1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '12 17:39
    Is anybody planning to watch the Republican convention? I noticed that the Ron Paul supporters have been pushed to the back, and also that Ron Paul will not speak.

I wonder if the hurricane is going to be a distraction. I think I might watch if Romney had Sarah Palin do a stripper pole dance at the convention.
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    27 Aug '12 22:14
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Is anybody planning to watch the Republican convention? I noticed that the Ron Paul supporters have been pushed to the back, and also that Ron Paul will not speak.

I wonder if the hurricane is going to be a distraction. I think I might watch if Romney had Sarah Palin do a stripper pole dance at the convention.
    I was going to watch Huckabee, but now they have an excuse to nix his speech or cut him short.
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '12 22:28
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I was going to watch Huckabee, but now they have an excuse to nix his speech or cut him short.
    Maybe Huckabee can expand on the distinction between legitimate rape and forcible rape.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    27 Aug '12 22:58
    Originally posted by moon1969

A Sarah Palin quote is that, "Polls are for strippers and cross country skiers".
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 09:52
    Originally posted by normbenign
    A Sarah Palin quote is that, "Polls are for strippers and cross country skiers".
    Nice. I did not know that.
  6. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 11:03
    Yes - she is one classy lady who illustrates how low the republican party has fallen.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 12:00
    I would like to see Samuel Jackson speak so he can try and splain why it is that God did not send hurricane Isaac into Tampa Bay to destroy the GOP convention but instead is sending it towards heavily democratic New Orleans..........AGAIN. 😛
  8. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 22:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    I would like to see Samuel Jackson speak so he can try and splain why it is that God did not send hurricane Isaac into Tampa Bay to destroy the GOP convention but instead is sending it towards heavily democratic New Orleans..........AGAIN. 😛
    :-)
  9. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 00:09
    Originally posted by kbear1k
    Yes - she is one classy lady who illustrates how low the republican party has fallen.
    How does she compare to Bill Clinton and his inability to keep his p---is in his pants,, does he bring glory to the Liberal democrats?
    A smile to everyone face, is it a joke to you fellows..?
  10. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 00:41
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    How does she compare to Bill Clinton and his inability to keep his p---is in his pants,, does he bring glory to the Liberal democrats?
    A smile to everyone face, is it a joke to you fellows..?
    I don't approve of his actions in that regards - but at least he has a brain. I'm not sure what you can call that which situates itself between her two ears.
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 00:44
    I don't approve of his actions in that regards - but at least he has a brain. I'm not sure what you can call that which situates itself between her two ears.
    a brain is of little use, if all the blood is sucked down to the smaller brain.. he embarrassed us....
    now care to attack Ann Romney as well?
  12. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 01:49
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    a brain is of little use, if all the blood is sucked down to the smaller brain.. he embarrassed us....
    now care to attack Ann Romney as well?
    Why would I bother to "attack" Ann Romeny? Are you placing Sarah Palin in the same light as Ann Romeny? If you are then you are a fool.
  13. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 03:41
    Why would I bother to "attack" Ann Romeny? Are you placing Sarah Palin in the same light as Ann Romeny? If you are then you are a fool.
    Ann did quite well tonight, but I could see the look of MS fatigue on her face after the speech....
    Romney.....
    If Sarah Palin was so bad, how does Joe Biden look..? I think you'd make a better Vice President than Joe..
    I think the attacks will come,, and she will hold up fine,, just as Palin did..

JOE BIDEN..... his 3 letter word,, JOBS
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 03:51
    I was listening to Glenn Beck today and they speculated as to who the mystery speaker was. Someone said it might be Obama's half brother in Kenya who lives in a shack and whom Obama has nothing to do with. Rumor has it that someone within the GOP has helped him financially while Obama has not and that his brother is somewhat right winged. If so, it would be a home run, election over.
  15. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 05:241 edit
    So I thought Anne Romney did pretty well. She comes off as charming and brought some badly needed humanity to an unlikable candidate.

Christie on the other hand - didn't acknowledge Ms. Romney's speech in any way, and it was all about memememememememememe. He didn't even mention Mitt until the end of the speech. What was that? I think he expects Romney to lose and is playing for 2016.

Santorum was supposedly brought in to push the welfare lie about how Obama is eliminating the work requirement, but he's not a chimpanzee apparently. He dedicated like one sentence to it, and instead talked about abortion, which probably made the Romney people squirm. Didn't they check these speeches ahead of time?

Here are 100 seconds of highlights.

http://core.talkingpointsmemo.com/tv/videos/convention-in-100-seconds-rnc-day-one

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree