1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 22:29
    http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/julian-assange-calls-abc-news-reporter-tabloid-schmuck-12425603

LMAO @ this clown.

His whole public persona - the whole reason for his public existence - is about the free flow of information and openness - his idea that people are entitled to information.

So, he gets one medium grade question about the rape allegations against him, and it's too hot for him.

LOL. Typical playground bully. It's good for everyone else, but for him... different ballgame.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 22:33
    I guess PR isn't this guy's specialty.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 23:06
    Why would he want to answer questions about something I'm sure his lawyer advised him not to talk about? Any comment he were to make would surely be used against him.
    Also, not wearing a condom during sex is not rape. Anyone who uses the word rape to describe Assange doesn't know what they are talking about.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 23:22
    i personally think he is awesome, don't you just love the United states government and its lackey corporate sponsors falling over themselves trying to shut the guy down. The free speaking people of Europe have embraced Mr. Assange. The charges of rape, as has been pointed out were not only unfounded, but initially dropped, it was only at the instigation of some lackey Swedish politician, obviously under pressure from the United States administration that the charges were re-invoked.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 23:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i personally think he is awesome, don't you just love the United states government and its lackey corporate sponsors falling over themselves trying to shut the guy down. The free speaking people of Europe have embraced Mr. Assange. The charges of rape, as has been pointed out were not only unfounded, but initially dropped, it was only at the instig ...[text shortened]... bviously under pressure from the United States administration that the charges were re-invoked.
    Agree.

He has caught the generals, politicians, an other prominent men of the mighty US of A with their pants down. He has showed what really happens behind the scenes. Lies. Corruption.

The Swedish prosecutor is a marionette with strings pulled by CIA. They want him down and use 'rape' as a reason.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 00:012 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Agree.

He has caught the generals, politicians, an other prominent men of the mighty US of A with their pants down. He has showed what really happens behind the scenes. Lies. Corruption.

The Swedish prosecutor is a marionette with strings pulled by CIA. They want him down and use 'rape' as a reason.
    This was really surprising for me, because all the Swedes i have met, without exception have if not been anti American, certainly not pro American. Of course not all Swedes are like that, never the less, i always wondered what perceptions they have that made them like that. This guy certainly seems like a puppet. I just had to laugh at Sarah Palins comment, in which she stated that Mr Assange,

“He is an anti-American operative with blood on his hands. His past posting of classified documents revealed the identity of more than 100 Afghan sources to the Taliban. Why was he not pursued with the same urgency we pursue al Qaeda and Taliban leaders?”

If ever there was a case for a lady to be happy in childbearing and learning to bake cakes, i think Mrs Palin is it.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 00:28
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Agree.

LOL

Do you have any evidence that "the Swedish prosecutor is a marionette with strings pulled by CIA" or are you just a conspiracy nut?
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 00:29
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Why would he want to answer questions about something I'm sure his lawyer advised him not to talk about? Any comment he were to make would surely be used against him.
    Also, not wearing a condom during sex is not rape. Anyone who uses the word rape to describe Assange doesn't know what they are talking about.
    Watch the clip. Look at his reaction. No one's entitled to ask him anything but he's entitled to make public anyone else's information he can get his grubby mitts on.
  9. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 00:51
    Originally posted by sh76

LMAO @ this clown.
    This 'clown' is taking on the establishment and you think he should allow himself to become caricatured and marginalized by tabloidesque journalism......... boo hoo hoo!
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 01:19
    Assange is a hero.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 02:05
    This forum is a who's who of those who hate the US government. Why then are they all progressives who support the current progressives in the US government? Hmmm?
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 02:141 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    This forum is a who's who of those who hate the US government. Why then are they all progressives who support the current progressives in the US government? Hmmm?
    no1moron should come creeping along any minute now....I can smell em'....😉
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 02:24
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I'll get warmed up using quotes from the movie Forrest Gump.

(Clear throat) "Stupid is as stupid does".

"Progressives may be smarter than I. In fact, I may not be a smart man, but at least I know what balancing a check book is."

"Marauder is like a box of choclates, except for the fact you always know what your gonna get." 😛
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 02:37
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    yeah to kick yo asses up and down the forum! muhaha!
  15. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 03:02
    Originally posted by sh76
    LOL

Do you have any evidence that "the Swedish prosecutor is a marionette with strings pulled by CIA" or are you just a conspiracy nut?
    I don't know about the CIA or about the prosecutor, but it is odd that these charges were being brought back coincidentally after he released information that is embarrassing to the US and a lot of other countries.

Also, from what I've read/heard about the charges they are pretty flimsy.

They are also irrelevant as to his rights to release the information that he has. It's despicable that US politicians are labeling him as a "terrorist".. it just goes to show you that terrorist is beginning to mean anyone who might do or even say anything that the US doesn't like so much.

Good thing we didn't actually try to define what terrorism was or what a terrorist was... now we can essentially label anyone a terrorist.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree