1. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 23:23
    @Duchess64 I think leaving the country would be a last resort to avoid prison. I think it is highly unlikely he will go to jail, even if he is guilty. While some of us would find it sweet, going to prison might make him a martyr and strengthen his base. I think Putin would give Trump refuge in exchange for information. Putin could also try to extract something from the U.S. in return for handing over Trump. I believe the most likely scenario is that Trump immediately files to run in 2024. He will establish a radio/cable TV presence and start campaigning on January 20. 2021. Unfortunately, the GOP leadership will fall in line.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Nov '20 04:03
    @averagejoe1 said
    Trump Trump Trump. Hey, did you see where Biden yesterday said ';it will be a very dark winter'. He says that because he knows he can't handle anything, that the bleakness will be because he can't, so when it happens, he will be able to say "I told you so!". This of course assumes that we will hear him talk. He is no Trump, speaking of Trump. Trump NEVER hand-pick ...[text shortened]... lack-jawed' look, when he stares with his mouth open. Looks like the jug player in a hillbilly band.
    Biden is not Trump.

All you got is Republican fairy tales.

I suspect you and a bunch of other Republicans won't rest and will continue to fight against America actually becoming great again.
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    20 Nov '20 08:31
    @phranny said
    @Duchess64 I think leaving the country would be a last resort to avoid prison. I think it is highly unlikely he will go to jail, even if he is guilty. While some of us would find it sweet, going to prison might make him a martyr and strengthen his base. I think Putin would give Trump refuge in exchange for information. Putin could also try to extract something from the U.S. i ...[text shortened]... ence and start campaigning on January 20. 2021. Unfortunately, the GOP leadership will fall in line.
    Let's suppose that the CIA believes that former President Trump will seek refuge in Russia.
    In return, Putin will expect Donald Trump to reveal all that he can remember of US secrets.
    The US military and intelligence services would regard that leak as a catastrophe.

Should President Biden authorize a covert operation to assassinate Donald Trump?

A successful assassination would carry the risk of making Trump appear to be a martyr.
    So the assassination should be disguised as an accident or a false flag operation.

How much 'collateral damage' would be acceptable?
    Would it be acceptable to take down an airliner carrying Trump to Russia, killing everyone else aboard?
    That could be sold as a terrorist incident blamed upon the USA's victim of choice,
    thus giving the USA a welcome pretext to attack or invade another country.