Moves
    08 Jul '20 14:49
    It's a good question!

The real problems with left/right factions boils down to this:
    The left wants total control and will not stop at democratic
    principles to guide the country.

I use as two examples that demonstrate this fever pitch of the left
    to maintain absolute control are the lost presidential election of
    2016, and the appointment of a conservative judge to the SJC.

In my life, I never can recall such vitriol and rancor over such events.
    The tempers flared about Trump before he even had one minute's
    record as a public servant.
    Not to be overlooked, the appointment of Judge Brett Kavanaugh
    to the SJC, again, put leftists on display with such hatred and rancor
    that it showed to be more than "odd". The left was watching the
    majority go from left to right for the first time since the 1970's.

These two demonstrations by leftists really demonstrate the left's
    thirst for absolute control. Yes, totalitarians.

Totalitarians come in many flavors. Right now, it would seem that
    America's leftists are of the Marxist variety.

Then, there this is this:
    I fully realize that the third outcome is the most likely. War is probably inevitable. Why? Because collectivists and narcissists are never satisfied. They desire unlimited control over the lives of others and they will use any means to get that control no matter how destructive. Separating from them is only a stop-gap that allows us to take a superior position. Through peaceful migration, we set the pace of the conflict. Eventually, they will come after us, and there will be no doubt about our response then. There will be no way to spin the result in their favor, no way for them to play the victims.

A very good article. Enjoy.

https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/is-america-heading-for-civil-war-of-course-it-is_07072020
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 14:51
    @earl-of-trumps said
    It's a good question!

2016, and the appointment of a conservative j ...[text shortened]...

https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/is-america-heading-for-civil-war-of-course-it-is_07072020
    Another one who’s playing the Brits this time round?
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 14:55
    @earl-of-trumps said
    It's a good question!

2016, and the appointment of a conservative j ...[text shortened]...

Seriously you don’t remember the ultra rights reaction to the election of Obama.
    Trying to bring about a coup under the false pretext of the Birther argument.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 15:002 edits
    I think the main threat of Trump is that he was not in the group. Only people of the "political class" belong in "politics" in their opinion. What happens if people from outside politics enter an exit politics as they are supposed to; serving and then returning to a non-political life to live with the choices they have made, not above them. How will alliances form? How will the oppressor's control be maintained?
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 15:171 edit
    @Earl-of-Trumps

The basic problem is that, love them or hate them, Presidents have always acted with a certain level of calm and professionalism and have at least paid lip service to unity.

The President has such a powerful bully pulpit that even if people hate him, the fact that the President speaks in a soothing way takes some of the charge out of the air.

Now we have a President who shoots his mouth off at the slightest provocation and yells and screams like an anonymous social media ranter without the slightest conception of his responsibility.

I think that Biden can settle things down. No doubt partisanship will continue, but the hysteria meter will be relaxed once Trump is out of office.

Don't get me wrong. It's not JUST Trump. The right and left wing whackos are also to blame. But the tone at the top now is just disastrous. Without that, there would be no talk of revolution or civil war.
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 15:20
    @kevcvs57 said
    Seriously you don’t remember the ultra rights reaction to the election of Obama.
    Trying to bring about a coup under the false pretext of the Birther argument.
    No, Kev I really don't remember that.

Please recall, Obama had a record as a public servant when elected. Trump never did. Diff.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 15:21
    @sh76 said
    @Earl-of-Trumps

The basic problem is that, love them or hate them, Presidents have always acted with a certain level of calm and professionalism and have at least paid lip service to unity.

The President has such a powerful bully pulpit that even if people hate him, the fact that the President speaks in a soothing way takes some of the charge out of the air.

Now we have ...[text shortened]... at the top now is just disastrous. Without that, there would be no talk of revolution or civil war.
    While I agree with you that a Biden victory might slightly help (although his victory will likely be too narrow), the crazies will always talk of civil war. Remember all the you-know-whos on this forum who were crying wolf about Obama implementing martial law?
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 15:21
    @joe-shmo said
    I think the main threat of Trump is that he was not in the group. Only people of the "political class" belong in "politics" in their opinion. What happens if people from outside politics enter an exit politics as they are supposed to; serving and then returning to a non-political life to live with the choices they have made, not above them. How will alliances form? How will the oppressor's control be maintained?
    That could explain deep state's reaction or the reaction of seasoned politicians, but not the people.
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 15:24
    @sh76 said
    @Earl-of-Trumps

Now we have ...[text shortened]... at the top now is just disastrous. Without that, there would be no talk of revolution or civil war.
    sh, I understand, I really do.

I am saying the rancor was there BEFORE Trump had actually taken office.
    The left had no record to judge Trump by, other than "not a leftist".

And the screaming was deafening
  10. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 15:26
    @earl-of-trumps said

Please recall, Obama had a record as a public servant when elected. Trump never did. Diff.
    Obama was a Chicago "community organizer" or some silly chit before he became a senator out of the blue and was a rookie , then president shortly after.
    He was an affirmative action president.
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 15:28
    I would like to make this perfectly clear, in view of someone reporting my OP,

This is an honest opinion the author raises, and I agree. And I never once
    badmouthed, in any way, any member of RHP. Nor do I intend to.
    So I hope Admin sees it that way,

Let's have a peaceful thread for a change, shall we?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 15:341 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    That could explain deep state's reaction or the reaction of seasoned politicians, but not the people.
    I'm afraid I don't follow. The "peoples" opinions are mostly given to them. Generally, we're typically nothing but mirrors reflecting incident information. The key to perceived reaction is controlling the source. Something happened last election cycle where people talking amongst themselves on "free speech platforms" like "Facebook" effected the pre-determined election results. Alas, here we are, a war on free speech particularly aimed at the developing 6th State ( social media ) which challenged the information power dynamic and will continue to do so if not seriously pruned.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 15:54
    @earl-of-trumps said
    sh, I understand, I really do.

I am saying the rancor was there BEFORE Trump had actually taken office.
    The left had no record to judge Trump by, other than "not a leftist".

And the screaming was deafening
    I agree that there was rancor before Trump, but not as much.

As for Trump's record, his statements on the campaign trail were inflammatory enough.

There was always hope that he'd settle down after assuming office (as it seemed like he was doing between the election of 2016 and the inauguration). Unfortunately, he did not settle down much, if at all. If anything, he's gotten even more belligerent.
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 16:191 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said

So you don’t remember the birther movement earl and the creation of the Tea Party which clearly signalled that another revolution of some kind was on the cards.
    These were the right wing Republican grass roots that got Trump elected, it’s not the left that calling for revolution is it earl, it’s not the left that are turning up at events armed to the teeth is it earl.
    Edit
    I don’t understand why having a history of public service is a negative.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 16:35
    @joe-shmo
    Which POTUS are you talking about as the oppressor?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree