1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 09:12
    Originally posted by dryhump
    I don't know about you, but I drive better when I'm talking on my cellphone.
    yes, i am sure you do. common sense does not apply to you. using just one hand and multitasking makes you better than using two hands and focusing on just one task.

yep, seems legit
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 09:14
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Many "legally blind" people still have some vision. Many legally poor people aren't really poor by international standards, or even common sense ones.
    many legally retarded people still have some shred of intelligence. they might understand red means stop. we don't give them guns just because they aren't completely vegetable.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 09:18
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    except this ties in with an ongoing trend of discussing gun usage in america. it is not a random "hehe, look at a random law in a random country, isn't it wacky?" thread.

on an unrelated note, i can't believe i used to defend you when all the forum screamed at you. i thought it was just misogynistic bullying. since then, the more contact i had with you, the more i realized what they knew before me. you really are a horrid debater.
  4. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 11:13
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "My ex old boss used to read books while he drove"
    and some people use their cell phones while they drive. or not use the seat belt. yet that is punishable by traffic cops.
    one could snort cocaine and iron their shirts while making an omelette and drive with their feet. let's not discuss what irresponsible individuals do while driving.

"Gun owning is ...[text shortened]... s a privilege. calling it a right because you are awesome americans doesn't make it so.
    The second amendment gives us the right. If a person uses a gun to commit a crime or can hurt himself or others with a gun then their rights can be taken. A blind person may wish to own a gun yet never wish to fire it.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 11:30
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    The second amendment gives us the right. If a person uses a gun to commit a crime or can hurt himself or others with a gun then their rights can be taken. A blind person may wish to own a gun yet never wish to fire it.
    and that is why this thread is about gun permits (carry concealed weapons, firing, etc), not gun ownership. (the title is misleading because i copy pasted from the link, because i am lazy). read the link.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state
    Some states and localities require that a person obtain a license or permit in order to purchase or possess firearms.

in other words, you can collect guns, but if you fire them, your as$ is going to jail.
  6. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 12:30
    hopefully it is old news and that law no longer exists.
    As the article points out, being legally blind does not mean being totally blind. You might not be able to drive a car but you may very well be able to enjoy skeet shooting. My issue is less with gun ownership and far more with the open and concelled weapons laws in the US and my own state of Wisconsin. I also have issues with the types of fire arms allowed and the lack of any backgroud checks or restrictions. We just had a situation in a small city in Wisconsin yesterday where two young men showed up at the local farmers' market with hand guns and high powered rifles. People were terrified and called 911. The police arrived, hand cuffed the men and carted them off. The men were released soon after as they had not committed any violation of any law. In Wisconsin, local municipalities cannot pass local legislation restricting open and concelled carry of weapons in the state. I still go to farmers' markets but avoid most other large public gatherings in my state and country. For me personally this is not such a problem as I generally do not enjoy crowds. However, when I'm at the state or county fairs, I am VERY vigilant and always aware of exit routes. It's just become second nature for many people. Very sad.
  7. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 14:31
    yes, i am sure you do. common sense does not apply to you. using just one hand and multitasking makes you better than using two hands and focusing on just one task.

yep, seems legit
    That was supposed to be a joke, like when people say they drive better drunk. I guess I should have used a smiley face or something.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 17:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    It may or may not be intentional but its too much of a coincidence that all and i mean the vast majority of popular video games are gratuitously violent, in fact, if you take the violent content out, what have you left? How can they love warfare? They had one of the most bloodiest civil wars like evah? Perhaps if they had on their own soil wars like in Europe, they might not be so keen.
    Anglo means English. Their cousins, the Germans, are the ones who keep starting World Wars...but the English are the ones who win.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 18:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 00:48
    many legally retarded people still have some shred of intelligence. they might understand red means stop. we don't give them guns just because they aren't completely vegetable.
    We don't "give" people guns in Iowa or anywhere else in the US except for cops and soldiers. Everyone else has to buy theirs.
  11. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 02:30
    and that is why this thread is about gun permits (carry concealed weapons, firing, etc), not gun ownership. (the title is misleading because i copy pasted from the link, because i am lazy). read the link.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state
    Some states and localities require that a person obtain a license or permi ...[text shortened]... arms.

in other words, you can collect guns, but if you fire them, your as$ is going to jail.
    A drivers license is a privilege, and the right to keep and bear arms is a right. Common sense says that firing them is a right or else the purpose for the right is meaningless. Yes there are states that are infringing on gun owners rights to a degree requiring permits and license, because that is what the background checks are for already. Adding additional expense and time wasting paperwork does nothing but penalize a person for a constitutional right already granted. Concealed carry permits are worthless as most business establishments as well as law enforcement do not want to see open carry guns. Yet the law enforcement doesn't want people to have concealed cary either. They do make a provision for it by having concealed carry permits, but really what does that gain? Some states have moved away from the permits and now anyone can carry with or without permits. If one crosses state lines and is carrying a concealed gun he would have to be careful as the next state may require them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree