gone

gone

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
07 Jul 20

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Wrong. You are making up a story.

If this is to be a moderated forum, where the posting guidelines linked at the top of the forum are to be enforced, then overtly racist posts should be removed, AS WELL AS overtly abusive and hateful charges of racism that add nothing to reasoned debate. Why is that so hard? It's almost like you think losing the ability to defame people as racist will leave you nothing to say. Or nothing fun, perhaps?

D

Moves
07 Jul 20

Australia

Moves
07 Jul 20

Sleepyguy immediately answered with the word "wrong" .
And a question for you: what is behind your use of "note that" to start a sentence?

D

Moves
07 Jul 20
1 edit

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
07 Jul 20

As I've said, I give no credence to your pronouncements of who on this forum may be a racist. You and others level the charge so often, so relentlessly, and so often falsely in my view, that it no longer has meaning. The only effect is to pollute the forum with rancor and contribute to the next great purge.

D

Moves
07 Jul 20

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Jul 20

I made my views on that very clear.

Australia

Moves
07 Jul 20

Kewpie didn't ask you what the word meant. She asked you why you insert such a word, with its peremptory overtones, into multiple simple declarative sentences. The inference she draws is that you wish to direct that the reader take notice.

Compare these:
Kewpie didn't ask you what the word meant.
Note that Kewpie didn't ask you what the word meant.

There is a distinct difference in tone, is there not?

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Jul 20

"Kewpie could try looking up 'note' in a dictionary."

… and Duchess, don't tell Kewpie what to do. She knows what she is doing.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
07 Jul 20
1 edit

What's "white" got to do with it? My God your self awareness is crippled.

Anyway, calling someone a racist is an insult, much worse than calling them an idiot in my view. If the latter is prohibited by the posting guidelines, why not the former?

K

Germany

Moves
07 Jul 20
1 edit

@sleepyguy said

Anyway, calling someone a racist is an insult, much worse than calling them an idiot in my view. If the latter is prohibited by the posting guidelines, why not the former?
You should be more concerned about condemning racists than protecting their feelings.

If "conservatives" had done their due diligence and rooted out racists within their ranks by calling them out, you would now have a President Kasich or Cruz facing good odds getting re-elected.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
07 Jul 20

@kazetnagorra said
You should be more concerned about condemning racists than protecting their feelings.

If "conservatives" had done their due diligence and rooted out racists within their ranks by calling them out, you would now have a President Kasich or Cruz facing good odds getting re-elected.
I've already said I support removing overtly racist posts. Does that protect the feelings of racists? All I'm "concerned" with in this thread is discussing the posting guidelines, with a faint hope that their enforcement would transform the forum into something worth participating in again.

Overtly racist posts would fall to this posting guideline:
"Hate speech is not permitted. Content promoting violence or hatred against individuals or groups based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, caste, sex, gender, gender identity and serious disease or disability is forbidden."

Likewise, abusive insults, like calling someone a racist, should fall to this one:
"... while you may take issue with another poster's viewpoint, you must not resort to personal attacks or abuse. Do not post offensive or inflammatory remarks that stray beyond the bounds of reasoned debate. Calling another poster an "idiot" will leave a post subject to immediate removal."

I think it will be quite easy for me to comply with those two guidelines, and I think the forum would be more enjoyable if everyone did. Calling someone a racist, just like calling them an idiot, is abusive. Can you live without it? I can.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
07 Jul 20

SleepyGuy and everyone else in here wishes you'd shut your mouth.

All you uselessly do in here is accuse, accuse, accuse.
Why don't you look in the mirror, if you want to see what you accuse others of?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
07 Jul 20
2 edits

@sleepyguy said

The Grand Duchess has a "white detector" helping her figure out who all the white writers are, don't ya know?

And the clever (so she thinks) Duchess is now asking questions with a built-in
assertion, so as to avoid violating RHP posting rules (hate speech) by spelling it out

So is wolfgang, come to think of it.

K

Germany

Moves
07 Jul 20

@sleepyguy said
I've already said I support removing overtly racist posts. Does that protect the feelings of racists? All I'm "concerned" with in this thread is discussing the posting guidelines, with a faint hope that their enforcement would transform the forum into something worth participating in again.

Overtly racist posts would fall to this posting guideline:
[i]"Hate speech is no ...[text shortened]... lling someone a racist, just like calling them an idiot, is abusive. Can you live without it? I can.
I don't think "racist" is a personal attack; it describes a political ideology that is a core tenet of the most powerful political party in the U.S. and as such is very popular in the U.S. at the moment. Therefore it is appropriate to discuss it on a U.S.-centric Debates forum in my opinion. The moderators' views may differ.