1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 May '21 12:13
    @kevcvs57 said
    So you think people wouldn’t bother be entrepreneurial or invest if they were only going to get 2billion at the end of it?
    You and wild grass are sounding like Andy these days. Did you get wildgrass’ comment above “intention to pay for it”?!?!
    In liberal fashion, you re/write what i have posted. Try this........ If i find out in advance, today, that if i start out in my garage making something that everyone wants, i will likely not bother with that hell of a life sacrifice if, each day, the government (and you with hairbun and frisbee in hand) are standing there to take 90cents of each dollar i make.
    I really do feel like i am writing to Handy.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    19 May '21 14:071 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Quite shortsighted You might Google what that would do to our economy. Now I KNOW that you are content with life as a frisbee thrower in the park.
    Im thinking that part of that 90% would stock your refrigerator ? Creepy, Thousand.
    You don’t like the 1950’s economy?

I Googled as per your request and this is what I found:

https://www.exploros.com/summary/Economy-in-the-1950s

During the Eisenhower era, Americans achieved a level of prosperity they'd never known before. While other parts of the world struggled to rebuild from the devastation of World War II, citizens of the United States saw their standard of living surpass what previous generations had only dreamed about.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 May '21 14:31
    @averagejoe1 said
    You and wild grass are sounding like Andy these days. Did you get wildgrass’ comment above “intention to pay for it”?!?!
    In liberal fashion, you re/write what i have posted. Try this........ If i find out in advance, today, that if i start out in my garage making something that everyone wants, i will likely not bother with that hell of a life sacrifice if, each da ...[text shortened]... ing there to take 90cents of each dollar i make.
    There is no mistaking your interminably twisting smoke and mirrors style Joe. We haven’t given up on you making a point though.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 May '21 14:38
    @kevcvs57 said
    There is no mistaking your interminably twisting smoke and mirrors style Joe. We haven’t given up on you making a point though.
    A guy making widgets in his garage is not that hard to understand 😇
    People come to his door, on a larger scale of course, and buy widgets, but he has to give 90% of his profit to govt. NINETY.
    You dont get them mirrors and smoke? Is that you Handy??
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 May '21 14:43
    @averagejoe1 said
    A guy making widgets in his garage is not that hard to understand 😇
    People come to his door, on a larger scale of course, and buy widgets, but he has to give 90% of his profit to govt. NINETY.
    You dont get them mirrors and smoke? Is that you Handy??
    A guy making widgets in his garage is not going to have to worry about a 50% tax rate is he though so why are you using him as a human shield.
    I’m trying to think of someone more disingenuous than you Joe but I’ll have to get back to you.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 May '21 14:52
    @athousandyoung said
    You don’t like the 1950’s economy?

I Googled as per your request and this is what I found:

