1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 22:08
    @suzianne said
    We HAVE been using it when it applies. The problem here is that a majority of white people take offense at being called racist, even if they ARE racists. Go figure.

JUST because someone "takes offense" does NOT mean the accusation is baseless.

And why not STOP assuming that the left is wrong? The right has been wrong since Reagan.

You're only CALLing it "misused and overused" BECAUSE it is aimed (and for good reason) at people who look like you.
    Hey preacher,

You speak in code - "BECAUSE it is aimed (and for good reason) at people who look like you."

But we all know what you mean, now, don't we, Suzieanne
    You prove my point about lying leftists accusing anyone who disagrees with
    them as being racist. Congratulations.

Check your misfit roster. you're down one member. ..|..
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 22:11
    @Suzianne That old canard again, that Democrat policies are more dangerous to blacks than Republican policies.

Did republicans do anything as bad as Separate but Equal, Jim Crow? Slavery?

It's not a canard, Suzie, it is the truth you won't admit to.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 23:04

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 23:05
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Suzianne That old canard again, that Democrat policies are more dangerous to blacks than Republican policies.

Some people have a problem handling the truth!

-VR
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 19:18
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Racism...

Joe Biden makes the flippant racist remark, "If you have a problem figuring out if you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black."

So where are the racist nazis in here, condemning Racist, Joe Biden?

This is why us clever ones know most of the leftists use the slur, "racist", against
    people, not because they are dedicated to stomping out racis ...[text shortened]... Or, prove me wrong and just don't vote for racist Joe Biden in November.

Yeah, right. Fat chance.
    Why is this racist?

Acknowledging that MOST black people are on the lower half of the income stick shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Expecting them to be Republicans is just plain stupid. Biden was right. If the biggest problem you have is figuring out which party in America has your best interests at heart, then no, "you ain't black".

White privilege STILL doesn't understand black people and black problems. Calling the party that gets it a LOT better than Republicans, "racist", is just ignorant.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 20:05
    @earl-of-trumps said

You STILL don't get it.

"Separate but equal" and Jim Crow laws weren't put in place ONLY by Democrats. They were put in place by WHITE lawmakers. Yes, racist George Wallace was a Democrat, but Johnson beat him handily in the '64 primary BECAUSE Wallace was a racist.

But I'm not talking about 1964. I'm not talking about 1860. I'm not talking about 2008, when America, for one shining millisecond, wasn't concerned with waving their racist flag high. I'm talking about 2016, when Trump signaled he was going to be the "White Jesus" I keep calling him, the "savior" of the white people, and white people everywhere went nuts and thinking it was finally "their time" (which is, yes, stupid, because it's ALWAYS been "their time" in this country) and pulled out their bag of dirty tricks to get him into office, over a far, FAR more qualified candidate, because they NEEDED their "White Jesus" to come and "save" them.

Racism IS "a thing" in this country, and no, it's never been a problem for WHITE people, because they're on top. It IS a problem for the blacks, who have been virtually enslaved by white America for well over two centuries now.

JUST because you're white, doesn't mean you can just wave your hand and pull a Jedi mind trick and say "there is no racism, really", because no one is buying it any more.

Personal Note: Now, before you go "ballistic", AGAIN, and claim that I am somehow calling YOU racist (I don't know, to get sympathy from the other white folk here to make your point), I want you to keep in mind this one thing. I sent you a peace offering when I invited you into my clan. Yes, you are from the right, and I am from the left, but I listened to the recommendations of my clanmates, that you could separate chess in my clan from the stabby-stabby politics of the Debates forum. And, for the most part, I never regretted my decision. You were a great clan member, motivated, active in our forum, and more intelligent than most. I was glad to have you in our family. And then you decided, bizarrely, I thought, that I was somehow calling you a racist, and stomped out of my clan. I will be honest with you and tell you that I was shocked and hurt that you did this, especially over politics. Not that we ever agreed about most politics, but I was excited that you saw why black people were protesting over the death of George Floyd. But something in you decided that I was the devil, because I'm a "leftist", and you had to make a big public deal about leaving to "put me in my place", I guess. I'm telling you right here, right now, in this public forum, that I was NOT calling YOU a racist, I was, however, calling most white people racists, which I still maintain is the truth. I see it every single day in Arizona. A white Karen in a Wal-Mart parking lot demanding to see a black person's receipt to show they paid for the items they're putting in their car. Another white Karen telling a Latina in a gas station convenience store to "SPEAK ENGLISH" when she's talking to her friend. Yet another white Karen telling a woman with Asian features to "go back to where you came from and take your flu back with you". I see this s--- EVERY SINGLE DAY. So don't tell me that there are no white racists. 99% of the ones I see ARE white.

But, you have to also understand that I am not necessarily talking about you, just because you're white. I can judge people by their character and not their skin color, I even know there are some decent Republicans. But they have to SHOW ME that character before I can judge them by it. And I had already made up my mind about you. But that doesn't mean that, just like loving siblings, we can't have arguments and spats in public about political ideology. I invited you to my clan despite my misgivings, and you exceeded my expectations. One caveat was that we not let the machinations of the Debates forum affect my clan. I know you are sad to say in the clan forum why you left us. I'm sad that you let the pettiness of the Debates forum ruin a beautiful relationship. If you change your mind and want to come back, send me a PM and we'll talk about it.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 20:10
    @Suzianne

I'll think on it.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 20:34
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Suzianne

I'll think on it.
    Fair enough.

I was wary of approaching you sooner because I didn't know if you'd even listen.

I am a "filthy leftist", after all. 🙂
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 21:01
    @suzianne said
    Fair enough.

I was wary of approaching you sooner because I didn't know if you'd even listen.

I am a "filthy leftist", after all. 🙂
    Left, right.

I long for a world where we all reside in the middle. Perhaps in a cake shop.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 21:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Left, right.

Bipartisan pastry?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 21:06
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Left, right.

Maybe post-Trump, we can regain our sensibilities as a nation, but definitely not until.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 21:07
    @handyandy said
    Bipartisan pastry?
    I'm envisioning a gigantic bear claw.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 12:262 edits
    @suzianne said
    Maybe post-Trump, we can regain our sensibilities as a nation, but definitely not until.
    You have a chance in the Fall to do just that, providing he doesn't cancel it because of the second wave which expected by then. Hell you guys are having a hard enough time with the first wave. Voting could be an issue, look at what happened in Georgia I believe it was. Another 4 years of the guy in The White House there may be no return.

Getting rid of Trump is the way to make America great again. I am sure you are aware you all have lost respect all over the world because of one man. Last time one man controlled everything we had world war 2.

Good luck to you all!

-VR
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 15:27
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Everyone did slavery.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 15:51
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Everyone did slavery.
    Not in 1860 they didn't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree