Is RHP a global microcosm?

Is RHP a global microcosm?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
14 Jul 18

Originally posted by @wajoma
Naturally I can quote you directly, and will do so if challenged.

Can you
In my recollection, during the previous time we revisited this topic, you denied the existence of pollution. Let's spare you another round.

Moves
14 Jul 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
In my opinion, saying that a nation state is "great" or even "the greatest" is a vapid, nationalist claim. That's why I asked you to clarify it, but you appear to agree with this assessment.

A more meaningful statement might refer to whether the inhabitants of that territory are well off in a broad sense; the typical American is better off than the typical world citizen, but not better off than in certain other regions of the world.
using this forum as proof...the US is basically the ONLY country talked about...the others are non existent

Moves
14 Jul 18

Originally posted by @wolfe63
"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do."
Luke 23:34 KJV

OK, OK,...I'm not so religious; but I do have a sincere and private faith.

And one faith in me springs eternal: My belief that there's plenty of room in the USA for conservative and liberal co-existence. It has been proven so for the last 242 years.

Our system is the greatest on ...[text shortened]... he sad spectacle of this epoch will pass. But we must not allow our core values to pass with it.
"Let's not do the likes of Duchess64's, bidding anymore: Because that is exactly what Putin wants."

I see you haven't wised up to the "Russia" boo game.

m

Moves
14 Jul 18

Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
"Let's not do the likes of Duchess64's, bidding anymore: Because that is exactly what Putin wants."

I see you haven't wised up to the "Russia" boo game.
You don't believe Russia tried to tilt the election towards Trump ?

I think your trailer park needs a new satellite dish !! 😀

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Jul 18

Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
using this forum as proof...the US is basically the ONLY country talked about...the others are non existent
When I go into the office we invariably spend a lot of our free time grumbling about the colleague who selfishly eats all the doughnuts and tries to bully everybody. Him dominating the conversation, however, doesn't mean the other colleagues don't exist. They are just dutifully getting on with their work.

w

Moves
14 Jul 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
By what measure?
The Constitution,.

For example, we have the right to free speech.............unless you are the campus of a major US University where they have created "safe zones" where you cannot speak freely against Progressivism, or if you are a conservative who cannot be invited to speak officially at a major university because you are "offensive" to some.

Or let's say you are on Facebook or Twitter. You have the absolute freedom to post anything you desire, that is, until it is censored and taken down if politically favoring Trump, etc.

The Constitution has done well, that is, while it lasted.

K

Germany

Moves
14 Jul 18

Originally posted by @whodey
The Constitution,.

For example, we have the right to free speech.............unless you are the campus of a major US University where they have created "safe zones" where you cannot speak freely against Progressivism, or if you are a conservative who cannot be invited to speak officially at a major university because you are "offensive" to some.

Or let ...[text shortened]... if politically favoring Trump, etc.

The Constitution has done well, that is, while it lasted.
The U.S. constitution isn't a measure.

D

Moves
14 Jul 18

Read a book!

Moves
14 Jul 18

Our system is the greatest on the planet.
Whether or not the USA is the greatest remains debatable.

But I hope we all can agree that our global community is the greatest in the entire Solar System.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
14 Jul 18

Russia or Germany in 1935.
Cambodia or South Africa in 1975.
Argentina or China in 1989.

Please feel free to make a selection.
Not talking about the present day then?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
14 Jul 18

Oh, I see...you're literally fixated on the "numbers". You want the raw data.
Sincere apologies: As I'm unable to quantify my visionary views or patriotic beliefs for you.
Do you have a system in mind which can quantify such things?

I guess the best analogy I can offer is how much I love my hometown sports team. They were great a few years ago, they s ...[text shortened]... erivative equation or formula if it is possible. I'm always willing to learn new skills.

🙂
Well there are various lists available ranking countries by quality of life et cetera.
Perhaps you could start with one of those?

Moves
16 Jul 18

Perhaps someone can offer an alternative country which is "quantifiably" greater than the USA.

For some, like Duchess64, it's too easy. She enjoys a good bash at America while cowering behind anonymity. I believe that howls of shame.

K

Germany

Moves
16 Jul 18

Perhaps someone can offer an alternative country which is "quantifiably" greater than the USA.

For some, like Duchess64, it's too easy. She enjoys a good bash at America while cowering behind anonymity. I believe that howls of shame.
The United States is a very large country (in population as well as size), so it would actually be unreasonable to expect that, on average, the standard of living would be able to keep up with small nation states with a high standard of living. After all, in the United States itself there are large differences e.g. between Mississippi and Massachusetts. So I don't think that noting that the U.S. could do better in some respects, while also recognizing that the average American is significantly better off than the typical world citizen, is "bashing."

Here are a few nation states with a significantly higher standard of living compared to the U.S. as a whole: Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg, and perhaps also Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Ireland.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Jul 18

Quantifiably? you mean who has the most money?