Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 11 May '14 02:28 / 1 edit
    Progressives have now come up with a new liars award dubbed the JFK award.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/former-president-bush-honored-with-kennedy-award/2014/05/04/635cd53e-d3c8-11e3-8f7d-7786660fff7c_story.html

    Apparently former President Bush Sr. received the award for raising taxes after he had promised voters he never would.

    I can only assume Obama is next in line for the award for having the political courage to lie to the American voters.

    I think that they perhaps bypassed his son "W" because he has gone into seclusion painting pictures like a drooling vegetable. But then, he was that way before.

    This is why I can no longer tolerate Progressives. Sure politicians lie, but to celebrate it? The deepest part of my bowels smell better than they do.
  2. 11 May '14 03:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    Progressives have now come up with a new liars award dubbed the JFK award.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/former-president-bush-honored-with-kennedy-award/2014/05/04/635cd53e-d3c8-11e3-8f7d-7786660fff7c_story.html

    Apparently former President Bush Sr. received the award for raising taxes after he had promised voters he never would.

    I can onl ...[text shortened]... politicians lie, but to celebrate it? The deepest part of my bowels smell better than they do.
    He had the courage to change his mind and do the right thing, isn't that how they are spinning it? I think Caroline Kennedy said something like that once. I almost hurled when she said it.
    The rich love tax increases as long as they have a loophole big enough to avoid paying much of it themselves.
  3. 11 May '14 03:41 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    He had the courage to change his mind and do the right thing, isn't that how they are spinning it? I think Caroline Kennedy said something like that once. I almost hurled when she said it.
    The rich love tax increases as long as they have a loophole big enough to avoid paying much of it themselves.
    This is how liberals think. They know that if they tell us the truth in terms of what is "best", we would not vote for them. So they lie to get elected and then find the "political courage" to stab us all in the back.

    Democracy has come down to lying to get elected. There is nothing democratic about it.
  4. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    11 May '14 04:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    This is how liberals think. They know that if they tell us the truth in terms of what is "best", we would not vote for them. So they lie to get elected and then find the "political courage" to stab us all in the back.

    Democracy has come down to lying to get elected. There is nothing democratic about it.
    What a debacle Aus politics, the last mob (labour/liberal) got a whipping for promising no carbon tax then commencing to implement one, they never quite lived that one down and the opposition wielded that broken promise often.

    The next mob (conservatives) get voted in primarily for two reasons; the blatant lies of carbon tax and a promise. That promise being 'No new taxes'.

    Fark it, I can't finish the story, you can guess where it's going, why does anyone believe them.
  5. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    11 May '14 09:01
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    What a debacle Aus politics, the last mob (labour/liberal) got a whipping for promising no carbon tax then commencing to implement one, they never quite lived that one down and the opposition wielded that broken promise often.

    The next mob (conservatives) get voted in primarily for two reasons; the blatant lies of carbon tax and a promise. That promise b ...[text shortened]... Fark it, I can't finish the story, you can guess where it's going, why does anyone believe them.
    Well for the UK I submit David Cameron, leader of the Conservative Party, who promised "There will be no top down reorganization of the National Health service" and has systematically stripped it apart in preparation for privatising huge parts and making profits to be shared by a large proportion of his corrupt cabinet.
  6. 11 May '14 10:44
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Well for the UK I submit David Cameron, leader of the Conservative Party, who promised "There will be no top down reorganization of the National Health service" and has systematically stripped it apart in preparation for privatising huge parts and making profits to be shared by a large proportion of his corrupt cabinet.
    I wouldn't know were to begin with the previous governmental Labour party in the UK .
  7. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    11 May '14 10:50 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I wouldn't know were to begin with the previous governmental Labour party in the UK .
    No I don't suppose you would. I could help - try Iraq War. Or the fact that the people voted for a Labour government and got a Tory government with neo-liberal economic policies. There was a lot of good stuff lower down Blair's agenda driven by others in his government but he was a Tory and that came through.
  8. 11 May '14 11:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    Progressives have now come up with a new liars award dubbed the JFK award.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/former-president-bush-honored-with-kennedy-award/2014/05/04/635cd53e-d3c8-11e3-8f7d-7786660fff7c_story.html

    Apparently former President Bush Sr. received the award for raising taxes after he had promised voters he never would.

    I can onl ...[text shortened]... politicians lie, but to celebrate it? The deepest part of my bowels smell better than they do.
    you do understand that everything anyone promises, ever, comes with an implied "unless crap happens"?

    you are like a child that throws a tantrum because his father promised he would come to his stupid recital and didn't because he had to go into surgery.


    don't whine that obama broke his promise. figure out if he could have avoided it, if he broke it for a good or not reason. that is how reasonable people act and not children.

    perhaps obama should have, like any other politician, ammend "if no unforseen circumstances occur". this sentence should occur every two other sentences, just so people like you wouldn't have yet another pointless thing to complain about.
  9. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    11 May '14 12:16
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you do understand that everything anyone promises, ever, comes with an implied "unless crap happens"?

    you are like a child that throws a tantrum because his father promised he would come to his stupid recital and didn't because he had to go into surgery.


    don't whine that obama broke his promise. figure out if he could have avoided it, if he broke ...[text shortened]... sentences, just so people like you wouldn't have yet another pointless thing to complain about.
    I think the greatest disappointment with Obama will be his failure to do things he never said he would, but people imagined he would.
  10. 11 May '14 17:06
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Well for the UK I submit David Cameron, leader of the Conservative Party, who promised "There will be no top down reorganization of the National Health service" and has systematically stripped it apart in preparation for privatising huge parts and making profits to be shared by a large proportion of his corrupt cabinet.
    That is due to the fact that no system of payment yet devised can guarantee everyone free everything. Once people don't pay, demand will always exceed supply. Reorganization just means shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.
  11. 11 May '14 17:07
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I think the greatest disappointment with Obama will be his failure to do things he never said he would, but people imagined he would.
    Among American liberals and leftists, that is true. Other Americans are dismayed at things he did do, contrary to their wishes.
  12. 11 May '14 17:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you do understand that everything anyone promises, ever, comes with an implied "unless crap happens"?

    you are like a child that throws a tantrum because his father promised he would come to his stupid recital and didn't because he had to go into surgery.


    don't whine that obama broke his promise. figure out if he could have avoided it, if he broke ...[text shortened]... sentences, just so people like you wouldn't have yet another pointless thing to complain about.
    You would equate raising taxes with being forced to have surgery?

    No one benefited from the raising of taxes. The poor are still poor and the same people that celebrate him raising taxes and cutting deficit spending are the same ones celebrating the government spending trillions more in deficit spending than what Bush would have spent had he not raised taxes. It makes no sense.
  13. 11 May '14 17:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I think the greatest disappointment with Obama will be his failure to do things he never said he would, but people imagined he would.
    Politicians are continually given a free pass. It is to the point that they are expected to promise things they cannot produce, because they need votes.

    The thinking is that if you are trust worthy, you are unelectable. Those that are fool hearty enough to only promise things that they know they can deliver are unelectable. It then boils down to whoever can lie the best I suppose or be irresponsible enough to promise something that they don't realize they cannot be accountable to produce.

    I say why even listen to these fools? Just vote for whoever looks the best or has the skin color you would rather vote for. It makes more sense than listening to them babble on about lies they know they can never keep.
  14. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    12 May '14 08:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    Politicians are continually given a free pass. It is to the point that they are expected to promise things they cannot produce, because they need votes.

    The thinking is that if you are trust worthy, you are unelectable. Those that are fool hearty enough to only promise things that they know they can deliver are unelectable. It then boils down to whoever ...[text shortened]... It makes more sense than listening to them babble on about lies they know they can never keep.
    they are expected to promise things they cannot produce, because they need votes
    Maybe it is time voters stopped projecting their fantasies onto political candidates and started looking for someone less like a celebrity and more like a serious and effective political administrator. Politicians have a serious job of work to do and it would be nice to see more serious politicians get the job and to see voters evaluate their performance more seriously and less trivially. That implies demanding more serious, more objective and less partisan news and reporting from the media. Will that happen soon?
  15. 12 May '14 11:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I think the greatest disappointment with Obama will be his failure to do things he never said he would, but people imagined he would.
    in other words, people thought he would be the greatest president in american history and are now outraged to find out he is a mediocre one. nobody sees he is a hundred times better than dubya, nobody understands he inherited dubya crap and couldn't fix it over night.

    everything good he proposes, people whine it is not great. everything bad thing he does, even if it is still not dubya bad, people whine about it.


    america is better in many areas than it was during the bush administration, yet they whine about it.