Is the American Revolution Inevitable?

Is the American Revolution Inevitable?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
09 Jul 20

@blood-on-the-tracks said
@no1marauder
So, just to clarify.

You agree with the poster who said that if the South had won the ACW, then slaves would still be working on plantations today in 2020?
It's entirely possible. Whoever wins the war sets the standards. Do you really think the world would have been dominated by liberal democracies for three quarters of a Century after the end of the Second World War had the Axis powers won?

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
09 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said
It's a good question!

The real problems with left/right factions boils down to this:
The left wants total control and will not stop at democratic
principles to guide the country.

I use as two examples that demonstrate this fever pitch of the left
to maintain absolute control are the lost presidential election of
2016, and the appointment of a conservative j ...[text shortened]...

https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/is-america-heading-for-civil-war-of-course-it-is_07072020
A very short memory you have, then.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
09 Jul 20
1 edit

@no1marauder said
You really do sound like a nut.

Get some help; a few shootings in a country of 330 million prove exactly nothing.
I thought "Black Lives Matter"?

Oh, I forget to mention, the little 8 y/o girl shot and killed in Atlanta by the protesters?
She was African American. Now, you should really care. Now, it "matters".

EDIT TO ADD:
No1, I won't pull the "report" trigger on you for the "nut" slam you gave me.
I will say, however, I don't appreciate it. We'll see where that takes us,

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Jul 20
1 edit

K

Germany

Moves
09 Jul 20

@deepthought said
It's entirely possible. Whoever wins the war sets the standards. Do you really think the world would have been dominated by liberal democracies for three quarters of a Century after the end of the Second World War had the Axis powers won?
Although it is of course only speculation, I think that if the Confederacy had won, it would have eventually led to another revolution supplanting the system entirely, as it occurred elsewhere, e.g. in South Africa.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 20
6 edits

The post that was quoted here has been removed
https://apnews.com/9148d740c10fcd784867eda74055aaa5

"ATLANTA (AP) — An 8-year-old girl was shot and killed on the Fourth of July after at least two people in a crowd of armed people opened fire on a car she was riding in near a flash point of recent protests in Atlanta, authorities said Sunday.

Police identified the girl as Secoriea Turner, and Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms called for justice during an emotional news conference Sunday with the girl’s grief-stricken mother.

The shooting happened near the Wendy’s restaurant where an African American man, Rayshard Brooks, was killed by an Atlanta police officer on June 12. The fast food outlet was later burned, and the area has since become a site for frequent demonstrations against police brutality.

Authorities said the mother had attempted to drive through illegally placed barricades in the area when the vehicle came under fire Saturday night.

“You shot and killed a baby,” the mayor said, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. “And there wasn’t just one shooter, there were at least two shooters.”

In a statement Sunday, police said the girl was in a car with her mother and a friend of the mother when they got off Interstate-75/85 onto University Avenue and were trying to enter a parking lot nearby. They ran into a group of armed individuals who had blocked the entrance.

“At some point, someone in that group opened fire on the vehicle, striking it multiple times and striking the child who was inside,” the statement read. The driver drove the girl to Atlanta Medical Center but she did not survive.

Police said they are seeking help from the public to identify those involved and released a wanted poster saying a person all dressed in black and another in a white T-shirt were being sought.

The mayor said there have been problems with protesters in the area putting up barriers to close off the street. She said she received a message that the barriers were back up less than an hour before she was informed that the 8-year-old girl had died.

“An 8-year-old girl was killed last night because her mother was riding down the street,” Bottoms said. “If Secoriea was not safe last night, none of us are safe.”

The mayor urged anyone with information about the shooting to come forward.

Police said two other people, in addition to the 8-year-old, were killed and more than 20 people were injured in incidents of gunfire and violence during the long holiday weekend.

The mayor said the city’s 911 system was flooded with calls Saturday night and pointed to protesters who damaged a Georgia State Patrol headquarters in Atlanta in a separate incident early Sunday. But she said the city’s police force, though tasked by the weekend’s shootings, did not have problems with large numbers of police officers calling in sick. That had been a problem in the days after murder charges were filed against one of the officers in the Brooks shooting."

Is your google search perhaps governed in some way? How are you getting it is a "lie" that they were shot at by protestors?

Here is a video by Anthony Brian Logan. In the beginning of the video it shows the Father and Mother of the little girl doing a press release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=82&v=UTEemY1d0dc&feature=emb_title

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
09 Jul 20
2 edits

@no1marauder

Lying and claiming people were shot "by protesters" is the Fox News, Breitbart, Daily Caller propaganda game.

Stop the LIES, leftist. STOP them. I am not lying, YOU are. and I will prove it if it's
the last thing I ever do at RHP, You people make me SICK.

Secoriea Turner's Parents Attack Those Who Shot 8-Year-Old Girl in Atlanta
The parents of an 8-year-old girl who was shot dead near a memorial site for Atlanta man Rayshard Brooks have spoken out against those responsible.
Secoriea Turner was shot and killed on July 4 after at least two people opened fire on a car she was riding in near the Wendy's restaurant where police killed Brooks on June 12.
"They say black lives matter," Williamson said. "You killed your own. You killed your own this time. Just because of a barrier. They killed my baby because she crossed a barrier and made a U-turn.

"You killed a child. She didn't do nothing to nobody...she just wanted to get home to see her cousin."

https://www.newsweek.com/atlanta-shooting-secoriea-turner-rayshard-brooks-1515562

Is Newsweek a righty news source??? Stop the LIES.
-----------------

ATLANTA -- An 8-year-old girl was shot and killed on the Fourth of July after at least two people in a crowd of armed people opened fire on a car she was riding in near a flash point of recent protests in Atlanta, authorities said Sunday.

Police identified the girl as Secoriea Turner, and Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms called for justice during an emotional news conference Sunday with the girl's grief-stricken mother.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/killed-baby-year-girl-killed-atlanta-shooting-71622608

Is ABC News a lying righty News source? Do you DENY that the Mayor of Atlanta was emotionally involved with this case??
---------------------

“You shot and killed a baby,” the mayor said, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. “And there wasn’t just one shooter, there were at least two shooters.”
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/georgia/articles/2020-07-05/police-8-year-old-girl-killed-in-atlanta-shooting

US News quotes Associated Press. Are US News and Associated Press Righty
news sources?? STOP THE LYING.
----------------

Atlanta mayor says 'enough is enough' after girl fatally shot near scene of Rayshard Brooks' death
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/05/us/atlanta-shootings-secoriea-turner-rayshard-brooks/index.html

Is CNN a righty News source?? STOP THE LYING!!
-------------

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms told protesters Sunday to "clear out" of an area near where Rayshard Brooks was killed by police last month after an 8-year-old girl was fatally shot near the site over the weekend.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/8-year-old-girl-fatally-shot-near-rayshard-brooks-memorial-n1232945

Is NBC News a righty news source?? STOP THE LYING.
--------------

You want more links??? Plenty of them all over the world - except in Liberal land.
Clearly THIS black live did not matter. The child could NOT be held up for
political purposes. But she's still dead. Killed by... rabid BLM members, PLURAL.
--------------------

As far as the rest of your post goes, I REFUSE to address it until you come back in here and admit you are WRONG, admit
I was right. You may even want to consider not calling me a NUT for fearing
the rising tide of liberal activists.

We'll SEE what you are made of, Irishman.

Read a book!

Moves
09 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said

You people make me SICK.
-
Don't forget to wear your MASK.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Jul 20
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
@no1marauder
Lying and claiming people were shot "by protesters" is the Fox News, Breitbart, Daily Caller propaganda game.

Stop the LIES, leftist. STOP them. I am not lying, YOU are. and I will prove it if it's
the last thing I ever do at RHP, You people make me SICK.

[b]Secoriea Turner's Parents Attack Those Who Shot 8-Year-Old Girl in Atlanta[/ ...[text shortened]... NUT for fearing
the rising tide of liberal activists.

We'll SEE what you are made of, Irishman.
Not a single one of those articles claims "protesters" did the shooting.

You've proven that you are a hysterical, gullible right winger but nothing more.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 20

@no1marauder said

You've proven that you are a hysterical, gullible right winger but nothing more.
So are you saying until the suspects are apprehended and placed under oath confirming that they were "engaging in protests at the time of the murder"...They are not protestors...how lawyerly of you...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
So are you saying until the suspects are apprehended and placed under oath confirming that they were "engaging in protests at the time of the murder"...They are not protestors...how lawyerly of you...
Show me any evidence that a protest was going on at the place and time the shooting occurred.

Certainly the video doesn't support that claim.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
09 Jul 20
1 edit

@no1marauder said

Red it AGAIN.

The mayor of Atlanta broke up the camp.
And what is your comment about "FOX, Breitbart, the Daily Caller"
Are you going to admit you lied about that?
Go away, you are a dishonest broker.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
09 Jul 20

@no1marauder said
Show me any evidence that a protest was going on at the place and time the shooting occurred.

Certainly the video doesn't support that claim.
You must practice law for the Law Firm of Duck, Dodge, and Hyde.

Just admit the damn TRUTH, lawyer.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said
Red it AGAIN.

The mayor of Atlanta broke up the camp.
And what is your comment about "FOX, Breitbart, the Daily Caller"
Are you going to admit you lied about that?
Go away, you are a dishonest broker.
My comment is accurate.

There is no evidence that there was any protest occurring at the time and place of the shooting. Present some if you have it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
https://apnews.com/9148d740c10fcd784867eda74055aaa5

"ATLANTA (AP) — An 8-year-old girl was shot and killed on the Fourth of July after at least two people in a crowd of armed people opened fire on a car she was riding in near a flash point of recent protests in Atlanta, authorities said Sunday.

Police identified the girl as Secoriea Turner, and Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lan ...[text shortened]... a press release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=82&v=UTEemY1d0dc&feature=emb_title
"a crowd of armed people" sounds more like a mob of 2nd amendment white boys than "protesters", despite your attempts to conflate disparate stories.