Iowa allows legally blind people to get guns

Iowa allows legally blind people to get guns

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
18 Sep 13
2 edits

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Someday the Punisher is gonna shoot Daredevil, or the Hulk will smash him and we'll all know he could have lived if he only had a gun.
Daredevil, doesn't he only have a stick, awesome, are there any superheroes with guns? Its mostly those filthy criminals that have guns, is it not? My kid broght home three Xbox360 games borrowed from his friends, all characters on the covers sporting guns, red dead redemption, a swan off double barrelled shotgun, modern warfare 2, some kind of assault rifle, call of duty 4, another more advanced weapon. This appears to me to be nothing less than a kind of indoctrination, guns are good, make you a powerful all conquering hero and violence is not only a means to an end but a virtuous means to and end. It does not bode well me thinks.

Z

Moves
18 Sep 13

Originally posted by joe beyser
If a blind person was attacked he could argue he didn't need to see to be able to push a pistol into someones ribs and empty his revolver. Just tell the kids not to startle him with sudden hugs. 🙂
however there isn't a gun permit to specify the owner is only allowed to use it if someone strangles him, from 1 meter away. (and joking aside, nobody could enforce that). so no.

you don't issue driving licences to blind people saying they could drive if they only drive on certain roads, with a certain speed.

Z

Moves
18 Sep 13

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
Well excuse me. I'm blind, and I can buy a car or a gun or a piece of property and I can also find a POS like you and have a nice little chat.
Now do the world a favor and die.
(Just a little example of what kind of jerk you are, I'm not blind or helpless)
??

oh yeah, you are kilgore, i keep forgeting you are above making sense. or reason. or have manners.

iz ok, ramble your heart out, little moronic buddy.

jb

Moves
18 Sep 13

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
however there isn't a gun permit to specify the owner is only allowed to use it if someone strangles him, from 1 meter away. (and joking aside, nobody could enforce that). so no.

you don't issue driving licences to blind people saying they could drive if they only drive on certain roads, with a certain speed.
You could though. My ex old boss used to read books while he drove. He would drive by the brail system. If he hit the outer rumble strip he would correct left and versa vice for the inner strip. Gun owning is a right not a privilege by the way.

Z

Moves
18 Sep 13

Originally posted by joe beyser
You could though. My ex old boss used to read books while he drove. He would drive by the brail system. If he hit the outer rumble strip he would correct left and versa vice for the inner strip. Gun owning is a right not a privilege by the way.
"My ex old boss used to read books while he drove"
and some people use their cell phones while they drive. or not use the seat belt. yet that is punishable by traffic cops.
one could snort cocaine and iron their shirts while making an omelette and drive with their feet. let's not discuss what irresponsible individuals do while driving.

"Gun owning is a right not a privilege by the way"
that is what americans think. because they are special. a mindset that spawned the "america, fuk yeah!!!", the continued usage of the imperial system and calling football a sport that connects the foot to the ball 1% of the time (while calling the real football soccer).

nobody is born with the right to own guns. a retarded person has the right to freedom. has the right to pursuit happiness. the right to not be detained without due process (something you deny to people whose skin happen to have a certain shade of brown). those are rights. a retarded person in your country doesn't have the right to own guns. so how can it be a right?

it is a privilege. calling it a right because you are awesome americans doesn't make it so.

D

Moves
18 Sep 13

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Sep 13

The post that was quoted here has been removed
This will give you some idea ......

http://www.dumblaws.com/

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
18 Sep 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Daredevil, doesn't he only have a stick, awesome, are there any superheroes with guns? Its mostly those filthy criminals that have guns, is it not? My kid broght home three Xbox360 games borrowed from his friends, all characters on the covers sporting guns, red dead redemption, a swan off double barrelled shotgun, modern warfare 2, some kind of ass ...[text shortened]... s not only a means to an end but a virtuous means to and end. It does not bode well me thinks.
I like to blame it on Anglo culture. Recreation in their eyes is simply practice for warfare.

d

Moves
18 Sep 13

"My ex old boss used to read books while he drove"
and some people use their cell phones while they drive. or not use the seat belt. yet that is punishable by traffic cops.
one could snort cocaine and iron their shirts while making an omelette and drive with their feet. let's not discuss what irresponsible individuals do while driving.

"Gun owning is ...[text shortened]... s a privilege. calling it a right because you are awesome americans doesn't make it so.
I don't know about you, but I drive better when I'm talking on my cellphone.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
18 Sep 13

are you making a point here?

even more, do you base your stance on something concrete? most states in america do not issue gun permits for blind people. as is obviously logical to all but the most idiotic individuals.

one doesn't let the blind drive. why should carrying a gun be any different?
one doesn't let the retarded, the psychotic, the ex-con ...[text shortened]... ans have. (only in america do we talk about carrying guns as a right, rather than a privilege)
Many "legally blind" people still have some vision. Many legally poor people aren't really poor by international standards, or even common sense ones.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
18 Sep 13

I like to blame it on Anglo culture. Recreation in their eyes is simply practice for warfare.
Many cultures around the globe, and in different times have used simulated combat as games.

Houston, Texas

Moves
19 Sep 13

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Wow, you must be off your meds More rambling nonsensical gibberish.

rc

Moves
19 Sep 13

Do you think it amounts to indoctrination of children?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19 Sep 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Do you think it amounts to indoctrination of children?
I don't think it's intentional indoctrination. It's just what they like to do. They love warfare.

rc

Moves
19 Sep 13
1 edit

I don't think it's intentional indoctrination. It's just what they like to do. They love warfare.
It may or may not be intentional but its too much of a coincidence that all and i mean the vast majority of popular video games are gratuitously violent, in fact, if you take the violent content out, what have you left? How can they love warfare? They had one of the most bloodiest civil wars like evah? Perhaps if they had on their own soil wars like in Europe, they might not be so keen.