1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '17 00:15
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Too many Americans think education and science are Liberal conspiracies. While hedge fund managers make 6 and 7 figures, educators struggle. Super capitalism at it's finest.
    Listen, just because all professors seem to be left winged loons as they implement safe zones and shout down ideas that make them uncomfortable in no way means it is a conspiracy.

That's just crazy talk. 🙄
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Sep '17 03:02
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Listen, just because all professors seem to be left winged loons as they implement safe zones and shout down ideas that make them uncomfortable in no way means it is a conspiracy.

Listen, just because all professors seem to be left winged loons....

So, now you know how all professors think?? Who's crazy now??
  3. Germany
    Moves
    30 Sep '17 09:59
    Originally posted by @whodey

I've been around in academic circles for quite a while now. Not once have I seen a professor "implement safe zones" or "shout down ideas that make them comfortable."

Could it be the reporting of the Völkischer Beobachter does not accurately portray academia?
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    30 Sep '17 13:351 edit
    Mike Rowe has some nice advice for those pursuing their dream job.

YouTube

"Don't follow your passion, bring it with you."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree