1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '15 03:201 edit
    I was watching the GOP debates tonight. I was struck on how the candidates all joined forces and beat to tar the moderators. It was by far the worst beating of political moderators in US political history, and I rather enjoyed it.

The candidates openly showed the moderators to either be liars, or completely clueless. The nail in the coffin was the comment by the moderator that the debates had not originally been scheduled to take 3 hours long, when it was widely known that this was the case and Trump called them on it.

They also openly showed just how politically biased they all were as they compared questions they received to that of the Dim love fest. The questions were baited as well as just being plain terrible.

Apart from the bashing of the moderators, I rather enjoyed what Huckabee had to say regarding taking on the Clintons. He said that he had beaten them in Arkansas...............and even lived to tell about it.

Unfortunately for me, I was drinking at the time as I promptly redistributed my beverage of choice out my nose and on to my lap.

Ok GOP, that was fun. Now back to the business of reality which is passing unlimited Obama spending bills, which is what you do best.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '15 03:404 edits
    I think this debate might be the end of Jeb.

Jeb was the only candidate in attack mode as he went after Rubio, but he was promptly handed his arse. Then Chris Christy put the nail in the coffin after Jeb suggested new regulations on fantasy football. Christy correctly showed the nation the absurdity of the federal government getting involved in fantasy football as his jaw hit the floor.

Classic.

No matter, Jeb can never change his name, or if he did, he can't run from his political roots. I now don't believe that any amount of money can overcome the negative emotions on both sides of the political isle when it comes to the "Bush" name.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    29 Oct '15 14:26
    Jeb is done.

I'd now peg Rubio as the odds on favorite.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Oct '15 15:56
    Originally posted by sh76
    Jeb is done.

Rubio I really liked, Cruz is very solid he is hated by the left big time, which I imagine is a
    good thing among Rep.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '15 16:431 edit
    Jeb is done.

Rubio is being called the GOP Obama. This is probably why Jeb was going after him. He figured all he needed to do was take out his most popular establishment Republican and double his support in doing so among establishment Republicans.

But like his brother, he is clueless. I just don't understand how "W" got elected twice.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    29 Oct '15 17:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    Rubio is being called the GOP Obama. This is probably why Jeb was going after him. He figured all he needed to do was take out his most popular establishment Republican and double his support in doing so among establishment Republicans.

But like his brother, he is clueless. I just don't understand how "W" got elected twice.
    He got elected by getting votes from people like you.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '15 18:04
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    He got elected by getting votes from people like you.
    I can maybe understand fooling people like me once, but twice?
  8. Germany
    Moves
    29 Oct '15 18:16
    I can maybe understand fooling people like me once, but twice?
    You are so smart - "only" voting for GWB once.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '15 20:51
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You are so smart - "only" voting for GWB once.
    If had known, I would not have voted at all the first time.

Unfortunately, all we have to go on is a candidates record and what they promise. Just look at Obama, for example. The first time he was elected he railed against "W" on his spending and said it was ruining the nation. Then he gets in there and does more of the same.

Luckily for people like Obama, they can lie with impunity all they want even though it may cost voters much of their income and freedom. Anywhere other than government people like that would be thrown into jail.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 07:15
    If had known, I would not have voted at all the first time.

Unfortunately, all we have to go on is a candidates record and what they promise. Just look at Obama, for example. The first time he was elected he railed against "W" on his spending and said it was ruining the nation. Then he gets in there and does more of the same.

Luckily for people like ...[text shortened]... income and freedom. Anywhere other than government people like that would be thrown into jail.
    You perhaps forget the part where Bush Jr gave out the same amount of money as Obama, but when he did it it was a true give away, no accounting, and just co-incidentally about 1/3 of that 750 BILLION just disappeared into thin air, no doubt getting Jr a large number of now much richer friends who will no doubt pay him back with an unlimited budget to push his bro into office too.

They won't even lose that much, since they split up over 200 billion.

At least Obama's money had accountability.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 08:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You perhaps forget the part where Bush Jr gave out the same amount of money as Obama, but when he did it it was a true give away, no accounting, and just co-incidentally about 1/3 of that 750 BILLION just disappeared into thin air, no doubt getting Jr a large number of now much richer friends who will no doubt pay him back with an unlimited budget to push h ...[text shortened]... e that much, since they split up over 200 billion.

At least Obama's money had accountability.
    Yeah, Obama's money has been accountable as trillions more added to the national debt. I just wish the people in the Obama government were accountable too. 😏
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 08:07
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Rubio I really liked, Cruz is very solid he is hated by the left big time, which I imagine is a
    good thing among Rep.
    I believe Rubio and Cruz should stay in the Senate and help Trump as President. They are still young and have plenty of time to run for President again.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 08:15
    Jeb is done.

The only thing I can see that might help Jeb is if he could get his Mexican wife to be interviewed in English to show she can speak English too.
  14. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 11:441 edit
    It amazes me that a party as spectacularly over-funded as the GOP is can be so utterly and consistently moronic in its day-to-day tactics. Attacking the media in 2015 may look smart, but it goes down poorly with both media and voters, and it'll cut no ice with the electorate when they present yet another clueless, narrowband candidate to them for president in 2016. The only real debate now is whether that candidate will have outre hair or square hair.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 19:311 edit
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    It amazes me that a party as spectacularly over-funded as the GOP is can be so utterly and consistently moronic in its day-to-day tactics. Attacking the media in 2015 may look smart, but it goes down poorly with both media and voters, and it'll cut no ice with the electorate when they present yet another clueless, narrowband candidate to them for president in 2016. The only real debate now is whether that candidate will have outre hair or square hair.
    How is recognizing today's media as being no better than pravda going to go down poorly with voters?

Maybe voters in the North East who are no better than Communists anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree