1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 13:47
    Originally posted by bill718
    Trump is an economic moderate, social conservative, with an overinflated ego and mouth.
    Not a bad synopsis, but I'd add "with an undersized brain."

Also, calling his ego merely "overinflated" is like calling the Pacific Ocean "a rather large pond." Trump's ego wouldn't fit in 23 states.
  2. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 21:02
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Trump said they'd ask them what their religion was.
    Ah! He must be the only far-right Islamaphobe who hasn't heard of taqiya.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 21:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 22:24
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I can't imagine any Muslim pretending to be atheist.

Do you know of any world characters who did just that?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 22:28
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    Ah! He must be the only far-right Islamaphobe who hasn't heard of taqiya.
    Well that allows a Muslim to hide his religion only if he faces bodily harm or death for revealing it.https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/09/22/ben-carsons-claim-that-taqiyya-encourages-muslims-to-lie-to-achieve-your-goals/

That would not apply to Muslim tourists headed for DisneyWorld.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 23:00
    Originally posted by bill718
    Former President Carter was Hitler

Yeah Whodey, that's right. "Hitler" has spent much of the last 30 years beating nails, digging ditches, and painting, so poor people can have a roof over their head. He's a pretty evil guy alright, let's stick bamboo shoots under his fingernails! 🙄
    Yep, Carter has spent have a century building $50K houses for $100K.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 23:02
    As an atheist, why can't you keep out of religious arguments?
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 23:07
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    You do know that Iranians are more than 99% Muslim (and this was already the case according to figures in pre-Revolutionary times)? True, many Iranians were opposed to the Ayatollah, which just goes to show that not all Muslims are supportive of political Islam.

Also, there's no obvious way to tell from someone's passport whether someone is or isn't Mus ...[text shortened]... y countries were banned? Or would Trump merely refuse entry to those with Muslim-sounding names?
    I have no idea how any of this would be implemented. It does make sense when time after time, acts of terrorism and mass destruction are linked by claims of the actors that they do it in the name of their religion. Ought we ignore those claims? Ought we not take steps to attempt to avoid future acts?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 23:07

10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 23:13
    My atheism doesn't preclude others from holding different views, and I try my level best not to argue against religious notions. That is not in any way hypocrisy.
  11. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 23:20
    Originally posted by normbenign
    As an atheist, why can't you keep out of religious arguments?
    These are political arguments in the debate forum. And besides, an atheist has a perfect place in any discussion in the spiritual forum.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 23:231 edit

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 23:25

14. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 23:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    it IS solely based on their religion, the religion of extremists, but religious based nonetheless. Their religion TELLS them to murder. They are not saying, I murder for my country. They are not saying I murder because I am pisssed off at Americans.

I am Pisssed off at Americans because Allah tells me to kill. I will go to Muslim heaven the instant I die. So I am not afraid of death.
    http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

MANY instances where the Bible commands people to kill individuals and entire communities. How are these commands any different from those put forth in the Koran?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 01:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Get a brain, please.

Iranians attacked a US Embassy and held US citizens hostage. Not in prison charged with crimes. Hostage. This is against international law. President Carter was within his right to impose sanctions on Iran, including not allowing them to come here.

The people Trump wants to ban from immigrating to the US are Muslims escaping a ...[text shortened]... "final solution" for those of that religion already here? When was the last time this happened?
    So the US hostages that Iran holds is less important than the ones Carter was trying to free how Suzie?

Trump wants to stop more terrorists from coming into the US, that is why he wants a temporary ban.

I realize watching both the GOP and Dim party and media you would not understand that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree