1. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 13:324 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I suppose if one were anti-Austrian enough, one could say that the Americans learned such genocidal tactics from Tilly's Imperial Army's sack of Magdeburg in 1631.

But that would be a pretty stupid thing to say, right Finnegan?
    Well it would not be stupid (you are a very clever boy to think that up I must say) so much as uneconomic, bizarre and a little bit weird. Wounded Knee in 1890 was the last battle of the Indian Wars. As for the Phillipines, the relevant dates are 1898 - 1891. So it is not terribly difficult to suggest that the army that fought both wars in the same time frame would borrow what it learned from one to apply in the other. I could pull out quotes to hammer home the point - the people of the time had no trouble linking the two - but it is tedious.

Is that really such an "anti American" proposition? Is it Anti American to take the trouble of actually investigating American history and getting the facts right? Or to use American sources in my arguments?

"After its defeat in the Spanish-American War of 1898, Spain ceded its longstanding colony of the Philippines to the United States in the Treaty of Paris. On February 4, 1899, just two days before the U.S. Senate ratified the treaty, fighting broke out between American forces and Filipino nationalists led by Emilio Aguinaldo who sought independence rather than a change in colonial rulers. The ensuing Philippine-American War lasted three years and resulted in the death of over 4,200 American and over 20,000 Filipino combatants. As many as 200,000 Filipino civilians died from violence, famine, and disease." https://history.state.gov/milestones/1899-1913/war

That is from the Anti American source, the US Department of State, of course.

Do you sleep with your flag wrapped around you?
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 15:35
    oops: 1898-1901 of course. Carry on.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 16:27
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    ...you are such an imbecile, and with your pig-ignorance about actual Islamic beliefs, you had better shut up about them.
    I'm sorry but this made me laugh, so I had to quote it.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 18:331 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Well it would not be stupid (you are a very clever boy to think that up I must say) so much as uneconomic, bizarre and a little bit weird. Wounded Knee in 1890 was the last battle of the Indian Wars. As for the Phillipines, the relevant dates are 1898 - 1891. So it is not terribly difficult to suggest that the army that fought both wars in the same time ...[text shortened]... urce, the US Department of State, of course.

Do you sleep with your flag wrapped around you?
    (Shrug) I'm well aware the US army committed atrocities. The type of atrocities they committed weren't very different from what Tilly's army or innumerable other armies did in the past or that Euro armies were doing contemporaneously. That does not excuse them, but makes your sole concentration on them disingenuous.

EDIT: I have Peter Wilson's huge book on the Thirty Years War and thought I'd put it to use.
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 19:17
    (Shrug) I'm well aware the US army committed atrocities. The type of atrocities they committed weren't very different from what Tilly's army or innumerable other armies did in the past or that Euro armies were doing contemporaneously. That does not excuse them, but makes your sole concentration on them disingenuous.

EDIT: I have Peter Wilson's huge book on the Thirty Years War and thought I'd put it to use.
    Sole concentration???? Hardly. I make my points and you dispute them. My points survive your scrutiny so you shrug and dismiss them. However, they are points in the line of my argument, which remains intact. Do not forget that we are observing a thread which follows through from the establishment of the American colonies and their early constitutions to the current scenarios in Syria, Iraq and elsewhere. There is an unbroken thread of American imperialism. This is not an effort to make comparison with other empires or with Liberalism in France, Britain and elsewhere, all of which are vile. It is a coherent account of American Liberalism and the impact of American Liberalism on world affairs - always baleful. And that is important because America dominates world politics today and we need to understand why that is such a major problem for us all. As we used to say during WW2, the problem with Americans is they are over here.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 19:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 20:001 edit
    IN SOVIET RUSSIA
    RATIONS EAT YOU!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_reversal
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 20:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 20:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Good for them. 😏
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 22:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    HOW TO STOP ISLAMIC TERRORISTS . . . it worked once in our History . . .

Once in US history an episode of Islamic terrorism was very quickly stopped. It happened in the Philippines about 1911, when Gen. John J. Pershing was in command of the garrison. There had been numerous Islamic terrorist attacks, so "Black Jack" told his boys to catch the perps and t ...[text shortened]... believe has an endless supply of virgins) but instead will die with the hated pigs of the devil.
    I was thinking that despite my visceral rage at these hate-filled deluded miscreants, that bombimg the shlt out of their country was the ultimate in strategic stupidity. And then I read your post.
  11. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 23:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I was thinking that despite my visceral rage at these hate-filled deluded miscreants, that bombimg the shlt out of their country was the ultimate in strategic stupidity. And then I read your post.
    Not even their country
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 23:47
    Originally posted by finnegan
    You certainly show your colours here and your opinions are vicious and disgusting.

BTW American imperialism in the Phillipines was also foul and disgraceful, with many techniques consciouly borrowed from the Indian Wars against native Americans, where the US army learned its genocidal values.
    Vicious and disgusting? Vicious and disgusting is gunning down innocent people. All I'm suggesting is taking their corpses and soaking them in pigs blood in order to stop further vicious attacks.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 23:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I wonder, could Whodey be arrested for inciting terror?
    How am I inciting terror? Who am I killing?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 23:50
    A detailed discussion here: http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp
    Even if this story is a rumor it is worth a shot.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 23:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It has nothing to do with hate. I simply want to stop their murderous ways.

If soaking their corpses in pig's blood works, who is hurt?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree