1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    27 Oct '12 09:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sure sanitise it how you like, the fact remains, you are depriving someone of the
    opportunity of life, whether they adhere to your definition of what constitutes a life or
    not and its also a misleading and an inaccurate portrayal, not all abortions are carried
    out upon a 'collection of cells'.
    Contraception (birth control) also prevents life. Prevents conception of life from occurring that might otherwise occur.

The morning-after pill is like contraception but can act hours or day or two after conception.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '12 13:041 edit
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Contraception (birth control) also prevents life. Prevents conception of life from occurring that might otherwise occur.

The morning-after pill is like contraception but can act hours or day or two after conception.
    Yes it does, bit it fails once again to the fact that

1. many abortions are given after a foetus has developed, percentages are available as
    to the duration.
    2. contraception is used to avoid conception, not to destroy the prospects of a life that
    has already been conceived.

My position is that while my conscience dictates that life is sacrosanct, not everyone
    has the same values as me and while i really wish that all would adopt a similar view as
    to the sanctity of life, i realise that people are free moral agents and must be allowed
    to exercise their own consciences.
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    27 Oct '12 13:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes it does, bit it fails once again to the fact that

1. many abortions are given after a foetus has developed, percentages are available as
    to the duration.
    2. contraception is used to avoid conception, not to destroy the prospects of a life that
    has already been conceived.

My position is that while my conscience dictates that life is sa ...[text shortened]... alise that people are free moral agents and must be allowed
    to exercise their own consciences.
    Good reply. I agree that abortion becomes more problematic through the pregnancy term and especially at viability.

Too bad the morning-after pill which in certain cases may work hours after conception would be outlawed for rape victims if abortion were outlawed with no exception for sexual assault as the Republican Party wants to do.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '12 13:45
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Good reply. I agree that abortion becomes more problematic through the pregnancy term and especially at viability.

Too bad the morning-after pill which in certain cases may work hours after conception would be outlawed for rape victims if abortion were outlawed with no exception for sexual assault as the Republican Party wants to do.
    This seems to me to be an almost insurmountable problem facing you guys, people are
    intent on imposing their religious beliefs on others through political mandates, which
    other people, because their consciences and values are different, naturally resent. It
    would seem much more productive if people were allowed to exercise their own
    consciences within the framework of the law.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree