1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 15:04
    When will people start dying in the streets? 😲
  2. Germany
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 15:17
    I guess those without health care coverage are.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 15:20
    My wife hasn't had health coverage for the past 10 years. Most people don't really need it. The probability of actually needing health care insurance is pretty low for those between 20 and 50.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 15:27
    Originally posted by Eladar
    My wife hasn't had health coverage for the past 10 years. Most people don't really need it. The probability of actually needing health care insurance is pretty low for those between 20 and 50.
    I thought the whole point of insurance was that not everybody needs it because calamity doesn't strike everyone. If everybody crashed their cars every year, wouldn't the whole concept (and price) of 'car insurance' be totally different, for example?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 16:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    I thought the whole point of insurance was that not everybody needs it because calamity doesn't strike everyone. If everybody crashed their cars every year, wouldn't the whole concept (and price) of 'car insurance' be totally different, for example?
    Exactly. That's why Kaz's statement is untrue. A majority of people who do not have health insurance will not die due to the fact that they don't have it.

The government shut down means nothing to a vast majority of people. Even if people lost their government health care for a period of time, most wouldn't notice it.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 16:17
    Exactly. That's why Kaz's statement is untrue. A majority of people who do not have health insurance will not die due to the fact that they don't have it.

The government shut down means nothing to a vast majority of people. Even if people lost their government health care for a period of time, most wouldn't notice it.
    That's very enlightening, there I was thinking everybody was in the hospital all the time.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 16:29
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    That's very enlightening, there I was thinking everybody was in the hospital all the time.
    From the way certain people talk, you'd think that was the case!

Sure, health insurance is nice but many working poor people get by without it. I have insurance because my job pays for mine. My kids have it because I can afford to cover both of them. My wife doesn't because we can't afford the $500 per month just to get coverage.

She chose to stay home and raise the kids and now to home school. This means she also chose to go without certain financial rewards. Health insurance is one of those rewards. We are taking a gamble, but hopefully in a few years we'll have this one covered. The youngest kid is turning 12 this year.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 16:30

A government shutdown would not cut off people's health insurance.

Essential services are not cut off during a shutdown.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 16:31
    But, say if - as whodey seems to relish the idea of - some people did die as a result of politicians bickering - would that really "mean nothing to a vast majority of people"?
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 16:32
    Nobody's dying because of a government shut down.

On the contrary, the decrease in traffic of government employees might actually save a few people.
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 19:21
    Originally posted by sh76
    Nobody's dying because of a government shut down.

On the contrary, the decrease in traffic of government employees might actually save a few people.
    Perhaps whodey is suggesting that people should be helped to die, whodey secretly craves a government shutdown because he wants the left-wing radicals to takeover Congress, this will be the perfect excuse for the tea party brown shirts to emerge from the shadows and retaliate with violence, its going to be the Reichstag fire all over again.
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 19:25
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Perhaps whodey is suggesting that people should be helped to die, whodey secretly craves a government shutdown because he wants the left-wing radicals to takeover Congress, this will be the perfect excuse for the tea party brown shirts to emerge from the shadows and retaliate with violence, its going to be the Reichstag fire all over again.
    "the tea party brown shirts to emerge from the shadows and retaliate with violence, its going to be the Reichstag fire all over again."-generalissimo

🙄🙄😲😲🙄🙄😲😲🙄🙄🙄😲😲😲😲🙄🙄🙄🙄😲😲😲😲😲🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 20:491 edit
    Everything okay there, uther?

Should we call 911?

😉
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 20:57
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Brownshirts? We got Code Pink on our side! Brown < Pink
  15. Germany
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 21:00
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Brownshirts? We got Code Pink on our side! Brown < Pink
    In the end, at least Mr. Pink still lives.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree