Oh nazis, prepare your selves.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 00:49
    @eladar said
    @Suzianne

It celebrates the time when black slaves in the south found out about their freedom by way of the white man's emancipation proclamation.
    In Texas, specifically. 3 years after the Proclamation was signed.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 00:51
    @averagejoe1 said
    'Ya think? I've been telling Duchess, et al, the ones who write about race and skin color all the time, that a time would come when the word Culture would replace those words.
    The time has arrived.
    No it hasn't.

Only by snowflake white people who don't want to be immediately outed for their racism.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 01:58
    @suzianne said
    No it hasn't.

Only by snowflake white people who don't want to be immediately outed for their racism.
    Anyway, the racist thing will go by the wayside. Youll tell your gchildren, “Why, i ince knew this seer called AvJoe...”. Oh well...,
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 02:42
    @mott-the-hoople said
    it will become a day that many blacks are shot by other blacks during celebrations...thats just the culture of these people.
    Nothing racist to read here…
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 03:20
    @suzianne said
    In Texas, specifically. 3 years after the Proclamation was signed.
    That is the origin of the day. Get over it.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 07:23
    Which teenth?
    Couldn't they specify in the name which teen?
    So stupid!

What is next? June 20 something?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 11:18
    @metal-brain said
    Which teenth?
    Couldn't they specify in the name which teen?
    So stupid!

What is next? June 20 something?
    Slaves could not talk proper English in those days. It was June nineteenth, and they probably said Juneteenth . But, the whole thing is just another example of dwelling on the past. Almost never do you hear about what the future holds or any plans for change, or what is best for these descendants of slaves going forward. Its all backward thinking, claiming discrimination, rioting, hating the world, blaming everyone for their failures and wanting reparations and compensation. Nothing positive. The world turns, the forward thinking ones will progress and these backward thinking people will continue to stagnate.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 11:23
    @Rajk999
    It is also a rewriting of history. Instead of celebrating Lincoln, the story becomes the white man is evil. It is why a statue of Lincoln freeing black slaves was torn down last year.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/29/951206414/statue-of-lincoln-with-freed-slave-at-his-feet-is-removed-in-boston
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 12:05
    @eladar said
    @Rajk999
    It is also a rewriting of history. Instead of celebrating Lincoln, the story becomes the white man is evil. It is why a statue of Lincoln freeing black slaves was torn down last year.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/29/951206414/statue-of-lincoln-with-freed-slave-at-his-feet-is-removed-in-boston
    In some other countries this kind of violent protest and destruction of property, will be met with extreme force, with police shooting to kill. This is what BLM needs for them to crawl back in the hole where they came from.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 12:45
    @rajk999 said
    Slaves could not talk proper English in those days. It was June nineteenth, and they probably said Juneteenth . But, the whole thing is just another example of dwelling on the past. Almost never do you hear about what the future holds or any plans for change, or what is best for these descendants of slaves going forward. Its all backward thinking, claiming discrimination, ...[text shortened]... he forward thinking ones will progress and these backward thinking people will continue to stagnate.
    Sort of like the second amendment and the bible then… all that past dwelling….
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 13:58
    @rajk999 said
    Slaves could not talk proper English in those days. It was June nineteenth, and they probably said Juneteenth . But, the whole thing is just another example of dwelling on the past. Almost never do you hear about what the future holds or any plans for change, or what is best for these descendants of slaves going forward. Its all backward thinking, claiming discrimination, ...[text shortened]... he forward thinking ones will progress and these backward thinking people will continue to stagnate.
    I still don't get it. Didn't slaves know how to count to 20? I can count to 20 in Spanish and I don't even speak Spanish well at all.

Why not call it June nineteenth? What would it hurt?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 14:01
    @metal-brain said
    I still don't get it. Didn't slaves know how to count to 20? I can count to 20 in Spanish and I don't even speak Spanish well at all.

Why not call it June nineteenth? What would it hurt?
    That wuold be the white man's language.
    White bad
    Anything else good
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 14:02
    @Metal-Brain
    Ebonics
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 14:06
    @rajk999 said
    That wuold be the white man's language.
    White bad
    Anything else good
    Black people know how to count to 20 and beyond.
    It is still stupid. Maybe it should be called illiteracy day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree