1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:21
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    "The owners should be there to protect them".
    Great reasoning, next time you leave something that belongs to you unattended I guess it's OK with you if someone takes it?

"Who cares what shape they're in?"
    I suppose the next occupants might care, or the people who have to pay to put in new windows, paint over the graffitti, fix the smashed walls, cl ...[text shortened]... n appliances,etc.

Homeles people generally don't take good care of places they occupy.
    I keep an eye on my things. I don't need the government to give me my Right to Property. If they get stolen, well, s* happens. I'm not going to cry about it. That's reality.

What next occupants? First of all, the "next occupants" would just take a different house. We have a vast surplus of homes to the point that the construction industry is going to be depressed for quite a long time from what I've read. Second of all, why would the people living there leave?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung

What next occupants? First of all, the "next occupants" would just take a different house. We have a vast surplus of homes to the point that the construction industry is going to be depressed for quite a long time from what I've read. Second of all, why would the people living there leave?
    Geez don't you think the supply of houses that get occupied and trashed will eventually dry up?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:252 edits
    Why should everyone have to buy a house from capitalists? Live where you choose to live. That's your house.

http://athousandyoung.blogspot.com/2010/01/right-to-own-property.html
    Your right. The private sector should be left out of the equation. Just tax everyone to build government houses and give them away. Then everyone will have health care and houses. Next the government can do the same with automobiles.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:27
    OK OK OK stop the presses I do see your side of things Thousand, because of this video:

YouTube

Being from victorville I'm familiar with the area, a big block of newly constructed homes was demolished for a variety of financial reasons, which was a criminal waste of resources and labor.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:28
    Originally posted by IshDaGegg
    I want to live on the street and you can't stop me.
    Obviosly you need some re-education. The government can create some classes to better inform you of your obligation to participate in collective justice.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:29
    OK OK OK stop the presses I do see your side of things Thousand, because of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsgOaCZ2Lag

Being from victorville I'm familiar with the area, a big block of newly constructed homes was demolished for a variety of financial reasons, which was a criminal waste of resources and labor.
    Wait, are you using emotional imagery to manipulate the audience?! You must be one of them LIBERALS!!!!

Right, savage?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:31
    Wait, are you using emotional imagery to manipulate the audience?! You must be one of them LIBERALS!!!!

Right, savage?
    Don't be a dick I'm agreeing with you.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:34
    Geez don't you think the supply of houses that get occupied and trashed will eventually dry up?
    Yeah, it will take some time before the mistakes of these capitalists are corrected by market forces. Houses that are actually occupied won't get trashed unless the occupants want to trash their homes.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:35
    Don't be a dick I'm agreeing with you.
    Oh, sorry, I was taking whatever opportunity I could to mess with savage's head, nothing to do with you.

Hooray! We agree!
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:431 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Your right. The private sector should be left out of the equation. Just tax everyone to build government houses and give them away. Then everyone will have health care and houses. Next the government can do the same with automobiles.
    Just tax everyone to build government houses and give them away.

We don't NEED to build any more houses numbnuts!

They're already there, being actively withheld from the market by capitalist paper-shufflers who are gaming the system so that they don't have to get real jobs and are waiting for someone with money to buy the homes for profit so that they can continue the lifestyle to which they've become accustomed without using up their vast inherited fortunes.

Unfortunately, their plan breaks down somewhat because these financial munchkin heirs already have all the points - I mean, money - and so what will end up happening is that they will sell the homes to China so they can increase their bank account score even more, because nobody else except in their little circle of capitalists has any money any more!
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:521 edit
    Enough!!! 😠

I have decided on what to do. We now have government panels in place to decide who should get health care and how much. So now we will set up housing panels, transportation panels, gorcery panels, entertainment panels, and education panels etc. Then our entire paycheck will be divided up amongst these panels and have them decide who should get what. It will help elimiate waste by restricting the purchase of such things as SUV's which will decrease the consumption of fossil fuels and reduce carbon emissions. It will prohibit or severly curb the purchase of junk food that is bad for us which, in turn, drives up health care costs. It will prohibit the purchase of large homes which drives up energy costs and decrease carbon emissions. In terms of education, everyone will have the same education so there will be no student with a superior or inferior education, thus providing collective equality across the board. All in all it will provide a homogenized collective society that will function like a well oiled machine. No longer will material and educational differences allow for such diversity and individuality that promotes social discord. We will become one!!!

Of course, there will be those who do not agree. All I can say is build more prisons. Then when in prison every prisoner will eat the same foods, watch the same programs on TV etc, etc, in an attempt to rehabilitate them into a homogenized prison population. If they accomplish this, perhaps they will be allowed to return to our utopia!! 😀
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:54
    Just tax everyone to build government houses and give them away.

We don't NEED to build any more houses numbnuts!

They're already there, being actively withheld from the market by capitalist paper-shufflers who are gaming the system so that they don't have to get real jobs and are waiting for someone with money to buy the homes for pro ...[text shortened]... re, because nobody else except in their little circle of capitalists has any money any more!
    Obviously the private sector has to go. Just have the government take over private industry and the problem is solved!!
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 22:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    Enough!!! 😠

I have decided on what to do. We now have government panels in place to decide who should get health care and how much. So now we will set up housing panels, transportation panels, gorcery panels, entertainment panels, and education panels etc. Then our entire paycheck will be divided up amongst these panels and have them decide who should ...[text shortened]... opulation. If they accomplish this, perhaps they will be allowed to return to our utopia!! 😀
    Government?

I said "kick in the door and sleep on the furniture" not "petition your representatives to form a committee to look into it".
  14. Joined
    06 Feb '11
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 22:33
    Government?

I said "kick in the door and sleep on the furniture" not "petition your representatives to form a committee to look into it".
    This isn't Iraq.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 22:53
    Originally posted by Bushless
    This isn't Iraq.
    I wasn't aware of a housing surplus in Iraq. In fact given recent events I suspect it might be the opposite. Such a plan would not be appropriate there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree