves he cannot be impeached because he was a senator.

It is a clear contradiction. With Blount he wants you to think conviction means impeachment to prove there is a precedent that senators cannot be impeached while embrac ...[text shortened]... . He and shav need to agree on the definition of impeached. They can work it out and get back to me.
    I've already explained the Blount case and its meaning. There are no contradictions in that explanation.

Blount's case has nothing to do with Trump anyway the latter being impeached while still in office. And the Constitution states in Article I, Section 3: "The Senate shall have sole power to try all impeachments", so a Senate trial appears to be mandatory by express Constitutional language.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 15:42
    @no1marauder said
    How many times do you want me to answer "yes" to that question?

As explained, the outcome of that case established the precedent that members of Congress cannot be impeached and none have been since.

Contrary to your baseless claim, it did not establish the principle that leaving office ends an impeachment proceeding since Belknap was impeached and tried.
    Then senators can be impeached, obviously. Blount proves that.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 15:47
    @no1marauder said
    I've already explained the Blount case and its meaning. There are no contradictions in that explanation.

Blount's case has nothing to do with Trump anyway the latter being impeached while still in office. And the Constitution states in Article I, Section 3: "The Senate shall have sole power to try all impeachments", so a Senate trial appears to be mandatory by express Constitutional language.
    Blount went to trial too, yet you claim that proves he cannot be impeached while simultaneously claiming he was impeached.

Does impeachment require a conviction or not? If it does tell shav he is wrong. If you agree with shav why did you claim senators cannot be impeached when a senator (Blount) was already impeached?

Correct your contradiction. Either impeachment requires conviction or it does not. Which is it?
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 16:30
    @metal-brain said
    So was Blount and no1 says that is precedent for no impeachment. You say Blount was impeached and no1 says he was not. You work out your contradictions between you two.

Let me know what you two decide on then get back to me. 🙂
    I don’t say anything about Blount or Blunce or whatever. I’ve never heard of the man. Another point I’ve already stated.

You really are a horrible little troll aren’t you?
    I bet you’re an incel.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 17:07
    @shavixmir said
    I don’t say anything about Blount or Blunce or whatever. I’ve never heard of the man. Another point I’ve already stated.

You really are a horrible little troll aren’t you?
    I bet you’re an incel.
    Blount was impeached by the house. no1 claims that set a precedent that senators cannot be impeached because the senate acquitted.

You claim no conviction is necessary for impeachment since the house vote is enough for you. no1 wants it both ways and is contradicting himself. Apparently he can contradict you and you are fine with it.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 17:28
    @metal-brain said
    Blount was impeached by the house. no1 claims that set a precedent that senators cannot be impeached because the senate acquitted.

You claim no conviction is necessary for impeachment since the house vote is enough for you. no1 wants it both ways and is contradicting himself. Apparently he can contradict you and you are fine with it.
    Will you please stop lying?

Blount's case set a precedent because it was dismissed for lack of jurisdiction because he was a Senator, not because he was "acquitted" (which he technically wasn't; a dismissal on lack of jurisdiction grounds is not an acquittal).

There is no contradiction only a deliberate and stubborn refusal by you to accept the facts.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 18:43
    @no1marauder said

Blount's case set a precedent because it was dismissed for lack of jurisdiction because he was a Senator, not because he was "acquitted" (which he technically wasn't; a dismissal on lack of jurisdiction grounds is not an acquittal).

There is no contradiction only a deliberate and stubborn refusal by you to accept the facts.
    I propose we just let Metal Brain (rusted bolts stuck in some melted flesh) stew and ignore him on this subject forever more.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 19:13
    @no1marauder said

Then you can give a source of information to confirm that assertion. All I am asking you for is your source of information. Is that so hard to provide?

People on here assert all sorts of lies. Nobody here accepts anybody's word for anything. Do you think you are special?
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 19:15
    @shavixmir said
    I propose we just let Metal Brain (rusted bolts stuck in some melted flesh) stew and ignore him on this subject forever more.
    Tell no1 Blount was impeached and to accept it. You cannot claim ignorance any longer. Do you fear holding him to the same standard? Of course you do. 😆
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 02:451 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Then you can give a source of information to confirm that assertion. All I am asking you for is your source of information. Is that so hard to provide?

People on here assert all sorts of lies. Nobody here accepts anybody's word for anything. Do you think you are special?
    I already did multiple times; the article YOU cited.

"On January 11, 1799, the Senate approved the following resolution by a vote of 14–11:

The court is of opinion that the matter alleged in the plea of the defendant is sufficient in law to show that this court ought not to hold jurisdiction of the said impeachment, and that the said impeachment is dismissed."

" the Senate’s action in the Blount case has been interpreted as precedent for determining that a senator cannot be impeached."

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/The-First-Impeachment.htm
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 02:51
    @metal-brain said
    Tell no1 Blount was impeached and to accept it. You cannot claim ignorance any longer. Do you fear holding him to the same standard? Of course you do. 😆
    Why in the f**k would he have to tell me something I have already agreed to several times in this thread?

And why do you keep lying and say I haven't?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree