14 Jul '15 09:20
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    heh, you're funny
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 11:482 edits
    You need to stop reading the Daily Mail.

If signing a marriage contract makes you appear less likely to be an abuser, you presumably believe that heterosexual marriage should also be outlawed to protect the vulnerable as well.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 11:53
    Too soon for what?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 12:18
    Secondly, how can we instill something as socially advanced as gay marriage when heterosexual rape in prison is still a running joke and more men are being sexually abused in America than women?

I feel like this sentence is made up of three of four separate parts that have nothing to do with each other.

Did you lose a bunch of paragraphs when you hit the "post" button?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 18:461 edit
    Fighting in their corner? It wasn't the gays that passed this, it was liberal judges.

Instead of well done to gays, you should be saying well done Communists for their infiltration of both the Democrat and Republican parties.

As for the decision, it will not change views on gays. Television and media are doing that. It has to do with how people view the government.
  7. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 04:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 04:36

9. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 04:38

10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 05:161 edit
    This thread is the greatest amount of confused nonsense I have seen in a long while. How on earth can anyone conflate removal of bans on "gay marriage" with Communism and prison rape? As for "more men sexually abused in America than women" you must have your head in a paper bag to even say it, much less think it.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 09:01
    I would like to see alcohol treated like smoking: Your choice but make sure you know the health consequences and don't let your drunkenness impact others negatively. Also restrictions on advertising and drinking in the presence of minors might be good.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 09:06
    So you would hold off on gay marriage because you don't want to send the message that gay people are not a threat because you believe that the current best deterrent for criminal activity is that you might get raped in jail? (by supposedly gay people).
    Wow. Just wow.

You sure did manage to beat sonship and his "I don't support gay marriage because it will make me look like a bigot when I criticize gay people" thread.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 09:13
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    As for "more men sexually abused in America than women" you must have your head in a paper bag to even say it, much less think it.
    He believes that most male prisoners (of which you have quite a number in the US) are sexually abused in prison.

He clearly doesn't know the statistics.
    About 0.9% of US adults is incarcerated.
    Whereas about 1% of women report being raped in a given year and close to 20% in thier life time:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/health/nearly-1-in-5-women-in-us-survey-report-sexual-assault.html?_r=0

I do not know what the lifetime statistic for incarceration is but I believe it is lower than 20%.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 11:48
    Now I am really curious what you would say if you did not choose your words "gently and with great care."
  15. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 20:561 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree