I’m so proud of them boys…

I’m so proud of them boys…

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
239d

@wajoma said
Well the jury decided otherwise, so: what the jury said.

Isn't that your fall back when your ambiguous quotes are knocked down, your direct route of Biggs is shown to be quite indirect, your absence of evidence, your absence of the unlikely convoluted plan that to be moderately successful would need detail and precision, when those are knocked down one by one, you know wh ...[text shortened]... you've tried it a couple of times, your fall back is: well the jury decided otherwise, end of story.
Interestingly, earlier in the book Roark lost a lawsuit for breach of contract.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
239d

@no1marauder said
The "jury" was a figment of Ayn Rand's deranged mind. No real jury would have brought such a ridiculous "defense".

Stop the BS. Your disingenuous concentration on the minutiae doesn't change the facts, There was a plan that Biggs admitted he discussed with Tarrio, Tarrio himself said it involved "storming the Capitol", the Proud Boys gathered at a pre-designated spot, ...[text shortened]... by their ideological predilections as you are knows that they did exactly what they conspired to do.
By your own words, they went directly to X room by exiting the Capitol.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
239d

@wajoma said
By your own words, they went directly to X room by exiting the Capitol.
I can't read minds and don't feel like speculating on why Biggs went outside for a few minutes before re-entering and leading the Proud Boys to the room out of 500+ rooms in the Capitol where the Electoral College certification was being held. Maybe you think it was a coincidence, but no reasonable person is going to accept such an absurd assertion.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
239d

@no1marauder said
I can't read minds and don't feel like speculating on why Biggs went outside for a few minutes before re-entering and leading the Proud Boys to the room out of 500+ rooms in the Capitol where the Electoral College certification was being held. Maybe you think it was a coincidence, but no reasonable person is going to accept such an absurd assertion.
So you've seen Bigg's route during that event, break it out man, so we can all see just how 'direct' it was.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
239d

@wajoma said
So you've seen Bigg's route during that event, break it out man, so we can all see just how 'direct' it was.
Did he and the group he was leading go to the Senate chamber?

Yes or no.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
239d
1 edit

@athousandyoung said
I didn't claim anything. I provided facts about what Rand actually wrote instead of how you relied on vague memories of how you felt when you read the book once decades ago.
My good self, said: "Which you claimed was through your superior knowledge and as it turns out it was the search capabilities of some site."

ATY: "I didn't claim anything"

Also ATY said: "We have clearly demonstrated that we got more out of that book than you did.

ATY got more out of the book by searching single words and taking snippets out of context, that is not the way you do fiction, I will repeat my previous advice, works of fiction are not your forte'. If you're serious about this try Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand compiled by Leonard Peikoff you wont trip yourself up on the colour of a fictional metal.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
238d

@wajoma said
My good self, said: "Which you claimed was through your superior knowledge and as it turns out it was the search capabilities of some site."

ATY: "I didn't claim anything"

Also ATY said: "We have clearly demonstrated that we got more out of that book than you did.

ATY got more out of the book by searching single words and taking snippets out of c ...[text shortened]... n Rand[/i] compiled by Leonard Peikoff you wont trip yourself up on the colour of a fictional metal.
ATY got more out of the book by searching single words and taking snippets out of context, that is not the way you do fiction

This reminds me of how you searched for a link to a single speech by Francisco D'Anconia and posted it out of context.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
238d
3 edits

@athousandyoung said
ATY got more out of the book by searching single words and taking snippets out of context, that is not the way you do fiction

This reminds me of how you searched for a link to a single speech by Francisco D'Anconia and posted it out of context.
That was specifically the reason I posted the link to the whole speech. It's bit of a read and I warned people it was X words long.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
238d

@athousandyoung said
Searchable full text of The Fountainhead:

https://archive.org/details/TheFountainhead/page/n279/mode/2up

I'm reviewing the text at the moment to see if I can clarify exactly how the negotiations went with textual excerpts for support. As a famous Governor of California once said,

I'll be back.
Looks like the government is the owner and Keating is working as an independent architect. Roark's agreement was with Keating. There is some sort of paper contract but Roark admits that it probably will not hold up in court because it's not a formal contract.

The media totally controls the entire situation, both in the form of Ellsworth the newspaper columnist influencing the government to select Keating (using Roark's design, unknown to the government), as well as in the form of Wynand's column influencing the jury to acquit Roark.

Government employees change the design after accepting it. For example, they added a gymnasium using different architects than Keating. Note that it is pretty common for purchasers to modify things after they buy them; this is their right as owners of the property.

Keating attempts to persuade them to stop but fails. Roark makes a point of NOT blaming Keating, who is the one who he made the agreement with. He then goes on to dynamite the property.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
238d

@wajoma said
That was specifically the reason I posted the link to the whole speech. It's bit of a read and I warned people it was X words long.
But when I post a link to the whole novel it's out of context?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
238d

@athousandyoung said
Looks like the government is the owner and Keating is working as an independent architect. Roark's agreement was with Keating. There is some sort of paper contract but Roark admits that it probably will not hold up in court because it's not a formal contract.

The media totally controls the entire situation, both in the form of Ellsworth the newspaper columnist inf ...[text shortened]... g Keating, who is the one who he made the agreement with. He then goes on to dynamite the property.
Not bad. The short answer is we don't know the extent Keating's authority.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
238d

@athousandyoung said
But when I post a link to the whole novel it's out of context?
In contrast to your previous post this is pitiful squirming

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
238d

Oh ya I almost forgot - Roark BEGGED Keating to let him design the site

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
238d
2 edits

@wajoma said
Not bad. The short answer is we don't know the extent Keating's authority.
It’s pretty clear Keating had zero authority to demand conditions. The government bought the design he submitted with zero strings attached. Keating willingly accepted.

Keating broke his silly unenforceable contract with Roark who then punished the perfectly innocent owners of the site.

Moves
238d

@shavixmir
When Trump wins again, he'll pardon them.