1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 14:08
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    A-B aren't worth responding to; you essentially conceded my point.

C is just another example of your rabid right wing sites tearing an innocent remark out of all context.https://www.lawfareblog.com/peter-strzoks-insurance-policy

D) It's really hard; except the Nunes' memo says directly that the counterintelligence probe started because of the "The ...[text shortened]... " and much of it has been verified.

F) Just verifies what I said; "possible" is not evidence.
    So let me get this straight, e-mails were released from Hillary's server but it was not hacked?

Did she release them then?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 14:12
    Originally posted by @whodey
    So let me get this straight, e-mails were released from Hillary's server but it was not hacked?

What does that even mean?

The only e-mails that were released from her server were by the State Department in response to a FOIA request. https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 14:22
    But the GOP rallied to stop Trump. They hate him as much as the Dims.

The article pointed out that FISA warrants are easy to obtain and easy to continue, with next to no probable cause needed. It also points out that these warrants are to go after suspected foreign agents, and not the President of the United States.

The vitriol against Trump within t ...[text shortened]... n powers hacked into Hillary's private server and made them public the evidence Trump is guilty?
    I was just wanting your take. You see, previously you argued Trump couldn't fire Meuller.πŸ˜‰
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 14:241 edit
    Here's an interesting detail from the Steele dossier regarding Carter Page's alleged meeting with Igor Sechin, Putin's right hand man, in Moscow, July 7 or 8, 2016:

According to an “associate,” Sechin was so keen to lift personal and corporate Western sanctions that he offered Page an unusual bribe. This was “the brokerage of up to a 19 per cent (privatized) stake in Rosneft in return.” In other words, a chunk of Rosneft was being sold off.

No sums were mentioned. But a privatization on this scale would be the biggest in Russia for years. Any brokerage fee would be substantial, in the region of tens and possibly hundreds of millions of dollars. Page “expressed interest” and confirmed that were Trump to become US president, “then sanctions on Russia would be lifted,” Steele wrote.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/03/carter-page-nunes-memo-216934

Page has denied meeting with Sechin, but a funny thing happened in December more than 4 months after this entry in the dossier was made:

Steele’s Rosneft source was right. In early December—less than a month after Trump won the White House—Rosneft announced it was selling 19.5 percent of its stock. This was one of the biggest privatizations since the 1990s and, on the face of it, a vote of confidence in the Russian economy.

Steele’s mole had known about the plan months before Rosneft’s management board was informed. The board only discovered the deal on December 7, hours after Sechin had already recorded his TV meeting with Putin revealing it. Even the Russian cabinet had been kept in the dark. “Sechin did it all on his own—the government did not take part in this,” one source told Reuters.

In the weeks to come, US and other Western intelligence agencies would examine this deal closely. Where did the money go? Russian journalists were sceptical that it had ended up with Trump; it was more probable, they reasoned, that it would have travelled to Putin and Sechin. There was no proof of this, and neither the Kremlin nor other parties would offer comment.

A day after the Rosneft deal was unveiled, Page flew back to Moscow.

HMMM
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 14:24
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I was just wanting your take. You see, previously you argued Trump couldn't fire Meuller.πŸ˜‰
    He can't, at least not directly which is what I said.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 14:28
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    He's certainly not going to be nominated for 'Mr. Congeniality' when it comes time to renew the lease.
    He wasn't elected to be "Mr. Congeniality"...you people still don't get it.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 14:302 edits
    He can't, at least not directly which is what I said.
    Here is the complete post...I will put in bold your statement.

"Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    LOL...so Trump can demand Meuller turn over all files of his investigation?
    That's an interesting question. I think the answer is "yes" though it would be politically suicidal.

Theoretically,

Trump could invoke Article II to bypass or invalidate the Justice Department regulations and the Mueller appointment order to fire Mueller and shut down the parts of the investigation he does not like. This takes us to contested constitutional issues that are hard to explain without much more space. Suffice it to say that while Trump might be able to do some of this lawfully, it would be enormously controversial, legally and politically. I doubt he could find subordinates willing to execute the order, and if he did, he would be committing political suicide.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/president-cant-kill-mueller-investigation

The Constitutional powers the President has over Executive Branch employees in term of what they do is pretty broad. The remedy for when he abuses such powers is impeachment."

You are whistling out both ends.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 14:36
    Here is the complete post...I will put in bold your statement.

"Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    LOL...so Trump can demand Meuller turn over all files of his investigation?
    That's an interesting question. I think the answer is "yes" though it would be politically suicidal.

Theoretically,

[b]Trump could invoke Article II to bypass ...[text shortened]... edy for when he abuses such powers is impeachment."

[b]You are whistling out both ends.
    [/b]
    That article indicates there would be serious Constitutional issues if he took that route. I agree; it's possible that could get through the courts, it's possible the courts wouldn't take up the dispute, it's possible they would override Trump's decision etc. etc. etc.

I think that is all moot; if Trump took that step, he would almost certainly be impeached.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 14:42
    Let me put it this way; as the law exists now, Trump cannot directly fire Mueller. He could try to change the regulations and do so, but that would raise serious Constitutional issues (as well as statutory ones concerning the process by which regulations are promulgated and/or discontinued).
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 14:43
    Let me put it this way; as the law exists now, Trump cannot directly fire Mueller. He could try to change the regulations and do so, but that would raise serious Constitutional issues (as well as statutory ones concerning the process by which regulations are promulgated and/or discontinued).
    Quit digging.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 14:45
    Quit digging.
    Like most right wingers you want a simple answer to complex questions. Sometimes they just aren't available, at least if one wants to be truthful.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 14:52
    He wasn't elected to be "Mr. Congeniality"...you people still don't get it.
    Read the post again, with comprehension this time: "... when the lease comes up for renewal" implies that he won't get nominated for the next presidential campaign.

Several top Republicans have already stated that they wouldn't have supported him the first time if they'd known then what they know now.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 01:00
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Read the post again, with comprehension this time: "... when the lease comes up for renewal" implies that he won't get nominated for the next presidential campaign.

Several top Republicans have already stated that they wouldn't have supported him the first time if they'd known then what they know now.
    LOL...tell me what republican supported him the first time?

And I understood exactly what you meant.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 13:20
    What does that even mean?

The only e-mails that were released from her server were by the State Department in response to a FOIA request. https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/
    Wiki Leaks had her personal e-mails but other foreign governments did not hack into her server?
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 14:04

"But the eeeee-maaaaaaiiills!!!"

You really are desperate, aren't you?

Trump fails... back to the Bat-emails, Robin mine! Quick, kiss me!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree