1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 12:271 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Doesn't your voting system work properly?
    How is it possible to let a *** in the White House?

All world are laughing, shaking their heads simultaneously, how is this possible?
    You assume that if someone gets elected by the masses that such a person must be the best leader.

History has proven this to be a faulty assumption.

If the person running is popular, this generally just means a person with personality combined with a good propaganda machine.

As for your question, it is easy, just have the person run against an even more hated individual.

Obama was elected because people hated Republicans because of W. Of course running a weak candidate to run against helps too.

After people got sick of both Democrat and Republican establishment types we get Trump. Of course the fact that many people hated Hillary helped Trump as well.

As for the world, you can get over yourself. If you don't like what the US is doing, do something about it.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 12:35
    Originally posted by Eladar
    You assume that if someone gets elected by the masses that such a person must be the best leader.

History has proven this to be a faulty assumption.

If the person running is popular, this generally just means a person with personality combined with a good propaganda machine.

As for your question, it is easy, just have the person run against an even ...[text shortened]... ment types we get Trump. Of course the fact that many people hated Hillary helped Trump as well.
    This makes the democracy very vulnerable. Anyone with a superior propaganda apparatus will win the election. Hitler did and won. When will USA have its own new Hitler? It's a terrifying possibility.

People must know this, and vote for the one most capable to make USA great again. The American people fails time after time. Why?
    Lack of education? Lack of intelligence? Lack of interest? USA gets the president USA deserves.

Worlds best democracy? No, I don't think so...
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 12:431 edit
    This makes the democracy very vulnerable. Anyone with a superior propaganda apparatus will win the election. Hitler did and won. When will USA have its own new Hitler? It's a terrifying possibility.

People must know this, and vote for the one most capable to make USA great again. The American people fails time after time. Why?
    Lack of education? Lack ...[text shortened]... interest? USA gets the president USA deserves.

Worlds best democracy? No, I don't think so...
    We had our first Stalin under Obama. When first Hitler? Maybe Obama as well. Not too much difference between Stalin and Hitler.

The way around the issue is to reject European style unitarian states where all the power is centralized and the government tries to micromanage what people say or believe.

The solution is to limit the central power and give more power to the individual states. On the Federal level power needs to be taken from the President and put back into the hands of congress. We need to do away with things like the war powers act and the epa.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 12:47
    We had our first Stalin under Obama. When first Hitler? Maybe Obama as well. Not too much difference between Stalin and Hitler.

The way around the issue is to reject European style unitarian states where all the power is centralized and the government tries to micromanage what people say or believe.

The solution is to limit the central power and give mo ...[text shortened]... into the hands of congress. We need to do away with things like the war powers act and the epa.
    So you voted a Stalin/Hitler for president. And who says the democracy of USA is healthy?

USA is a federation of states. Why just not break the federation to 50 different nations with one president each? This makes all the power to be DEcentralized?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 12:531 edit
    So you voted a Stalin/Hitler for president. And who says the democracy of USA is healthy?

USA is a federation of states. Why just not break the federation to 50 different nations with one president each? This makes all the power to be DEcentralized?
    Why unite? Self defense of course.

At the moment the US is for all practical purposes a unitary government. The Federal government is not kept in check, it does as it pleases.

Case in point, the Constitution states that the Federal government can't control state land, yet we have Federal run parks throughout the western states.

Of course the US is broken, anyone should be able to see that. The Constitution is being ignored and no one is able to stop it.

Btw, I never voted for Obama.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 13:15
    Why unite? Self defense of course.

At the moment the US is for all practical purposes a unitary government. The Federal government is not kept in check, it does as it pleases.

Case in point, the Constitution states that the Federal government can't control state land, yet we have Federal run parks throughout the western states.

Of course the US is br ...[text shortened]... he Constitution is being ignored and no one is able to stop it.

Btw, I never voted for Obama.
    So you have said that USA isn't a good democracy anymore.
    Now you say that USA is broken, in decline.

Time to the next power to take the mantle. You cannot count by USA anymore.
    早上好,中國!
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 13:22
    So you have said that USA isn't a good democracy anymore.
    Now you say that USA is broken, in decline.

Time to the next power to take the mantle. You cannot count by USA anymore.
    早上好,中國!
    The US isn't good anymore because the structure is broken.

Don't be so quick to throw out the US yet.

One should not throw away the old bucket until you know the new bucket holds water.

Why do you assume there is such a thing as a good democracy based on electing good officials? Your point of view is inherently flawed.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 13:33
    The US isn't good anymore because the structure is broken.

Don't be so quick to throw out the US yet.

One should not throw away the old bucket until you know the new bucket holds water.

Why do you assume there is such a thing as a good democracy based on electing good officials? Your point of view is inherently flawed.
    Noone elects the new power. Noone but themselves. Who will win the leadership?

Next generation will be able to study Mandarin. The next one will have to.
    Mandarin is already the largest language in use today. Who will go with China and who will stay behind?

Do you think the best democracy is a dictatorship?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 13:48
    Noone elects the new power. Noone but themselves. Who will win the leadership?

Next generation will be able to study Mandarin. The next one will have to.
    Mandarin is already the largest language in use today. Who will go with China and who will stay behind?

Do you think the best democracy is a dictatorship?
    Dictatorship?

No, I do not support the basis of the European model. You guys certainly love your lords to protect you and tell you what to believe.

I prefer the US model with proper separation of powers.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 13:53
    Dictatorship?

No, I do not support the basis of the European model. You guys certainly love your lords to protect you and tell you what to believe.

I prefer the US model with proper separation of powers.
    There is no "European Model". There are fifty plus different models in Europe. Not one single.

Where did this myth of yours come from?

"I prefer the US model with proper separation of powers."
    You sit in a sinking ship.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 13:57
    There is no "European Model". There are fifty plus different models in Europe. Not one single.

Where did this myth of yours come from?

"I prefer the US model with proper separation of powers."
    You sit in a sinking ship.
    There is a European model. It is based on a strong concentration of power at the national level.

It is so common that you believe it is the only model and is like this everywhere and always has been.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 14:07
    There is a European model. It is based on a strong concentration of power at the national level.

It is so common that you believe it is the only model and is like this everywhere and always has been.
    I live in Europe, and I've never heard of such.
    Can you refer to a governmental document that says so?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 14:32
    I live in Europe, and I've never heard of such.
    Can you refer to a governmental document that says so?
    Perhaps you can name a country that is not based on a strong central government controlling the country.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 14:531 edit
    Perhaps you can name a country that is not based on a strong central government controlling the country.
    Strong or not, I can give you names of 55 different European countries that differ their government for one to another.

Do you really think that Iceland, Portugal, Vatican State and Ukraine have the same government? Have you even been to Europe?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 15:00
    Strong or not, I can give you names of 55 different European countries that differ their government for one to another.

Do you really think that Iceland, Portugal, Vatican State and Ukraine has the same government? Have you even been to Europe?
    Same government? Of course not, just variations on the same theme.

The US is supposed to have something different, at least according to the Constitution.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree