1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 17:412 edits
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    - I am not an American and therefore didn't vote for Trump.

- In my own country I always vote for either the most left wing or second most left wing party.

- Regardless of my political leanings I will always criticize the type of behaviour mentioned in the article.

Dumbass.
    The only dumb ass around here is you Loser boy. Why didn't you complain about Trump being caught on tape bragging about sexually assaulting women then? Then you turn around and call the only two women in here "(Douchess, SuziPuzi)" but say you critize this behavior? Who's the Dumb ass? Dumb ass.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 18:29
    - I am not an American and therefore didn't vote for Trump.

- In my own country I always vote for either the most left wing or second most left wing party.

- Regardless of my political leanings I will always criticize the type of behaviour mentioned in the article.

Dumbass.
    Gail Collins presents a nuanced view while offering a few more details:

According to a Times report by Maggie Haberman and Amy Chozick, during the 2008 presidential campaign, a senior Clinton aide named Burns Strider was accused of sexually harassing a woman who had the bad luck to be working in his office. Clinton’s campaign manager recommended he be fired. Instead, the candidate opted for sending him to counseling and docking him several weeks’ pay. The law firm that worked for the campaign said it had set up a process for handling sexual harassment complaints and this was “appropriate action.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/26/opinion/hillary-clinton-harassment-sexual.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

So HRC didn't do what her political aides wanted but decided to stick with the process that had been set up to deal with such issues. That decision may have been right or wrong (it certainly looks worse in the present environment) but I don't think it says anything definitive regarding HRC's "feminism" or "liberalism".
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 18:331 edit
    Originally posted by @kingdavid403
    The only dumb ass around here is you Loser boy. Why didn't you complain about Trump being caught on tape bragging about sexually assaulting women then? Then you turn around and call the only two women in here "(Douchess, SuziPuzi)" but say you critize this behavior? Who's the Dumb ass? Dumb ass.
    - I think Trump is a disgusting human being for being a racist and sexist pos. What makes you say I never complained about it?
    - I think Hilldog's a terrible human being, assuming the story is true. Do you agree?
    - SusiPuzi is a kind nickname. I mostly agree with SuziPuzi's political views, except for when she's wrong.
    - Calling Duchess64 "Douchess" is me being nice. That smelly old witch deserves nicknames this website would surely censor, even if I deliberately used spelling errors.
    - I called you a dumbass (and will do so again shortly). Does that make me a misandrist?

Dumbass.
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 18:381 edit
    - I think Trump is a disgusting human being for being a racist and sexist pos. What makes you say I never complained about it?
    - I think Hilldog's a terrible human being, assuming the story is true. Do you agree?
    - SusiPuzi is a kind nickname. I mostly agree with SuziPuzi's political views, except for when she's wrong.
    - Calling Duchess64 "Douches ...[text shortened]... called you a dumbass (and will do so again shortly). Does that make me a misandrist?

Dumbass.
    You're a two faced fool; dumb ass.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 18:52
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Gail Collins presents a nuanced view while offering a few more details:

According to a Times report by Maggie Haberman and Amy Chozick, during the 2008 presidential campaign, a senior Clinton aide named Burns Strider was accused of sexually harassing a woman who had the bad luck to be working in his office. Clinton’s campaign manager recommended he ...[text shortened]... nment) but I don't think it says anything definitive regarding HRC's "feminism" or "liberalism".
    While it is slightly more nuanced, it changes nothing about the big picture, which is that no-one, and certainly not a wannabe president should want to continue working with this man.

It is of course entirely true that 1) Mott and his ilk post these stories on purpose to take the spotlight away from Trump and 2) that they don't actually GAF about the abuse, only about discrediting the Democrats. I am very aware of the absurd level of partisan bs on this website and I presume all over America*

That doesn't mean Hilldog's actions shouldn't be criticised.

Way too often voters accept terrible behaviour by politicians because it's one of them.

* this kind of thing to a certain extent happens in The Netherlands as well, of course. Recently, a member of the PVDA (slightly more left wing party than the Obama administration, I'd say) was found out to have been doing some very questionable things regarding his business (he was found guilty by a judge) and I was amazed to see how many of the PVDA voters supported this man, rather than demand his withdrawal.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 18:53
    Originally posted by @kingdavid403
    You're a two faced fool; dumb ass.
    Not a single on-topic reply. Typical.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 19:00
    While it is slightly more nuanced, it changes nothing about the big picture, which is that no-one, and certainly not a wannabe president should want to continue working with this man.

It is of course entirely true that 1) Mott and his ilk post these stories on purpose to take the spotlight away from Trump and 2) that they don't actually GAF about ...[text shortened]... amazed to see how many of the PVDA voters supported this man, rather than demand his withdrawal.
    You don't see any merit in the argument that procedures had been set up and the resolution in this case was consistent with those procedures? Is there any point in setting up a system whereby sexual harassment allegations are investigated and then deviating from them when it is politically useful?
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 19:07
    You don't see any merit in the argument that procedures had been set up and the resolution in this case was consistent with those procedures? Is there any point in setting up a system whereby sexual harassment allegations are investigated and then deviating from them when it is politically useful?
    I think the procedure (keep man on job, send him away for some weeks, send woman to another job) was awful (assuming this was the outline of the procedure) and Hilldog should've said "this is an awful procedure, I don't want this man on my team".

In a world of mindless drones "following procedure" might always be fine. In the real world, with human beings with human brains and human emotions, procedures should be discarded when they are bad.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 19:36
    I think the procedure (keep man on job, send him away for some weeks, send woman to another job) was awful (assuming this was the outline of the procedure) and Hilldog should've said "this is an awful procedure, I don't want this man on my team".

In a world of mindless drones "following procedure" might always be fine. In the real world, with human beings with human brains and human emotions, procedures should be discarded when they are bad.
    The woman in question wanted another job and she got one which was apparently better.

I'm not as convinced, as you seemingly are, that due process should be done away with whenever it is politically useful (or that procedures are "awful" or "bad" based on a result which seems questionable/debatable). I think it's a fair question as to what he did deserved firing; in any event, reasonable minds might differ on that question and I wouldn't say that people who think differently on that point are "terrible" because they do so.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 21:05
    The woman in question wanted another job and she got one which was apparently better.

I'm not as convinced, as you seemingly are, that due process should be done away with whenever it is politically useful (or that procedures are "awful" or "bad" based on a result which seems questionable/debatable). I think it's a fair question as to what he did des ...[text shortened]... wouldn't say that people who think differently on that point are "terrible" because they do so.
    "I'm not as convinced, as you seemingly are, that due process should be done away with whenever it is politically useful"

An odd sentence. Did I not make it clear my position on this was not based on politics? Hilldog should've not wanted to continue working with this man. Not out of political reasons, or because she is a woman. Simply because of humanistic reasons.

I'm not saying the man should not have a chance at a normal life ever again, but he should not have been allowed to stay within this team.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 21:26

It is of course entirely true that 1) Mott and his ilk post these stories on purpose to take the spotlight away from Trump and 2) that they don't actually GAF about ...[text shortened]... amazed to see how many of the PVDA voters supported this man, rather than demand his withdrawal.
    "Mott and his ilk post these stories on purpose to take the spotlight away from Trump"

Just showing the double standards and outright hypocrisy of liberals. Mere >allegations< for them is enough to hang Trump and Roy Moore, but When they are faced with >hard proof< someone on their side did this they just blow it off.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 21:29

I'm not as convinced, as you seemingly are, that due process should be done away with whenever it is politically useful (or that procedures are "awful" or "bad" based on a result which seems questionable/debatable). I think it's a fair question as to what he did des ...[text shortened]... wouldn't say that people who think differently on that point are "terrible" because they do so.
    LOL wanted another job so she goes out and gets sexually harassed...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree