@beardmusic saidSure. The man on the street, beard, is not privy to all of the underpinning’s and planning which is not always divulged to citizens of the country by those who are running the country. Take Trump for instance. He had y’all thinking that he was going to take over Greenland. That’s the way he wanted it. But, That is not what HE wanted at all. So, you are just a man on the street, you don’t know anything., And that is not meant to be a slur ,,,,you don’t, and neither do I. In my case, I bet on the come. You bet on socialism. Yes, there can only be two answers. Socialism, or, The Come.
@AverageJoe1
Here's another Fox News poll that appears to contradict your enthusiasm.
Obviously the people polled are not 'experts' in the economy like you. Maybe you could explain in 'simple' terms why 75% of the population have got it wrong?
For the record, I have heard many a liberal say that polls are never accurate. So tell us why you are basing a post on polls.. silly guy.
@AverageJoe1
"Silly"?? What is YOUR information based on? As I said people are responding to what they are paying in shops.
For ideological reasons you seem to be trying to fit an awkward reality with your expectations (which if you knew anything about history you would know Communists/ Utopians always do).
My question stands - why are 75% of the population wrong about the economy??
Not sure what 'the come' is? Nor why you think I'm a socialist just beacuse I'm pointing out your obvious errors/ naïveté?
@beardmusic saidI guess they think that about the economy because things cost more money. Problem is they don’t think beyond that. This country is doing great things and it cost money, including shutting down Iran. No other country would do it, no other president would do it so Trump was quite courageous to go for it. It cost money and you people that are worried about how much a bag of peanuts cost want to elect another administration because of what the cost of peanuts are. I think I’m right about that. So those are the people that are part of your 75%, in other words, the man on the street.
@AverageJoe1
"Silly"?? What is YOUR information based on? As I said people are responding to what they are paying in shops.
For ideological reasons you seem to be trying to fit an awkward reality with your expectations (which if you knew anything about history you would know Communists/ Utopians always do).
My question stands - why are 75% of the population wrong about the economy??
Have you ever seen the reporters on the street with the microphone. They will say who is our vice president, and eight out of 10 times the person he asked the question of does not know. That is the person who is upset about the cost of a bag of peanuts. A loser in other words.
@AverageJoe1
I think the reason I get good coverage on the forum, …people asking and writing and bitching with average Joe…, is because I answer questions. Can you imagine your writing a question to Sonhouse?? I will guarantee you that you cannot find any Post where Sunhouse has been asked a question. I get asked questions all the time. Go smoke your pipe on that one.
@AverageJoe1
The problem is that these 'losers' (your words) get to vote...
As I said (and you ignored) you're trying to fit reality with your (ideological) suppositions, as Communists used to do in the Soviet Union...
@beardmusic saidSo here is a good discussion… there are two kinds of people. Idealists and realists.
@AverageJoe1
The problem is that these 'losers' (your words) get to vote...
As I said (and you ignored) you're trying to fit reality with your (ideological) suppositions, as Communists used to do in the Soviet Union...
Why don’t you start. Are you an idealist or a realist.. and then ask me any question you would like. I do assume you will be honest with an answer here. Are you an idealist or a realist. Or if you’re somewhere in between, which are you closest to, you can do this. If you don’t answer, I will call you a person that does not answer questions. You will have the Mark of Average Joe on your forehead.
@AverageJoe1
You've already answered my question by contemptuously dismissing the 'average person' as a 'loser' for daring to disagree with your naive delusions.
To answer your question: I am a 'realist' in that (unlike you) I don't believe that Reagan TREBLING the national debt in 8 years was the act of a 'fiscal conservative,' or that adding trillions to the national debt to bail out banks in 2008 (arguably the largest act of socialism ever) was 'good' for the economy - as you have also claimed to me in the past...
@beardmusic saidContrare, I do not dismiss them as a loser for the reason that they disagree with me. A loser is someone who cannot take care of himself and keeps looking outside of his bubble to the lives of others that have nothing to do with him , generally speaking .. chronic irresponsibility, poor self discipline, but all of it goes back to blaming or depending on others
@AverageJoe1
You've already answered my question by contemptuously dismissing the 'average person' as a 'loser' for daring to disagree with your naive delusions.
To answer your question: I am a 'realist' in that (unlike you) I don't believe that Reagan TREBLING the national debt in 8 years was the act of a 'fiscal conservative,' or that adding trillions to the national ...[text shortened]... st act of socialism ever) was 'good' for the economy - as you have also claimed to me in the past...
@AverageJoe1
LOL
That's not what you said earlier (maybe read it again!). Don't try to move the goalposts now...
@AverageJoe1 saidYou just assume that those you do not like are the ones doing this.
Contrare, I do not dismiss them as a loser for the reason that they disagree with me. A loser is someone who cannot take care of himself and keeps looking outside of his bubble to the lives of others that have nothing to do with him , generally speaking .. chronic irresponsibility, poor self discipline, but all of it goes back to blaming or depending on others
Billionaires have their hands out to government far, far more.
@AverageJoe1 saidNo, it is because you live in a fantasy world where Donald Trump is a worthy president and billionaires actually do things for society.
@AverageJoe1
I think the reason I get good coverage on the forum, …people asking and writing and bitching with average Joe…, is because I answer questions. Can you imagine your writing a question to Sonhouse?? I will guarantee you that you cannot find any Post where Sunhouse has been asked a question. I get asked questions all the time. Go smoke your pipe on that one.
We only want to set you straight and relieve you of these fantasies.
@Suzianne said‘Do not like???’ That is patter for squirmy liberals, so, easy for you to interject.
You just assume that those you do not like are the ones doing this.
Billionaires have their hands out to government far, far more.
What a person ‘likes’’ is not relevant in debating Sue.
“‘I don’t like it’ is not an argument. A debate requires you to explain what is wrong with the policy, circumstance, or conduct , and to give reasons thatcan be examined and challenged.
A debate judge will throw you off of the stage if you looked at me and said well, you just don’t like so and so. God,..namby pamby libs
@Suzianne saidI am sorry to break it to you, but Trump being a billionaire is irrelevant about what he does for society, or for that matter, irrelevant in any event about what Trump does..
No, it is because you live in a fantasy world where Donald Trump is a worthy president and billionaires actually do things for society.
We only want to set you straight and relieve you of these fantasies.
I don’t suppose you would take it upon yourself to tell all of us why you all always type the word billionaire in all of your posts
@Suzianne saidTrump not worthy ? Have you read the crime statistics, the deportation statistics, 3 1/2 million illegals, his 100 accomplishments???
No, it is because you live in a fantasy world where Donald Trump is a worthy president and billionaires actually do things for society.
We only want to set you straight and relieve you of these fantasies.
Not worthy??? No tax on tips etc? The $1000 to newborns?
Gotta run please finish the list for me,
and what does billioaairism have to do with it? You gonna tell us.?? Of course you are not
@AverageJoe1 saidI notice you’re no longer mentioning the job market
Trump not worthy ? Have you read the crime statistics, the deportation statistics, 3 1/2 million illegals, his 100 accomplishments???
Not worthy??? No tax on tips etc? The $1000 to newborns?
Gotta run please finish the list for me,
and what does billioaairism have to do with it? You gonna tell us.?? Of course you are not
Peculiar 😕