Good example...

Good example...

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
01 Sep 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Conservatives simply don't know how to lead except through fear.
I understand your point, but conservatives are saying (correctly) the exact same thing about liberals. I guess we're all being played.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Sep 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
I understand your point, but conservatives are saying (correctly) the exact same thing about liberals. I guess we're all being played.
That's like whodey calling liberals fascists.

It's just not in our wheelhouse.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
01 Sep 18
1 edit

That's like whodey calling liberals fascists.

It's just not in our wheelhouse.
So you deny that liberals in the government and media are using fear to motivate people? I refuse to believe you are that brainwashed.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Sep 18

Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
are you just stupid or what? the RELEASE is in 2018 for the data collected in 2016/17
The data was actually collected from June 30, 2017 to June 30, 2018 for the School Year 2015-16 as this note in the NPR story makes clear:

"The CRDC accepts correction requests for up to one year from the moment the submission period opens. For the 2015-16 collection, the corrections period closed on June 30, 2018, and for this reason your data correction request cannot be accepted.

https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/08/27/640323347/the-school-shootings-that-werent

So this was a ludicrous error by DeVos' Education Department which was not checked. It seems most likely that most of the reports were simply mistakes caused largely by the fact that it was a new question. As NPR points out:

Another reason the shooting data may show these kinds of problems, Temkin adds, is that the item is so new. "Because this was the first year this was asked of all schools, they may not have been as prepared to respond to this item."

And there's another factor at work as well: the law of really, really big numbers. Temkin notes that "240 schools is less than half of 1 percent," of the schools in the survey. "It's in the margin of error."

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Sep 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
So you deny that liberals in the government and media are using fear to motivate people? I refuse to believe you are that brainwashed.
And you think they do?

If you watch Fox News, you may be brainwashed.

Here's your sign.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Sep 18

Originally posted by @no1marauder
The data was actually collected from June 30, 2017 to June 30, 2018 for the School Year 2015-16 as this note in the NPR story makes clear:

"The CRDC accepts correction requests for up to one year from the moment the submission period opens. For the 2015-16 collection, the corrections period closed on June 30, 2018, and for this reason your data corre ...[text shortened]... ls is less than half of 1 percent," of the schools in the survey. "It's in the margin of error."
But Trump said he only appoints the "best people".

It looks like the secret of the Trump Swamp is finally getting out.

Can we trust ANYone this man-child points his plastic finger at?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Sep 18

...of how the liberal agenda plays its followers...

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2018/08/govt-funded-news-outlet-finds-most-school-shootings-in-fed-report-didnt-occur/

Wonder how many times these >facts< were C&Ped ?

"In an amusing story, a government-funded media outlet notorious for its liberal slant found that the overwhelming majo ...[text shortened]... we found, something did happen, but it didn’t meet the government’s parameters for a shooting. "
whats this 'liberal agenda' you numbskull rednecks go on about? You mean the freedom to the Earth God gave us? Or....

Sorry bro, you lost me on the first line

Moves
02 Sep 18

"The CRDC accepts correction requests for up to one year from the moment the submission period opens. For the 2015-16 collection, the corrections period closed on June 30, 2018, and for this reason your data corre ...[text shortened]... ls is less than half of 1 percent," of the schools in the survey. "It's in the margin of error."
so the data from Obama era reporting was politically slanted and you blame devose for not correcting it ? LOL...we are in the middle of straightening out a lot of Obama politicizing.

Moves
02 Sep 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
whats this 'liberal agenda' you numbskull rednecks go on about? You mean the freedom to the Earth God gave us? Or....

Sorry bro, you lost me on the first line
Earth God? LOL...you need another bump, your dope is failing you.

Moves
02 Sep 18

But Trump said he only appoints the "best people".

It looks like the secret of the Trump Swamp is finally getting out.

Can we trust ANYone this man-child points his plastic finger at?
so much hate, so little time...its over hun...you lost!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Sep 18

so the data from Obama era reporting was politically slanted and you blame devose for not correcting it ? LOL...we are in the middle of straightening out a lot of Obama politicizing.
You really are functionally illiterate. The data was collected during Trump's Presidency and the question was a new one on the form added during DeVos' tenure as Department of Education Secretary. Perhaps it was not corrected to help her harebrained scheme to arm teachers.

Moves
02 Sep 18

You really are functionally illiterate. The data was collected during Trump's Presidency and the question was a new one on the form added during DeVos' tenure as Department of Education Secretary. Perhaps it was not corrected to help her harebrained scheme to arm teachers.
collected...not provided.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Sep 18

collected...not provided.
It was "collected" by sending a form to school districts and requiring them to return it to DOE. The form was prepared and the question added to it under DeVos and the school districts submitted the form in 2017-18.

Moves
02 Sep 18

It was "collected" by sending a form to school districts and requiring them to return it to DOE. The form was prepared and the question added to it under DeVos and the school districts submitted the form in 2017-18.
yes...you cant report on something that hasn't happened yet! damn!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Sep 18
1 edit

yes...you cant report on something that hasn't happened yet! damn!
Like I said, functionally illiterate.

Do you think an event in the past "hasn't happened yet" until someone asks about it in the present?