https://www.exploros.com/summary/Economy-in-the-1950s

During the Eisenhower era, Americans achieved a level of prosperity they'd never known before. While other parts of the world struggled to rebuild from the devastation of World War II, citizens of the United States saw their standard of living surpass what previous generations had only dreamed about.
    It is HIGHLY unlikely that we could tax the wealthy at the same rates as 60 years ago without significant consequences. This is discussed adnauseum from one website to another. If it were as simple as you think it would be, each website would probably be two paragraphs long saying that we need to do that......raise tax on wealthy. It is Understandable that liberal sites will naturally say to do that. But note that there are no websites that say raising to 90% would be so easy. And if it were the thing to do, as you say, all of the sites would be saying with two paragraphs it makes sense to raise the taxes. So apparently, it does not So either they are wrong or you are wrong.
    One point Is that the laws have changed so much, and the shelters have changed so much, that these wealthy people have all kind of gimmicks that would keep them safe , as your 90% would drive the country into bankruptcy.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 May '21 14:55
    @kevcvs57 said
    A guy making widgets in his garage is not going to have to worry about a 50% tax rate is he though so why are you using him as a human shield.
    I’m trying to think of someone more disingenuous than you Joe but I’ll have to get back to you.
    Like Handy, you dont get analogies . You I’m not talking about a little duplex on Maple Street, there really is not a garage. Whew.
    Looks like I’ll have to get back to you.....
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 May '21 14:57
    @AverageJoe1
    I’ve got it it!!!!! Picture several huge Amazon size warehouses flipping widgets out, but the government tax man is standing at the door........ is that better?
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 May '21 15:00
    @averagejoe1 said
    Like Handy, you dont get analogies . You I’m not talking about a little duplex on Maple Street, there really is not a garage. Whew.
    Looks like I’ll have to get back to you.....
    No the problem is you keep trying to use flowery but really stupid false analogies.
    There is nothing analogous between a super rich CEO or investment banker and “a guy making widgets in his garage’ for the purposes of this thread or the tax system of the USA.
    So just try and stick with reality Joe and we’ll let you know when your ready for complex literary devices like analogies.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 May '21 19:03
    @kevcvs57 said
    No the problem is you keep trying to use flowery but really stupid false analogies.
    There is nothing analogous between a super rich CEO or investment banker and “a guy making widgets in his garage’ for the purposes of this thread or the tax system of the USA.
    So just try and stick with reality Joe and we’ll let you know when your ready for complex literary devices like analogies.
    Jeff Bezos wore bedroom slippers in his garage as he wrapped packages of books, bought himself a postage meter.
    How can this “rich CEO” not be analogous to the guy who started in the garage? He’s the same guy, And, BTW, operated under the same tax system wearing both hats.
    I think your defensive mode, your not giving an inch to my factual logic, is meant to confuse my followers!!!!!
    And, reality? , When speaking of taxes, with the Biden criseseses looming? Reality?
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 May '21 02:591 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    In liberal fashion, you re/write what i have posted. Try this........ If i find out in advance, today, that if i start out in my garage making something that everyone wants, i will likely not bother with that hell of a life sacrifice if, each da ...[text shortened]... ing there to take 90cents of each dollar i make.
    Oh how far the conservative movement has fallen when the idea that you should 'pay for what you purchase' is met with vitriol.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    20 May '21 09:23
    @averagejoe1 said
    Yes, it is totally OK for you or me to start a business and make $30M a day. It has nothing to do with ‘need’, does it. Well, does it?
    Jealous? Ok, I’ll play. Let’s say I am jealous, Me, and a few other guys up and down the street are jealous. Thousand, what has our jealousy got to do with how much money a man makes.?
    You are one strange bird. You may want to try this post again?
    Jealousy has absolutely nothing to do with how much money a man makes.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 May '21 09:51
    @averagejoe1 said
    Jeff Bezos wore bedroom slippers in his garage as he wrapped packages of books, bought himself a postage meter.
    How can this “rich CEO” not be analogous to the guy who started in the garage? He’s the same guy, And, BTW, operated under the same tax system wearing both hats.
    I think your defensive mode, your not giving an inch to my factual logic, is mea ...[text shortened]... wers!!!!!
    And, reality? , When speaking of taxes, with the Biden criseseses looming? Reality?
    But when he was wearing his slippers he would have been very happy to know that he wasn’t expected to pay the same rate of tax as his future CEO self.
    It doesn’t matter how much you pretend that a progressive tax regime is a burden on the little guy it simply is not.
    It’s the unprogressive tax regime that is a burden on the little guy because it lets the big guy off the hook.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 May '21 12:59
    @kevcvs57 said
    But when he was wearing his slippers he would have been very happy to know that he wasn’t expected to pay the same rate of tax as his future CEO self.
    It doesn’t matter how much you pretend that a progressive tax regime is a burden on the little guy it simply is not.
    It’s the unprogressive tax regime that is a burden on the little guy because it lets the big guy off the hook.
    So we are on the same page, if a man makes $1 million, you, with Marxism and 90% philosophy, would take $900 thousand away from him, leaving him with $100 thousand. You will then use the 900 thousand wherever. Remember, you as a Marxist, and I as a capitalist, are having fun with the logic. Whittle it down now to an analogy, 2 neighbors. I make $400 today, and get home to find that you had made $10,000 on that same day. I would like to take a (very) large chunk of your $10,000 for my use. You cannot speak to that, can you. Can you?
    I hope you don’t go out Suzianne on me, saying that $100,000 is plenty to live on.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 May '21 13:39
    @averagejoe1 said
    So we are on the same page, if a man makes $1 million, you, with Marxism and 90% philosophy, would take $900 thousand away from him, leaving him with $100 thousand. You will then use the 900 thousand wherever. Remember, you as a Marxist, and I as a capitalist, are having fun with the logic. Whittle it down now to an analogy, 2 neighbors. I make $400 today, and get home t ...[text shortened]... Can you?
    I hope you don’t go out Suzianne on me, saying that $100,000 is plenty to live on.
    Your claiming that Biden or someone else is proposing that the government tracks down everyone with one million dollars to their name and takes $900,000 away. I think you might be over taxing the straw man strategy again. Don’t you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree