1. Pepperland
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 17:16
    Originally posted by trev33
    when have i made a "campaign" for a coup in colombia? this thread was about the feeble coup attempt in ecuador and i merely stated if any country in s. america needs a coup it's colombia, that's not campaigning that's stating how poor i think the colombian government is and suggesting they need a change. That’s not a campaign for a coup, of course a change of ...[text shortened]... differently if you actually lived in colombia.

if i lived in colombia i'd move.[/b]
    when have i made a "campaign" for a coup in colombia?
    You certainly suggest it was a realistic solution to the perceived problem.

without looking at any specific colombian figures i'd say the percentage of middle and upper class voters are higher than that of the lower classes in colombia like they usually are in the rest of the world. plus poorer people are generally less educated and less inclined to vote for a party that's actually out to help them and more inclined to get sucked in by empty promises if they do manage to vote.

If this conclusion has been made without looking at specific colombian figures why do you present it as being factually correct with such certainty?
    The problem of ignorance has already been mentioned in my previous post, and it doesn't change the fact that the voters are to blame for the election of corrupt or incompetent leaders.

going by gdp colombia is classed as the 6th richest country in s. america, paraguay the 11th with less than half the gdp of colombia. would you have guessed that walking through both their capital cities? i doubt it.

have you ever visited asuncion?

if i lived in colombia i'd move.

so you'd run away from the problem, oh well, that is understandable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree