1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 May '22 13:121 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    You are smarter that the judges, interpreting law and constitution and rights and privileges, You do know the diff in rights and privileges, I presume? For example, it is a fact is that you want your neighbor to pay for your daughter's abortion, so you are wrong coming out of the gate, Kev. Note my avatar. I hope SCOTUS does not ignore the rights of the rest of socie ...[text shortened]... rying to appease you people. You are an extremely dependent person, that has to be uncomfortable.
    I know the difference between a judge trying to increase and protect overall freedoms and one that was placed there by the minority to restrict the freedoms of the majority in the most egregious way.
    The freedom eroding minority will have to answer to the majority Joe, given that trump lost the popular vote in 2016 he should’ve taken that into account when appointing judges in order to keep the court representative of the peoples common will but hey it was trump and along with a morally corrupt gop senate He forced an accused rapist and an evangelical dyed in the wool anti choice judge onto SCOTUS.
    It’s not only elections that have consequences Joe, actions have them too.
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    20 May '22 13:281 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    As a total outsider on your silly ravings about Jan 6, it is only natural for me to do a whataboutism here. And ,yes, I can figure there are some hoodies on this forum who could get caught up in this stuff, raid the court. Conservatives Jan 6, Liberals SCOTUS. Y’all dish it out, so relent a bit and take it. And yes, I connect the libs here with twinkles in the ...[text shortened]... p on the SCOTUS columns. After all, if they don’t do what you want, isn’t that normal procedure?
    What ''.....silly ravings about Jan.6th.......?''
    I must have missed them........
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    20 May '22 13:29
    @kevcvs57 said
    I know the difference between a judge trying to increase and protect overall freedoms and one that was placed there by the minority to restrict the freedoms of the majority in the most egregious way.
    The freedom eroding minority will have to answer to the majority Joe, given that trump lost the popular vote in 2016 he should’ve taken that into account when appointing judges ...[text shortened]... hoice judge onto SCOTUS.
    Right on....3 thumbs up
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 May '22 14:161 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    The freedom eroding minority will have to answer to the majority Joe, given that trump lost the popular vote in 2016 he should’ve taken that into account when appointing judges ...[text shortened]... hoice judge onto SCOTUS.
    a judge's duty is to decide based on written law, not to decide based on political leanings

judges do not write law
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 May '22 14:32
    @mott-the-hoople said
    a judge's duty is to decide based on written law, not to decide based on political leanings

judges do not write law
    😂😂😂
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    20 May '22 14:34
    @mott-the-hoople said

judges do not write law
    This court certainly has those
    pesky political leanings, though.
    Don't they?
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    20 May '22 15:15
    @vivify said
    Av doesn't actually believe this, he's just desperate to attack Dems with any scraps he can come up with.
    Don't be so sure.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 May '22 17:37
    @averagejoe1 said
    As a total outsider
    You're not even fooling yourself.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 May '22 17:43
    @averagejoe1 said
    For example, it is a fact is that you want your neighbor to pay for your daughter's abortion,
    It's more of a fact that you want your neighbour's 13 year old daughter to die in childbirth because your 38 year old son raped her. I don't think your moral posturing is worth much.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 May '22 17:45
    @mott-the-hoople said
    In a civilised country, yes. In a civilised country, judges are not appointed to the high court by politicians.

The USA is not a civilised country, and your judges very obviously do decide based on their political leanings.
  11. Garner, NC
    Moves
    20 May '22 19:08
    @shallow-blue said
    In a civilised country, yes. In a civilised country, judges are not appointed to the high court by politicians.

The USA is not a civilised country, and your judges very obviously do decide based on their political leanings.
    Is it possible that both the following are true?

1. It is reasonable and fair to let people decide for themselves whether or not to have an abortion.
    2. Nothing in the US Constitution requires that abortions be legal.

As far as I can tell, no judge inclined to overrule Roe v. Wade would also prevent states from making abortion legal. Seems they are the ones ruling based on the Constitution.
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 May '22 19:15
    @kevcvs57 said
    😂😂😂
    what is behind the emojis
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 May '22 19:17
    @techsouth said
    Is it possible that both the following are true?

1. It is reasonable and fair to let people decide for themselves whether or not to have an abortion.
    2. Nothing in the US Constitution requires that abortions be legal.

As far as I can tell, no judge inclined to overrule Roe v. Wade would also prevent states from making abortion legal. Seems they are the ones ruling based on the Constitution.
    Don't all you libbies rush to tell us, that, with the tech south post, you finally get it.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 May '22 19:25
    @shallow-blue said
    It's more of a fact that you want your neighbour's 13 year old daughter to die in childbirth because your 38 year old son raped her. I don't think your moral posturing is worth much.
    Foolish post. In lib fashion, you change the premise of the post. Why do y'all do that? My son caused the daughter to be pregnant? Is that not a different issue than that which I pose!?? Your post is between families. Neighbor should have my son thrown in jail. But, My post was saying what I said with no connection between the families.
    Really bad, typical lib, stuff, shallow. Really bad. You would do better to say 'How about this, Joe. What it your son had impregnated the girl?" But you see, that would be answering my post with a question, and with changes of fact. Really bad.
    If you want to be cool, answer AvJoe's question. Shallow, my premise could be that I dont even know the neighbor. Or, I could say that I dont have a son, or a wife, or a dog. Why do you libs get so verklempt?
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 May '22 19:292 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    You know what I see in this post? I see that you don't understand the nature of freedoms. Restrict what freedoms? What freedom of a minority is being restricted. I think that doing away with separate water fountains and ending segregation just about did it. Who is not enjoying the same freedoms as all in this country? It's just a question, dont get upset.

As to judges, what if we ended up with a judge who thinks that we all should chip in and pay off tuition loans? Without a thought given to those who just finished paying their 10-year loan last week? Without a thought of people who gave their lives to military service to get a free college education. That soldier could have gotten a loan for college (to be paid off by Bernie, et al) and not gone to service. He could have instead come to work for me years ago, and be well-fixed, putting his kids through college today.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree